It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ambassador evacuated as Baghdad Embassy stormed by Pro-Iranian Militia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: carewemust

Kuds force, the very same.

I'll look it up.

mg

THE FORCES BOMBED ON 29 decemberare PMU REGULAR Iraqi ARMY . THEREFORE US FORCES HAVE BOMBED iraqi GOVT FORCES

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370

I'll look it up.

mg

THE FORCES BOMBED ON 29 decemberare PMU REGULAR Iraqi ARMY . THEREFORE US FORCES HAVE BOMBED iraqi GOVT FORCES

Did they deserve it?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370

I'll look it up.

mg

I would like to know more about this situation, ie, triggers instead of the size comparison of any 2-3 country’s fighting force, yeah? Respect nod CareWeMust but please, people outside the continental US as at least one self-identified New England woman—— more education, more resources and genuine debate on foundation and philosophical levels. The clearers the path forward.
You all are talking like there is no forward..... and that’s simply incorrect. #my2cents

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Two KC-135s (62-3540 as QID534 and 61-0292 as QID535) from the 100th ARW, based at RAF Mildenhall met up with three C-17s (10-0222 as RCH892, 07-7188 as RCH893, and 08-8204 as RCH894) from Fort Bragg, carrying the first 500 of 750 troops from the 82nd Airborne that are deploying in response to this.

ETA- Looks like 08-8204 is 3-4 hours behind the other two. He met MASH93 off the east coast before heading over. He'll probably meet another Bloody Hundredth tanker closer to the UK.
edit on 12/31/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich is SPOT ON.

twitter.com...

Iranians don't like Iran's leadership. We (the US) doesn't like Iran's leadership.

Take them out with a surgical strike while they're praying. (Same time every day)

They'll get to God (and the virgins) that much faster.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

hezbollah was attacked after they injured and killed Americans in a rocket attack, it was not iraqi military as you assert.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Unless the embassy changed from when I was there the roof is secured fighting positions. This embassy had mortor screens as well as rocket screens. The lobby could be closed off completely access was through a huge steel door think of a safe vault. When this is shut it completely seals off the upper floors.

So short of dropping bombs on the embassy it will be fine. What AP doesn't tell you is those stations on the roof were always manned. This embassy doesnt have a compound just a fence with 2 guard stations. The guard stations would be abandoned under attack and the embassy would be sealed. Oh and they have the option to flood the lobby with gas if needed. I was wondering if this was the smoke reported??

edit on 12/31/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there also an outdated Halon fire suppression system on the ground floor?

It would be bad for a room full of humans if that were to be activated.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Two KC-135s (62-3540 as QID534 and 61-0292 as QID535) from the 100th ARW, based at RAF Mildenhall met up with three C-17s (10-0222 as RCH892, 07-7188 as RCH893, and 08-8204 as RCH894) from Fort Bragg, carrying the first 500 of 750 troops from the 82nd Airborne that are deploying in response to this.

ETA- Looks like 08-8204 is 3-4 hours behind the other two. He met MASH93 off the east coast before heading over. He'll probably meet another Bloody Hundredth tanker closer to the UK.

There were 3 (actually) and over Gibraltar head east into the med. I saw that. And here comes the other's back...

Yep the 171st Pittsburgh.
edit on 1-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

They took off early on the 31st, they just got home on the 1rst. One continued back to Ohio. My screen capture is 2 planes as they were flying over my house.
edit on 1-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/12/31/iranian-militia-leader-who-led-raid-u-s-embassy-baghdad-previously-visited-obama-white-house/

www.breitbart.com...

Iranian militia leader Hadi al-Amiri, one of several identified as leading an attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad on Tuesday, reportedly visited the White House in 2011 during the presidency of Barack Obama.

edit on 1-1-2020 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A cocktail of circumstances and events are involved with the unsurprising events currently unfolding. Firstly, there is blowback from the Obama era anti-ISIS Iran, Iraq, U.S. coalition. Iranian militias happily positioned themselves to gobble up swaths of Iraq. Secondly, Trump's policy of abandoning the Kurds may well have further emboldened Iranian backed militias to act.

