It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 States including California, New York and Michigan set to lose a Congressional Seat in 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thanks.

I have to admit that this is a little over my head, and I suspect that the census has become a political tool, what with Wilbur Ross scandal, and all. So, I'm not sure what to think about this "news".

I'm having a hard time believing that any state's populations will have dropped since the 2010 Census.

It is not a first for Michigan. We had loss a seat after 1980 census, 2 seats after 1990, 1 seat after 2010 and now on tract to losing 1 seat after 2020. This time we are not all alone. Apparently, they are blaming women not having as many children, immigration decline, and the mortality rates of older citizens for the declining populations.
Detroit Free News

Also, found the source link WSJ Article that talks about all of the other states data forecasting. The US census Bureau just released the data last Wednesday. Thus the news has picked up on the current changes across the nation.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: dfnj2015

Please clarify your copy and paste comment. Thx.

He may not make any sense 99% of the time but if you wanna know what his opinion is just go read some CNN articles and you'll get the gist of it

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I make more money now than I did 4 years ago, the healthcare mandate is gone. Evil democrats showing there true colors. It's a win/win for me. I'm poor by the way. And take no government assistance. But my pay has gone up 2 bucks an hour over the last few years.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, housing is cheaper where it is warmer because of less heating bills.

WHAT? WHatever you're smoking, pass it around because that's BS. I pay $500 annually for gas heating up here in Mi, that beats the CRAP out of my $150+ electric bill every single month of the year back in Florida, Ricky. It was $200 in the dead of summer down there ((so July-Sept) and it didn't get below 85 in the house. That worked out to be about $1900 bucks a year for electric climate control in Florida. My electric bill varies by the month up here, sure, but I spent just a little over a grand on electricity in the past 12 months. My gas & electric climate control, in a much leakier & older house, comes to a grand total of $1500. That comes in $400 less up here than in FL to temp control my house.

Cheaper where it's warmer my fat white ass.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Didn't you know? Hawaii is the cheapest state to live in the whole USA!

edit on 31-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
9 States including California, New York and Michigan set to lose a Congressional Seat in 2020

It also shows why the usual suspects are so hot for open borders, and granting instant citizenship.

Short term win anyway.

Immigrants are the leading 'breeders' since natives prefer to not have or 'abort' their offspring.

Long term the outlook isn't so good.

I am sure some might take offense to my word choice there.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't think I know. House is going to flip. Then you will see the full power of the Dark Side...

Seriously though. The data I am referencing is showing why there was such a lobby to not include citizenship on the new census and it should. The long form should be used for everyone and not just a select group.

Impeachment...that is not even a lead story in the news anymore.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Maybe the libs are moving out of the cities to the country in an effort to turn those states blue?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That is a very good question and idea. How would they get their Starbucks though?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: scraedtosleep

That is a very good question and idea. How would they get their Starbucks though?

They do have Starbucks out in the hinterlands now. It's as ubiquitous as McD's and about as good.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

How is California moving backwards because of this?

Because math?

/facepalm

You want California to keep it's seat?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
The survey data was just released. American Community Survey 2014-2018 this is what they use to determine who lives where. So with this information you can see what states lost people and which had gains. So yes this will change the number of representatives until the next survey. The next census report will be dec 2029.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lumenari

Let us know when that starts.
Wall? Nope.

Yes, it's being built and/or re-built depending on the area.

Healthcare? Nope.

Yes, the mandate is gone and other options are more readily available now. We're getting close to the ACA being found unconstitutional as it should have been from the start. Wrong again.

Infrastructure? Nope.

We're seeing improvements in some areas in Michigan, finally, thanks to federal money. So, yes. Wrong yet again.

Tax breaks? if you are rich. If not ... Nope.

I got one, why didn't you? I'm considered lower-middle class and I like having that extra money in my check.

Winning must look like something different to you than me.

Obviously I and most others use the definition that says we're gaining, not losing.

Maybe if he set his mind on helping the american people instead of serving himself.
But we both know that will never happen.

How can someone who appears to be so nice be so wrong all the time? Trump policies benefit US, not him. Unlike Obama's policies that grew the government, Trumps policies benefit all of us. I explained this in another thread yesterday, you should try to find it and read it.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Because math?

/facepalm

How did you get that from what he said? California's liberal policies have convinced a lot of people to move out. Fewer people means fewer representatives are necessary. They lose, not gain.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, housing is cheaper where it is warmer because of less heating bills.

WHAT? WHatever you're smoking, pass it around because that's BS. I pay $500 annually for gas heating up here in Mi, that beats the CRAP out of my $150+ electric bill every single month of the year back in Florida, Ricky. It was $200 in the dead of summer down there ((so July-Sept) and it didn't get below 85 in the house. That worked out to be about $1900 bucks a year for electric climate control in Florida. My electric bill varies by the month up here, sure, but I spent just a little over a grand on electricity in the past 12 months. My gas & electric climate control, in a much leakier & older house, comes to a grand total of $1500. That comes in $400 less up here than in FL to temp control my house.

Cheaper where it's warmer my fat white ass.

Our old, large, semi-leaky house in Michigan costs us a bit more for gas & electric than yours but if it were in the south the cooling bill would be awful. The short spurts of ungodly heat and humidity here doesn't last that long, we only used A/C in our bedroom for a few weeks total this year. I would prefer somewhere in the middle, I can't take the high heat and humidity any better than the bitter cold.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lumenari

Let us know when that starts.
Wall? Nope.
Healthcare? Nope.
Infrastructure? Nope.
Tax breaks? if you are rich. If not ... Nope.
I am comfortable... and it didn't change a thing for me.

Winning must look like something different to you than me.

Maybe if he set his mind on helping the american people instead of serving himself.
But we both know that will never happen.

I have to ask...

What color is the sky in the world you live in?

Wall... Yep.
Healthcare... I finally have it again... yep.
Infrastructure? Yep... look up Opportunity zones.
Tax breaks? I got mine... all my employees did as well. None of us are rich hun.

If he wasn't serving the American people, why are more people employed in America now then ever in our history?

As for you being "comfortable"?

If you were then you certainly wouldn't wander in to ATS every day and post the soul-twisting wretched posts you do.

Nah... you're miserable because you can't parse "Orange Man Bad" and "America is doing great under Trump by any economic indicator you wish to use."

See you in 2020.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Because math?

/facepalm

How did you get that from what he said? California's liberal policies have convinced a lot of people to move out. Fewer people means fewer representatives are necessary. They lose, not gain.

Yes and as a Californian not of a progressive mindset I think it benefits California and the nation at large to loose seats in the HoR. I'm sorry you and others think otherwise.

BTW Luminari is a she not a he.

ETA: I misspelled the username I referenced. Was not intended nor a sign of disrespect.
edit on 31-12-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: We all make mistakes

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Maybe the libs are moving out of the cities to the country in an effort to turn those states blue?

They definitely did that in Washington state years ago and more coming, mostly from California. Washington state used to be almost red as red could be. Now every other car is a Subaru loaded with tree hugging bumper stickers.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The problem is the Red states are getting more seats because the Democrats are flocking there. Over the next 20 years these states are going to go blue because of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Because math?

/facepalm

Except they take the policies that forced them to move with them. They think the policies are good somehow despite it ruining their home state. They vote those same failed policies in their new homes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join