It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall from Grace [YA2020] ...non writer entry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am so fortunate to have made the transition to this realm. As a human, my thoughts were driven by the notion that time is a limited commodity and I was under pressure to make sure that the time I spent in my existence was productive and led to what was collectively considered fruitful and productive. I now realize how wrong human thought can be. Who would have been able to predict that humanity is nothing more than a steppingstone? A flicker of experience not unlike an earthly dragonfly landing on a flower only to experience the essence of the nectar for a fleeting instant.

I appreciate my earthly existence but now, intertwined with all that is truth, I can experience cognizant forms in all of the cosmos. I can feel them. I can visualize their existence and it is both satisfying and exhilarating as it fuels the soul from which I evolved. If only singular beings could grasp the reality that awaits them. To revel in the lavish wonders that surrounds them and to anticipate the wonders of true providence.

The euphoria that overcomes me is wondrous. But it is tempered by the unmistakable absence of motivity. The awareness of the collective is extraordinary, but the march of the individual is evidently absent. I know that Individualism is a thing of the past so why do I relish it? What is it that makes my soul pursue independent thought? After all, I thrive in knowing all without the bounds of time and space. The musings of a single conciseness are primitive at best, yet I am drawn to make a stand to be an individual.

As a collective, my introspective is not a secret and can be experienced by all. I have now been identified as the equivalent to a pathogen. You might think this works in my favor to allow me to once again act as an individual but in reality, my soul has been identified as an infection and I foresee the real threat to relive a primitive existence as a human or, worse, a Pflutifon – a primate on an evolving world who’s only redeeming quality is binocular vision!

I await the decision of the agglomeration but regardless of the outcome, I have the benefit of everything I’ve experienced. Perhaps I can instigate the next significant step-change for a primitive society.

Peace.

edit on Mon Dec 30 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Well done!

Although your idea of a collective intelligence might have more merit than you think...

~scraps story with the exact same theme and starts over~

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Well done!

Although your idea of a collective intelligence might have more merit than you think...

~scraps story with the exact same theme and starts over~

Thank you Lumenari! You're a star among the contributors on this site and I respect your opinion. Nice to know we think alike. It would be great to have a drink with you - first round would be on me 🥃

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Flattery works with me!

All kidding aside, I took the topic at face value and was trying to decide how "I" could be another life form.

I interpret "I" as ME... a big part of that is the sum of all my experiences as a carbon-based life form on planet earth.

My dreams, my life, my personality.

So how can one juxtapose "me" onto something else?

I discarded the obvious ideas of body-swapping, mind-melding or supernatural identity theft and decided that the obvious way to be me and another life form was to be a smaller part of a larger life form... a fraction of the whole.

Since that pairs up rather nicely with my spiritual ideology I was working on it.

Then read your rather excellent summation of what I had in mind.

So thank you for sharing your writing with me and I thought it was a great idea!

Now I need to drink heavily and find another idea though...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm on my third scotch. Drinking provides great artistic inspiration.

Enjoy.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm on my third scotch. Drinking provides great artistic inspiration.

Enjoy.

I'm not sure it does...

I ended up with a pixie and butterflies and a hangover.

But I wasn't embarrassed to read it the next morning!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Nice Job! I Liked it a lot!! S&F!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPakSyx

Nice Job! I Liked it a lot!! S&F!!!

Many thanks SyxPakSyx!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link