It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunfauna Gigantes YA2020 non writer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It was to have been a glorious union with my two mates, which would have led to many beautiful babies, but fate intervened.

A hard cold thing had come into the world from the outer darkness and disturbed the dance of union, the sweet meld of forms. It stung coldly against my membrane and it ablated like powder to the touch.

Suddenly this thing drew the interest of all my family, as there were clearly some sort of minds there? And the strangeness of them!

Often things had come from the outer dark. Cold things. Empty things. Breaking apart in the light of the world and warming until absorbed. But this, this thing pushed, this thing felt the currents and moved in its response, of its own volition. In jets and sprays it wriggled about.

This thing or rather, these things, knew what they were doing and only sought to understand, but their assumptions had been wrong and they now knew it. They would loose existence in the star, absorbed, like the old ones, and they feared to let go from their existences.

My family agreed that these ill fated creatures could be saved and so we lifted them back towards the outer darkness. Happily, their engines fired up again and they climbed back up, in their wobbly way, off into the dark and deep cold.

Briefly we all allowed our minds to reveal themselves to the strange beings with messages we hoped were of peace and joy.

--------------------

On board the UES Sundiver Two, Captain Sarah Belston went rigid in her chair and toppled over on her side. She tried to look to her crew as her eyes rolled upwards and she began to vomit. There was someone talking, not not talking, they were in her head. They were trying to help. That was why they lifted the ship back up to the surface of the sun.

They were saying they saved us when we hit the energy band at the border of the sunspot and the energy dissolved too much of the ships ablative cover, creating a penetrative puncture in the engine cowling.

She looked back down at the sunspot from which they were emerging, back through the heavy filters which allowed her fragile eyes to see.

There were the arcs and floes following the tremendous magnetic fields puncturing the Solar surface, leaving the inevitable bright ring at the edges. She looked down through the edge of her own last shreds of consciousness into the hole in the chromosphere.

And the Sunspot blinked...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ohhhh that gave me a shiver up my spine with that last line.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wow that Was Incredible! I Really Liked it, that was Nicely Written!!
S&F!
(Oh, be sure To leave a Link to This Story, on the Main Contest Info Page!)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If You already have a link posted there, ignore this...
edit on 12 18 2019 by SyxPakSyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well done, I was wondering what,,, it was brightly done. Definitely a flag here.

new topics

top topics

join