It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completely different - Baralku by Emancipator.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And now for something completely different.

In Yolngu culture, Baralku is the island of the dead and the place where the Djanggawul originated. The Djanggawul are three siblings, two female and one male, who supposedly created the landscape of Australia and covered it with flora. They were led by the Barnumbirr creator-spirit, who is identified as Venus. Barnumbirr is also said to live on Baralku and rises into the sky as Venus.

When a Yolngu person dies, they believe they are taken by a mystical canoe, Larrpan, to the spirit-island Baralku in the sky, where their camp-fires can be seen burning along the edge of the great river of the Milky Way. The canoe is sent back to Earth as a shooting star, letting their family on Earth know that they have arrived safely in the spirit-land.

It is also said that the humans who were born of the two sisters were the originators of all Aboriginal Australian kinship - the systems of law governing social interaction, particularly marriage. It is an integral part of the culture of every Aboriginal group across Australia.

In this stylised version of the story, their brother dies, and then send him home to Baralku in Larrpan.

But this music just puts me into a meditative calm state.. Emancipator is something else.. Probably not many peoples style of music, but to me, it is soothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Reeasuring, that it was all worth it....Beautiful

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Reeasuring, that it was all worth it....Beautiful

Thank you..
His other music is just as surreal, perhaps a bit more loosely so.. With good headphones though, I can listen to it all..

This one just catches my attention based on the fact it is based on an Aboriginal mythological tale. rare to find such a thing.

Here is a playlist to the one favourite album of his I really like. I don't know if I can embed playlists.. but this with headphones, is hypnotic.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-12-2019 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Another Artist, again, completely different, is Ludovico Einaudi... he sold me with this tune, which I heard first on a visual trip through the ages of the birth of the galaxy to the enivatble end, and how in billions of years how things will change..

He's a pianist.. and according to most not a great one, but he knows how to make wonderful music.

However, it was this one that really caught me...

Now enough of my warbling on about musical things that differ from my usual tastes.

Hope some of it was enjoyable to some.

new topics

top topics

join