Thirdly, the failure of Iraq's intelligence community and security forces/army to prevent this occurrence. Removing the Iranian presence from Iraq will not occur peacefully. In the shorter term, preventing Iranian backed forces from gaining ground or conducting terrorist attacks is the immediate priority. In the longer term, evicting the Iranian presence from Iraq is another topic and can of worms.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

Just answering,
Far too many people have lost their lives due to this conflict regardless of who has the moral high ground that everybody claims.
You ask if you should sit and do nothing and people there ask the same question. What something do you suggest that will bring a lasting solution?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
a reply to: UKTruth

These people are angry because of airstrikes slaughtering their fellow citizens indiscriminatley and you feel the solution is an airstrike?

Fascinating

But there was a reason for that......if they did not attack first the u.s. would have not responded.

The u.s. is angry that they attacked American contractors.

It's clear what will happen if you do that...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ok, I give in. Endless war and suffering for all, yay.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
a reply to: Bloodworth

Ok, I give in. Endless war and suffering for all, yay.

You will find a common trend of agreements with the same side always breaking those.

In Afghanistan the Taliban agreed to a seize in attacks and it lasted maybe a week.

When I was growing up there was a common saying.
We do not negotiate with terrorist...
They cannot be trusted. Today you see the reasons why.
Some people just need to be punished into submission.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
To those with the inclination to respond with "think of the innocents" or "but their home was bombed!".

Are they innocent if they participate in jihad? What about those willing to partake in some jihad, knowing it puts their loved ones at risk? Go do your jihad thing and leave your families at home and out of it.

To me, an innocent in this situation is going to be the people that are not setting fires, destroying property, and trying to injure others. Unless you believe them to be too dumb to understand the repercussions of attacking an embassy? All others were just waiting for the excuse and the assurance they wouldn't be alone.

At the end of the day, Syria is a teachable moment. Most of the protestors, which later turned into rebels, were ISIS. Can you say for certain that these are just people, and there isn't a cell within, trying to foment rage?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It seems to be calming down.
Obama's militia has packed up and withdrawn.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I remember being next to that embassy.

The videos/pictures may show stuff burning and protesters running all over the place but the embassy itself is a veritable castle. It is not a wood shack anybody can walk up to and kick in the door.

With that being said, with enough time and effort it could be breached. Anything could but I don't think it's happening today.

All the DRF assets are enroute or already there by now as a statement to those pulling the strings.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
It's funny, if it was the Vatican financing a far alt-religious group in the US (think Dominionism here, not specific political flavors) and mucking up stateside politics and policies, I think we'd be bum-rushing & Molotov Cockatiling their crap, too. Does "Get out, you dirty foreigner" only apply when it's the US mainland or something? Other countries don't count?

We're the dirty foreigners all over the globe. When the locals tell us to GTFO, maybe we should do as we're fricking told for once. Let 'em sink or swim on their own accord in the dust. As far as Iraq goes, count the years. We've had plenty of time to make it a Freedom Eden, and it hasn't worked. We trashed a delicate balance between tribes and sects that a dictator actually managed to do right. What the F gave us that right? We ended up killing FAR more citizens than Saddam did, and in less time, go us! That's SO non-violent & noble /sarc

What caused it you ask? I say:

Bush 1 and 2 with Clinton and Obama passing the baton around on the same team as the frickin' CIA Bush family.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: neo96

That's amazing, now these Iraqi citizens have somehow become "Iranian-backed protesters", what happened to the "Pro-Iranian militiamen" label?

No they never wanted the Iraqi leadership in power either. They are Shiite who hate Sunni and Iraq is Arab Sunni before the Gulf war there was a with a small population of Shiite. Saddam made them live in peace but was too greedy wanting Kuwait or he would still be there now.

edit on 1-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join