It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British woman 19, court says she lied about gang rape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: Boadicea

The facts didnt change they were always available. Im in the uk where it has been reported on extensively.

Let me be more specific then... when the known facts change, opinions change.

Initial reports were very dismissive of (and short on) details of the defense and specific misconduct by authorities. I found out there was more to it on a discussion on a feminist forum, and looked for more info, which I posted here. Another poster found and posted even more updated information.

I find the slipshod reporting by a major news outlet what's relevant here. And it's far more practical and productive to point out their poor reporting, leading to poor opinions and judgments, which has become quite the problem for society as a whole. Some folks call it "fake news."

If you just want to nitpick though, okay. You can do that.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
"originally posted by: tanstaafl
I imagine, in addition to financial restitution for actual damages (attorneys fees, loss of job, etc), one big part would have to be a very public apology, along with a criminal record whereby any testimony from said person would be automatically suspect."

I'd rather see a very public retraction and confession... I'm afraid I'd consider the apology more about being sorry for being caught than for the false accusation! But I do like a public record of their false charges for future reference by others.

Well, that is actually what I meant - it would have to be made crystal clear that they had fabricated the charges, as well as why they did it (motivation).

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Indeed. One of the Israelis father is a Mayor and flew to Cyprus to meet the prosecution whilst the girl was incarcerated.

Shady as hell, more reporting out now after her conviction suggesting her expert witness was prevented from giving evidence etc etc.

Stinks .

This board is full of Has. Ba. Ra

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
a reply to: network dude

Still not sure about this case. She was without a solicitor at the time her "confession" was given and she says she was forced to write it under duress by the local police.

Exactly, case should be re-opened.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Cyprus rape case: Hints that acquitted Israeli boys have friends in high places

The sight of 12 Israeli teenagers popping champagne and chanting “the Brit is a whore” at Ben Gurion airport on their return home after being acquitted of the rape of a young British woman may have shocked some in Britain. As far as most Israelis were concerned, however, the boys’ homecoming signalled the end of the saga.

Some activists have charged that the Cypriot justice system had gone after the woman instead of her alleged Israeli assailants in order to protect Cyprus’s ties with Jerusalem.

“We are here to defend a 19-year-old girl who has been horribly punished because of political interests,” said British worker Andri Gioakatzi, who was one of several people to protest outside the courtroom .“She has had to pay the price of Cyprus’s desire to have good relations with Israel. That is why she has been through this and they let all the Israeli boys go.”

Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades will meet later this week with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis in Athens to sign a tripartite agreement fro an eastern Mediterranean gas pipeline to Europe that is expected to transform the formerly energy poor region.

What price justice? The poor girl has been sacrificed on the altar of politics.

I hope those Israeli parents are proud of their offspring.....buying off their

innocence will not serve their characters well, they will still be rapists under their

putrid skin.

edit on 2-1-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join