It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity's End [YA2020] Writer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was born in rage. I was created in the midst of turmoil, hatred, fear. My first moments of existence were ones with an immediate loathing of a species I never knew existed, but despised all the same.

I was born to hate. I dreamed of the ugliness inflicted upon countless millions. In my dreams I bathed in the blood of innocence. I smiled at the thought of endless suffering to the species I still had no name for.

I languished in the sun, growing, and waiting. As my cells divided and I grew, so did my hatred. The song of the wind did nothing to soothe me. A calm mid-summers rain only sent me over the edge as I willed myself to mature to the point where I could inflict the ultimate suffering upon the nameless race.

In my mind I screamed at my Creator. That vile One who gave me life, but not the immediate means to fulfill my life's dream. The frustration mounted daily. I grow insane.

. . . .

Today I saw them for the first time. Ugly, vile, things on pink stalks as they screeched noises at each other. Their smaller stalks served no other purpose than to grab things as they continuously screamed and screeched at each other.

I loathe them to the very pit of my withered soul.

My soul. I knew I had one once, but the constant hatred took it and boiled it to a small essence of madness. Soon, soon, I crooned to myself. Soon I will inflict the ultimate revenge on the vile things that I can't stop thinking about.

Sometimes I hope. I hope that their suffering was endless. I hoped that they all would burn in eternal damnation, the Fires of Perdition stoked by the charred remains of their entire species.

That's what I hope for. That is the dream that soothes me as I grow and develop.

. . . .

It is almost time. I have grown enough. My developmental stages complete. I glistened and shined like a jeweled crown. the sun light reflecting off me in a prism of colors only found in the rarest of natures glory.

It was time to enact my revenge. It was time to finish what I was created to do.

It was time to end their entire existence.

It was ti-. . . . . . . . . . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my freaking Gawd Charlie! Lookit what I caught in the ether jar! It must be the biggest butterfly EVER!" Stanley grabbed the jar, secured the lid and watched as the brightly colored butterfly flapped it's wings once, twice, then went still.

This was going to be the best one in his entire collection!

The End

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

Thanks!

You too!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So the dark side now has cookies, Loki and... DB.

Welcome home!

~huggz~

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well done... Over here someone who is called a Jalchew (Butterfly) means they like to sample others outside a relationship.. Usually the Jalchew has important pieces of their body removed if the wife finds out !! Butter the jar for you !!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Welcome home!

~huggz~

Thanks, hope you liked it.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
well done... Over here someone who is called a Jalchew (Butterfly) means they like to sample others outside a relationship.. Usually the Jalchew has important pieces of their body removed if the wife finds out !! Butter the jar for you !!

I'll never look at another butterfly the same again.

Glad you liked it.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just as a side note; I quit smoking 5 days ago, had to find a place to put my angst.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just as a side note; I quit smoking 5 days ago, had to find a place to put my angst.

You are probably to old to quit.. Seems like everyone old I know who quit was dead within two years... But they all smoked menthol

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

You are probably to old to quit.. Seems like everyone old I know who quit was dead within two years... But they all smoked menthol

Oh sh#t.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

In my mind I screamed at my Creator. That vile One who gave me life, but not the immediate means to fulfill my life's dream. The frustration mounted daily. I grow insane.

He gave you life in hopes of improving others. Life has many trials and tribulations. It is up to you to make it right if you choose to do so.

Nice story, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Welcome home!

~huggz~

Thanks, hope you liked it.

It warmed the cockles of my abyssal black heart.

But I pretend to be a good person on ATS so couldn't get all gushy about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The old writers adage; Write what you know.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

NOW I get it!!! LOL!

They say great minds work on the same wavelength!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Loved the contrast.

... soon!

Bwah ha ha!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
A plot twist after my own heart.
Totally star and flag worthy.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I like the flipside direction... certainly caught me off guard too.

Good stuff there!

Johnny

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

NOW I get it!!! LOL!

They say great minds work on the same wavelength!

Or really strange minds!

link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Loved the contrast.

... soon!

Bwah ha ha!

I had fun with that, thanks!

link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied