It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Arthur Is The Distraction The Comet Is The Story

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sn-rich particles, Ni-rich particles, and cosmic spherules are found together at four discrete stratigraphic levels within the 362-360 m depth interval of the Greenland Ice Sheet Project 2 (GISP2) ice core (72.6°N, 38.5°W, elevation: 3203 m). Using a previously derived calendar-year time scale, these particles span a time of increased dust loading of Earth's atmosphere between A.D. 533 and 540. The Sn-rich and Ni-rich particles contain an average of 10–11 wt% C. Their high C contents coupled with local enrichments in the volatile elements I, Zn, Cu, and Xe suggest a cometary source for the dust.
pubs.er.usgs.gov...

Some say volcanic eruptions, others say a comet caused the global climatic downturn during the time of King Arthur the Second. Others say it could have been both. The dates differ for reasons beyond my knowledge. Whatever, it gives cause for concern.

Scientists had long suspected that the cause of all this misery might be a volcanic eruption, probably from Ilopango in El Salvador, which filled Earth's atmosphere with ash. But now researchers say there were two eruptions—one in 535 or 536 in the northern hemisphere and another in 539 or 540 in the tropics—that kept temperatures in the north cool until 550.
www.smithsonianmag.com...

A global climatic downturn has previously been observed in tree-ring data associated with the years AD 536ȓ545. We review the evidence for the explanation of this event which involves a comet fragment impacting the Earth and exploding in the upper atmosphere. The explosion would create a plume, such as was seen during the impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 with Jupiter. The resulting debris deposited by the plume on to the top of the atmosphere would increase the opacity and lower the temperature. We calculate the size of the comet required, and find that a relatively small fragment of only about half a kilometre in diameter could be consistent with the data. We conclude that plume formation is a by-product of small comet impacts that must be added to the list of significant global hazards posed by near-Earth objects.

academic.oup.com...

Some of the King Arthur stories are references to the effect on Britain.

In 562AD, a little-known, virtually unrecorded, catastrophic natural disaster occurred, which almost completely destroyed the islands of Britain and Ireland, causing a terrible conflagration, destroying towns, villages and forests throughout and resulting in major widespread flooding as a result of a massive Tsunami being generated by the colossal amounts of rock or ice falling from the sky. There must also have been a horrendous death toll amongst the inhabitants, although the true extent of this will probably never be known for sure. This disaster is now known to have been caused by a comet, which either struck directly or passed close enough to earth that the impact damage was a direct result of the debris contained within the ‘tail’ of the comet coming into contact with the land.

The reason that this episode has never been included in mainstream history books or acknowledged by historians is that up until the early nineteenth century, it was strictly forbidden by the Christian religion, indeed heretical even, to acknowledge that it was possible for stones and rocks to fall from the sky. This is why the entire event has been airbrushed from history and has remained virtually unacknowledged by historians.
falsificationofhistory.co.uk...

I conclude the extensive propagation of the King Arthur legends is to distract from the big story, the comet.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Perhaps a reason for the vitrified hill forts and the subsequent invasions from the Angles and Saxons.

Also the 'Dolorous stroke' and 'waste land theme' are supportive of this scenario.

edit on 30-12-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
King arthurs sword, Excalibur, was said to have been forged from the iron found in meteorites. I wonder if the meteorites the sword was forged from was part of this 'comet' event.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The first I read of the comet theory was in the book "The Holy Kingdom; The Quest for the Real King Arthur."

Goodreads -- The Holy Kingdom; The Quest for the Real King Arthur

It's been a long time since I've read it, but I believe it was called "the yellow pestilence" because it left a yellowish residue across England, killing crops and poisoning air, soil and water (and all that comes from the air, soil and water). Consequently, those who were not killed in the event fled to Wales.

Interestingly enough, in ancient times, comets were thought to foretell the rise or fall of a great leader. (Note: "Great" does not necessarily mean "good." In this context, it refers to "strong" or "powerful.")

"The Holy Kingdom" also makes the case that Arthur is descended from the maternal side of the Holy Family of Mary and her uncle, Joseph of Arimathea, both reportedly of British descent. According to the legend, Jesus spent many of his "lost years" in England, attending the Druid University. (Also attended by Pontius Pilate). It is also said that Mary returned to England after the ascension, spending the rest of her years at Beckery, near Glastonbury.

The "distraction" could be that Arthur was descended from the (maternal) British branch of the Holy Family... and that the Holy Family was in England at all. At some point, the Roman church had a vested interest in erasing the divine lineage and authority of the British Christian church...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We went over that during one of our archeological conferences, Arthur the 2nd, grandson of Arthur the first I think, moved to England around 600 AD. Around that time, according to information in the written records of England and Norway, A comet hit somewhere around England and devastated everything. The Anglo Saxons were planning to take over England, but after the comet, many survivors from England moved in with their friends in Norway, some of the off shore settlements moved back to England...then to Norway when they heard there was a big event in England. I guess that is what happened to the English who once lived in West Virginia and Maine where the government found Indians that spoke a broken old english language, they had told the government the people had to go back home to help.

Not all of this was at the conferance, some I got from looking up old documents written in England and the colonies. The new English were anglosaxon so they did not know about the town of camolot possibly being in America.

I spent about a year studying a lot of this stuff when I was made aware that we have been shielded by our own government from knowing about the history of American pre-Columbus settlements. Think about this, how did England Claim America away from the Spanish in the international courts. The answer, their allies, the Norse, had been here, remember I also mentioned that the comet struck old English actually moved to Norway.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

As for King Arthur the character is actually most probably an invention of a medieval author mixed with a potential real figure that some have claimed may have been a Romano Britain but the story of the sword in the stone well that is based on a borrowed and very real story from Italy.

Ever heard of St Galgano, this is the REAL story about the sword in the stone and a formerly wild and violent man who God chose to become a hermit monk (much like many similar orthodox monk's and saint's.

www.theguardian.com...

But that comet theory is very possibly true, just think if it had hit directly.

That is a subject very worthy of more research.

So a real sword, stuck into a real stone, on a hill - but not in England and instead in Italy.

edit on 30-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Prof. Lowenstein, of the YVO, has found worldwide ash from Krakatoa's titanic
530 A.D. eruption. An earlier 450 A.D. blast is mentioned in S.E. Asian chronicles, but no worldwide ash deposits have been found so far. But it was the 450 A.D. blast that wiped out the Romans' agriculture in Italy. Reeling under their "Capita Tax", the Romans invited the Goths into Rome to free them from their unresponsive Governors. Odoacer accepted their promise and became King of Rome, in 474 A.D. and reigned until his death.

Byzantium chased the Goths westwards to the coasts of Spain and Southern Gall, before the horrible 530 A.D. ashfalls.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Where can I get information about the English speakers in west Virginia? That is really interesting.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somekindofwizard
a reply to: rickymouse

Where can I get information about the English speakers in west Virginia? That is really interesting.

AT the aaps conference I got information on it one year, they had official documents on the screen and the guy was explaining it. It was generations removed of changes of the Old English, maybe a couple of hundred years or so beforehand the English had been there speaking old English, not the english that they were presently using. Some settlers were there way ahead of the first official English settlers in America.

new topics

top topics

join