It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice the 'positives' for Donald Trump in polling and media recently

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here comes the DNC Jedi mind trick for 2020. Switch the poll numbers...and some positive stories. I know, it is still 97.6% negative for the POTUS but hear me out.

Now, I am not a strong believer in 'public opinion' polls. Usually they are very partisan or one sided and the ones you will see publicly will usually be swayed based on the group that is polled or who is conducting it. It has always been that way. Something very odd has been happening since the impeachment...because it did not work.

In 2016 Hillary was leading the ENTIRE time. Every poll even on Fox. It seemed there was no way for Trump to win. Every once in awhile something would go his way but up till the day of the election if you watched the news HRC was going to win. The main reason I felt this was done is so that those who wanted to vote Trump would stay home thinking well my vote will not count. It was as risk and a gamble just like Michigan was for HRC and they lost.

This is from November.

Link

If you feel whipsawed from the last round of polling and election results, well, you are not alone. The week started with the release of an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that showed President Donald Trump losing to both former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Elizabeth Warren by 8-9 points.

Even saying that the no names have it in them to win....

Link

This has led some to call for more aggressive winnowing of the Democratic field. Take this Slate article, which urges multiple candidates to drop out since they have almost no chance of becoming the nominee, including reasonably strong candidates such as Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker. The Democratic Party itself seemingly agrees, having substantially raised the polling and fundraising requirements to qualify for the December debate.

Enter the last two weeks since the Impeachment. I have seen multiple pools showing he is ahead. Oh sure there are plenty where he is losing but you are seeing more and more that he is winning. Seeing Trump in any poll right now +7 to Sanders or Warren seems insane when the same pool choices show the opposite with Biden ahead by 9. But things are slowly changing. There was a poll on 12/15 that on FOX showing Trump losing to everyone.

There was a poll released just today where Trump 'tied' Barack Obama as the most admired man according to Gallup. Now Obama won this the last 11 years...in a row. Hillary won it 22 of the last 25 years or something crazy like that so...why has this suddenly happened?

My thought is that they are starting to do the opposite of what they did in 2016. They thought they could make people think there vote didn't count by showing them losing so bad it would not matter. Instead, they will now show that there is no need to vote since Trump is getting more 'popular' and the votes are already there.

You even have the devil, I mean, Michael Moore stating Trump will win. Wait...what???? On his own website no less...

Link

Well, folks, this isn’t an accident. It is happening. And if you believe Hillary Clinton is going to beat Trump with facts and smarts and logic, then you obviously missed the past year of 56 primaries and caucuses where 16 Republican candidates tried that and every kitchen sink they could throw at Trump and nothing could stop his juggernaut. As of today, as things stand now, I believe this is going to happen – and in order to deal with it, I need you first to acknowledge it, and then maybe, just maybe, we can find a way out of the mess we’re in.

Fake Investigation
Fake Impeachment
Fake News
Fake Congress
and he has beat them all...

It should be interesting how polls and opinion is shown in the upcoming year as after 3 years I think they see that going low does not work. Impeachment is not even the lead story anymore on the news. When I read Parscale's book about the Trump campaign and they looked at their internal polling and they knew 2 weeks out they had it. I always thought that is why HRC cancelled her fireworks....they had good internal polling too.

Link

The Coast Guard said the campaign offered no explanation for calling off the show.

According to the Coast Guard, a celebratory fireworks display was planned over the Hudson River, where they would be visible at the Jacob Jarvits Center — the site of the Democratic presidential nominee's election night party.

The show was expected to last two minutes after the final election results were called.

The impeachment put the nail in the coffin for 2020. There is NOTHING else to throw at him. Not one thing else....

PS - I really think the only reason he is not dead is those who want him gone could not control Pence like they did Bush and Johnson. They both walked the line...

edit on Decpm31pmf0000002019-12-30T17:49:38-06:000538 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A couple of months ago Dana Perino said on ‘The Five’ on Fox that it is normal that the polls for the incumbent are ‘underwater’ and seemingly off. Especially during the primarys of the other party, with all the attention going to the other candidates and that there has been no real scrutiny on those opposing candidates.
In general the incumbent rises when the election comes closer.

I generally trust Dana Perino, I think she usualy takes a reasoned and balanced position based on facts.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Have you ever wondered why, what they throw at him does not stick.
If he is anointed of God and I'm not saying he is, but if so then, "cursed are those who curse him and blessed are those who bless him".

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yes I have , and the Reasons for that are Many , but the Main one is his Policies Promised when he was Still a Candidate for President . He is an Achiever , that's Why he was Elected.....

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Pay no attention to the so-called positives. It's all Russian collusion.

Hillary is a shoe-in to win!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Let me try to explain this to you.

Orange man bad.

They will manipulate the polls and the news any way they can to influence the election in November.

They will collude with foreign powers, again.
They will use the courts and departments to attack and influence the election.

Again.

They will lie, cheat, and probably kill in order to beat Trump.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Let me try to explain this to you.

Orange man good.

He has manipulated the left and the news they fake will influence the election in November.

He will collude with Americans, again.
They will use their pickups and trailers to get people out to vote and influence the election.

PS - I really hope it does not get as bad as a lot of us are thinking. At this point it could be blamed on the Russians if Pelosi pulled the trigger herself.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Again.

RIP Seth Rich.

edit on 30-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Stalin once said, “Its not the ones who votes that count, it’s the one who counts the votes.”

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The liberal media is running out of polls that support their agenda of hate.

The best they could come up with today is that 50% of the population want President Trump impeached and removed, and that his approval rating is lower than Bill Clinton's was at impeachment time.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Americans care about money. We live to work, not work to live like Europeans. We want the damn money. No other issue matters. 51% of Americans have money in the markets. The markets are doing good.

