It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Chocolate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where to post this... seems this is an appropriate forum. It's anecdotal at best.

On the way home from our Christmas vacation, my wife did her usual shopping at the airport while I sat at the bar. Funny how airports have become like shopping malls, but that's a topic for another thread. Among other useful things, She came back to the bar with one of these:

Frankly, I was surprised that a store in an airport with so many people passing through would stock such an item. I can imagine the triggering that goes on as people pass by this. I thought it was a nice novelty so I went to the same store to buy more. Can't wait to offer them to my favorite liberal friends when they come over. In fact, if I had Sillyolme's address, I'd send her a batch.

By the way, the chocolate is good quality and really tastes good!

Happy New Year to all!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

They do the same for all Presidents.

The amount of triggering there would be funny though..

I bought and still have a few of these...

Did it just out of spite because the Feds didn't allow the beer to be sold over state lines and I was in Oklahoma at the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Reminds me of the Hilary Nut Cracker. You put a walnut between her legs and squeeze and Pow!

I have one of those somewhere. Could be a collector's item by now!

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Reminds me of the Hilary Nut Cracker. You put a walnut between her legs and squeeze and Pow!

LOL! Missed that one!

My Dad still has a 6-pack of Billy Beer.

For those not in the know, President Carter's half-wit brother Billy decided to do a commercial run of beer...

For the record, it tasted disgusting then.

God only knows what it tastes like now.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

LOL! Missed that one!

For those not in the know, President Carter's half-wit brother Billy decided to do a commercial run of beer...

I too, am a proud owner of a sixer of Billy beer, with its original receipt. Dad bought it in Missouri back in the 70s, I was 9 I think...

Presidential marketing works

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

LOL! Missed that one!

Oh, I forgot about that one! It really was crappy beer but I was just a teenager then so hardly a connoisseur! Maybe it got better with age. It's been nearly 45 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

LOL! Missed that one!

I too, am a proud owner of a sixer of Billy beer, with its original receipt. Dad bought it in Missouri back in the 70s, I was 9 I think...

Presidential marketing works

I peeked just for fun and a sixer is worth a few hundred bucks.

In your case with a receipt probably more.

I guess everyone had the same idea...

But at least it's appreciating!

Unlike my father's rather amazing collection of Princess Diana stamps and coins...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I can imagine the triggering that goes on as people pass by this.

As well you should as you were triggered enough to go back and and buy a bunch more at those exorbitant airport prices.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I can imagine the triggering that goes on as people pass by this.

As well you should as you were triggered enough to go back and and buy a bunch more at those exorbitant airport prices.

Quoted for irony...

You were triggered into posting someone was triggered for pointing out that someone like you would be triggered by something they bought and ate.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

By the way, the chocolate is good quality and really tastes good!

Hugely, the most Perfect Chocolate ever, some say.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Good for you kiddo. You got it. Triggering is the basis of all advertising. OP was triggered to buy and I was triggered to point it out and you were triggered to point that out and I am triggered to respond and what will you do now? Be triggered to reply again and again and again?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I don't think you really understand what the word means...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

I had a pony named Trigger.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Does any one member the Billy beer bought a six pack Carter was prez.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

I had a pony named Trigger.

You have something in common with Roy Rogers.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

I was using that word in regards the OP's suggestion that some people are snapped into unconscious behavior by an external stimulus. That is how the OP used the word I think. Likewise, this is the basis of advertising and merchandising getting people to act according to unconscious reaction to a stimulus, This holds for people who would be attracted to Chia Pets just because it comes in the form of an Obama bust or a Trump buts. Do you follow my understanding here.
Would you care to offer up your understanding? We could discuss it if you wish.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: TrustedTruth

I was using that word in regards the OP's suggestion that some people are snapped into unconscious behavior by an external stimulus. That is how the OP used the word I think. Likewise, this is the basis of advertising and merchandising getting people to act according to unconscious reaction to a stimulus, This holds for people who would be attracted to Chia Pets just because it comes in the form of an Obama bust or a Trump buts. Do you follow my understanding here.
Would you care to offer up your understanding? We could discuss it if you wish.

It was an impulse purchase, no doubt, but "unconscious behavior"? Not in the least. My intent for using the word trigger comes from what I read about people going crazy when they see someone wearing a MAGA hat. That's unconscious behavior!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I travel every week and see stuff like this at nearly all airports. They've been doing it for each President for some time now.

You can also get America-themed apparel and novelty items as well, this is nothing new or unusual.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Trump hits a new level of triggering, but i think all political clothes are meant to trigger people. Why wear them if you're not trying to declare out to everyone in public to what your political stance is.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Impulse purchasing, yep. The amount of money that is spent in merchandising, making the labels just so and product placement in attempts to attract purchasers into buying. None of that is designed for conscious response, rather designed for unconscious reaction. Designed to create in a person,,,,,an ''impulse''..

And while I agree that people getting crazy at the sight of a maga hat is being triggered or to put it another way ''impulsive'', so to is being suckered into buying over priced schlock in an airport.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join