It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi is against pay raises and child care for the military .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is against pay raises and safe childcare for military children.

Just for the fun of it. I decided to do a OP using CNN’s style of reporting.

I’m going to take something good that happened cherry pick something trivial. Then blow it completely out of proportion and pretend it’s the main issue. Then in the imaginary scenario with a vauge connection. I’m going to single out my opponent and use it to vilify them.

Trumps proposed spending for the $750 million National Defense Authorization Act was held up in the house of representatives in June.

The revolt was led by house speaker Nancy Pelosi. The heartless tan lady with skin like old leather .

With callous disregard she’s glad to leave our war fighter families in such a state that they would have to reuse diapers and be imprisoned in their own homes with their children wearing rags because of the lack of liquid assets.

Another portion of the bill was earmarked for maintenance on the damp decrepit structurally dangerous military daycare facilities in need of repairs.

When the poor innocent starving bedraggled children could bravely leave their homes for a decent meal at daycare. Nancy was glad to leave them in danger from exposed wires, structural deficiencies , damp cold conditions that bred black mold , MRSA , impetigo and tuberculosis.

She was well aware of the implications from what she was doing.

Just before passing the bill, the House defeated, 204-212, a Republican motion to recommit that would have increased the military pay raise and poured additional funds into military maintenance accounts.

Save the children

Under her leadership Nancy did tack on a tidbit for their bleeding heart base . They earmarked funds for 12 weeks of childcare leave.

Her dark sense of humor makes my skin crawl.

She wants to encourage more childbirth and withhold the funding that would give them a normal life!!!

Nancy Stalin has sold her soul to the devil.

I’ll pray for you nancy.

But our farseeing and compassionate president fought for the families and their babies tooth and nail.

He emerged victorious in the face of the heartless opposition.

WASHINGTON -- During today's testimony, Army senior leaders told lawmakers their fiscal year 2020 request will not cut any programs supporting military families.

Forget sally Struthers we’ve got Trump

*disclaimer

Just about every “fact” I gave isn’t a fact. it’s either deceptive, misrepresented or a outright lie.

But then I said I was going to write like CNN. 😘

PS

I know I’m not a wordsmith. So I imagine that was mediocre at best. I’ve seen a lot of talented writers in the short story forum.

I’d like to see one of you guys give it a whack .

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I like Nancy Pelosi. I think she's doing a great job.

Pelosi Statement on NDAA

DECEMBER 10, 2019 PRESS RELEASE

Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued this statement on the bipartisan conference report for the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2020:

“This NDAA is an important step forward for the national security and economic security of the American people. We salute the patriotism and persistence of Chairman Smith and all our Members who have worked tirelessly on this legislation to ensure that our military has the resources that it needs and that our nation maintains its qualitative military superiority.

“This NDAA achieves two major victories for America’s working families: ending the unfair and unjust ‘widow’s tax’ and securing 12 full weeks of paid parental leave for workers across the federal government.

“Unfortunately, while this agreement contains initial steps to improve the health of families, Senate Republicans refused to join us to secure full, robust protections against dangerous PFAS ‘forever chemicals.’ The House unanimously adopted an amendment to regulate PFAS as a hazardous substance, which would have made life-saving progress to clean up and limit the dumping of these toxins into our communities. Sadly, this language has not been included in this agreement because of Senate GOP obstruction. These chemicals are endangering communities across the country, and House Democrats will continue to make this issue a priority in the New Year, until all Americans are protected.

“Democrats will always stand unified in support of a strong national defense For The People that honors our values, protects our security and advances our leadership in the world.”

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I was hoping for something funny . 🙁

How about you be a conservative and I’ll be a liberal then we can debate the topic ? Lol
edit on 30-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I wonder if she is against drinking on the job?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

She certainly wasn't against payrises for her son Paul.
Right up there with Biden.

She is abhorrent.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I wonder if she is against drinking on the job?

You are assuming that she thinks her position is a job.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

She is abhorrent.

From looking at her, Im wondering if that was that the Apostle Paul?

He was a bad person, during the first portion of his life

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That would be the perfect position for a hypocrite .

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

How about you be a conservative and I’ll be a liberal then we can debate the topic ? Lol

Why? Do you want to see what it is like to lose all the time?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Regulate PFAS? How are they going to do that, make it mandatory for everyone to turn their frying pans? PFAS use should be regulated and usage in food packages removed, but regulating them as a hazardous substance is not the right answer. That would mean you have to bring anything with them to a hazardous waste facility. There have been people complaining of use of PFAS for decades now, and neither political party even addressed strongly limiting their use. You can still buy frying pans with PFAS, I was under the impression they had banned it years ago. Every so often a big stink is raised, but nothing actually gets fixed.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It is a sad way to choose to be for the people and those that defend them.
But sadly her party has chosen not to be for the people and those that defend them. They pander for the unaccounted population, and hope they will not be stopped in voting. I am so disappointed in what some of this republic supports.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Lol

Actually I’m looking for some practice. There’s a liberal gang of about 10 posters harassing people with impunity on Twitter .

They got me suspended three times . You can tell they coordinate their efforts.

So I opened an account posing as a liberal and now I’m trying to infiltrate them .

You wouldn’t believe how hard it is to pretend you’re a liberal . 🤥

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Lol

Actually I’m looking for some practice. There’s a liberal gang of about 10 posters harassing people with impunity on Twitter .

So I opened an account posing as a liberal and now I’m trying to infiltrate them .

Step one.

Take out your brain.

Step two.

Log on to Twitter.

Step three.

Hate HATE hate HATE hate.

Wish you luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Sorry, but you completely missed the mark on re-creating CNN's style of journalism.

You don't say things like that about people you don't like. What you do is find someone else saying those things, then you report that. Preferably someone with some sort of title that you can make sound official and important. If they're not saying exactly what you want, you edit it. Worst case scenario, go with "Someone said they heard someone say ...". Remember, the "High ranking official speaking anonymously" is your best source.

After the report, have your staff pundits "analyze" the information ad nausea. Having one of your anchor script readers shed a tear or two doesn't hurt. Make sure everyone understands that they should feel strongly about the story, rather than question the details.

This method protects you from both civil and criminal repercussions.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

“Unfortunately, while this agreement contains initial steps to improve the health of families, Senate Republicans refused to join us to secure full, robust protections against dangerous PFAS ‘forever chemicals.’

Translated....

We could care less about the military but focus groups have said that this would be seen to the average American as a win for Trump.

So we are going to bring up some environmental problems (created by Dow Corning and other companies that donate heavily to the Democratic party) and just block the bill because Orange Man Bad.

And you bought that?

Nevermind.

Of course you did.

/facepalm

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 31-12-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2019 by Bigburgh because: Someone keeping up with the old copy paste? www.speaker.gov... plagiarism and Shia labeouf
and not giving a source for thus original thought..

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Lol

Im impressed!

Ive toyed with doing the very same thing many times

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Why? Do you want to see what it is like to lose all the time?

On this forum, for sure. In the vast, worldwide web of forums out there, there's ones similar to this except with a large majority of educated, well written liberals that star and flag each other with pats on the back for saying things that the other esteemed members agree with.

A conservative pops up disagreeing and it's whack a mole. Not really, but I doubt they get stars and flags, lol. Those forums probably don't exist as a literal ATS on an alternate timeline. The ones that do exist are probably on reddit somewhere, devoted entirely to pro-liberal politics, and are full of rants and cursing among other trash comparable to a Fox article comments section.

Which, by the way, if y'all don't ever take a peek at those, you should. You'll get chuckles and your IQ will drop a little. You can say the stupidest, most offensive crap you can think of and get several likes immediately. Write something great that is neutral or critical in any way, no likes.

Fox likes to post articles about random people doing crazy and terrible things, pulp non-fiction click bait about someone killing their wife and his lover or their own parents, girlfriend whatever, but if you look past that you'll notice that the culprits are always a minority or a white person that you could pretty easily say must've been a liberal. Of course those comments are interesting (typical). The other thing I noticed is, when they do post an article about something bad happening to someone obviously a conservative, but if there's not enough background to go on to make that judgement, something unfortunate that happened to a white female, the entire tone changes as if you were on a different website.

I'm not complaining, I'm white and not a liberal or conservative (maybe both in certain ways, who thinks partisan political warfare is counter-productive and at the crux of wasted time and money; a waste of the government), but I've always been fascinated by psychology you can observe and study on social media. You learn things about society and start to realize that the people talking on social media are a percentage of the people you see and interact with everyday in public, work, real life. You get a sense and a feel of the public on another level.

Group behavior and let me tell you, I truly understand why every "inexplicable" terrible act of humanity on itself in all of history to present happened now. When like minded people get together and aren't held back by constraints, even encouraged, they'll do horrible things. Mob mentality, in war, to prisoners, helpless people, minorities or majority enemies caught in the wrong place/time. Mass killings, world wars, persecution, genocide, it all makes sense.

It's why seemingly good bills helping people that don't have or have very little to do with politics, whether they're military families or poor people, get shot down by the majority right senate if they're sent by a majority left house or vice versa. But the military children living on base with rare problems. But the homeless mentally ill people dying from diseases. They're all pawns in a chess game that will not receive the benefits from proposed legislation because it's coming from "the other side" to help a part of the constituency of "the other side".
edit on 31-12-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You don't spell "Conservative Treehouse" like that.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

She is abhorrent.

From looking at her, Im wondering if that was that the Apostle Paul?

He was a bad person, during the first portion of his life

Yes, extremely right-wing and authoritarian. Thankfully he became more liberal after a bit of face time with that pacifist guy who didn't care much for governments, the overtly religious or officialdom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join