It's not any harder than that.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Again.

RIP Seth Rich.

Did you know Seth was a Russian?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh

Have you ever wondered why, what they throw at him does not stick.
If he is anointed of God and I'm not saying he is, but if so then, "cursed are those who curse him and blessed are those who bless him".

This is where Republicans lose people. When you guys try to tie religion into politics, it's absurd.

I support Trump, and am vehemently anti-leftist. But you guys have to stop with the chosen one BS.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You cant win over everyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Here comes the DNC Jedi mind trick for 2020. Switch the poll numbers...and some positive stories. I know, it is still 97.6% negative for the POTUS but hear me out.

Now, I am not a strong believer in 'public opinion' polls. Usually they are very partisan or one sided and the ones you will see publicly will usually be swayed based on the group that is polled or who is conducting it. It has always been that way. Something very odd has been happening since the impeachment...because it did not work.

In 2016 Hillary was leading the ENTIRE time. Every poll even on Fox. It seemed there was no way for Trump to win. Every once in awhile something would go his way but up till the day of the election if you watched the news HRC was going to win. The main reason I felt this was done is so that those who wanted to vote Trump would stay home thinking well my vote will not count. It was as risk and a gamble just like Michigan was for HRC and they lost.

This is from November.

Link

If you feel whipsawed from the last round of polling and election results, well, you are not alone. The week started with the release of an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that showed President Donald Trump losing to both former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Elizabeth Warren by 8-9 points.

Even saying that the no names have it in them to win....

Link

This has led some to call for more aggressive winnowing of the Democratic field. Take this Slate article, which urges multiple candidates to drop out since they have almost no chance of becoming the nominee, including reasonably strong candidates such as Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar and Cory Booker. The Democratic Party itself seemingly agrees, having substantially raised the polling and fundraising requirements to qualify for the December debate.

Enter the last two weeks since the Impeachment. I have seen multiple pools showing he is ahead. Oh sure there are plenty where he is losing but you are seeing more and more that he is winning. Seeing Trump in any poll right now +7 to Sanders or Warren seems insane when the same pool choices show the opposite with Biden ahead by 9. But things are slowly changing. There was a poll on 12/15 that on FOX showing Trump losing to everyone.

There was a poll released just today where Trump 'tied' Barack Obama as the most admired man according to Gallup. Now Obama won this the last 11 years...in a row. Hillary won it 22 of the last 25 years or something crazy like that so...why has this suddenly happened?

My thought is that they are starting to do the opposite of what they did in 2016. They thought they could make people think there vote didn't count by showing them losing so bad it would not matter. Instead, they will now show that there is no need to vote since Trump is getting more 'popular' and the votes are already there.

You even have the devil, I mean, Michael Moore stating Trump will win. Wait...what???? On his own website no less...

Link

Well, folks, this isn’t an accident. It is happening. And if you believe Hillary Clinton is going to beat Trump with facts and smarts and logic, then you obviously missed the past year of 56 primaries and caucuses where 16 Republican candidates tried that and every kitchen sink they could throw at Trump and nothing could stop his juggernaut. As of today, as things stand now, I believe this is going to happen – and in order to deal with it, I need you first to acknowledge it, and then maybe, just maybe, we can find a way out of the mess we’re in.

Fake Investigation
Fake Impeachment
Fake News
Fake Congress
and he has beat them all...

It should be interesting how polls and opinion is shown in the upcoming year as after 3 years I think they see that going low does not work. Impeachment is not even the lead story anymore on the news. When I read Parscale's book about the Trump campaign and they looked at their internal polling and they knew 2 weeks out they had it. I always thought that is why HRC cancelled her fireworks....they had good internal polling too.

Link

The Coast Guard said the campaign offered no explanation for calling off the show.

According to the Coast Guard, a celebratory fireworks display was planned over the Hudson River, where they would be visible at the Jacob Jarvits Center — the site of the Democratic presidential nominee's election night party.

The show was expected to last two minutes after the final election results were called.

The impeachment put the nail in the coffin for 2020. There is NOTHING else to throw at him. Not one thing else....

PS - I really think the only reason he is not dead is those who want him gone could not control Pence like they did Bush and Johnson. They both walked the line...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately I think you are missing the more effective stategy for this observation. If they skew the polls toward Trump this election, the goal will be to mobilize their base to GET OUT AND VOTE FOR ANYONE BUT TRUMP. They can then push the narrative that our democracy (even though we are a representative republic, duh), and the world is in dire jeopardy if he gets reelected, etc...

They need to get as many liberals out to vote as possible this time. The last election which had Hillary winning by over 90% confidence mobilized the anti-Hillary vote and suppressed the pro-Hillary vote for the reasons you mentioned above.

So, this time they seem to be pulling a 180 on the polling skew. In hopes it has the effect on the Democratic candidate that it had in 2016 for Trump.

Sad really that they need to try manipulating the voters in this manner. But, when you have no real economic platform other than "free stuff" (I call it the Oprah Creed), then they need to do this to have any chance in 2020.

edit on 12/30/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Polls are like statistics. You can make them appear any way you want. Who in their right mind would take an opinion poll as input to deciding who to vote for? Turn off the TV. Vote your conscience.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The media loves the rating's but hates the actor.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Am I the only one who wouldn't be surprised with how all of this has been overly sensational and outdone that on Trump's second inauguration speech he trips and falls on a ceremonial dagger and takes a mortal wound to the head only to be revived and begins the Tribulation?

Whew my mind is not used to being that nutty. I need a beer.

/s

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The answer is obvious. Prior to the year 2000 the polls matched the election results exactly. After 2000, whichever party counts the votes in the state legislation wins the election!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join