It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for JANUARY 2020 - YOU. AS ANOTHER LIFE FORM. -- YA2020

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Here's my small contribution:

A Short Swim YA2020

Non-writer entry.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Just a fun little addition!

Metamorphosis [YA2020] Non-writer entry

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I'll just throw this out there in the spirit of fun...

The Sacrifice

Great entries so far!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
My submission.
Writer status.
BRUIN YA2020

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

My entry www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the contest

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Thank You for starting off this Contest with My Desired Theme! Yee Haw! LOL!! I have had some SFL with My Accounts here at ATS. I have forgotten My Pass for SyxPak, but used SyxPak2, I think, to contact You last month. I wrote down that pass but it does not work. I've been hijacked I guess... Anyway I've written to the Contact Addy I was given to get My original account re-opened and hope to be back in My old acct soon. In the mean time I am going to start working on My tale for this Contest. I may or may not enter it, I haven't decided yet, as I might just write one for kicks.

Oh and Is It just Me, or do Any of You also see Our Register Date's as 12 18 2019? I see that on EVERYONE'S Avatars!? Also I cannot click Flags or Stars, and have them 'take' as a New Star or Flag?!
Syx.

edit on 12 18 2019 by SyxPakSyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

YAY!
Thanks DTOM for the new contest and Syx for a great theme.

Here's my own wee take on it:

VIRUS 73

(writer status entry)

Good Luck everyone.
G

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Don't overthink it Bro. Just let it flow from Your finger tips!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I haven't read Yer Story yet but saw Yer comment about having Fun writing it, and wanted to say that, Fun, is what This is all About!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Your most welcome.
I hope you didn't mind I "stole" your contest OP idea

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's My entry. Writer Status.

The Blade [YA2020]

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
How do I link the story.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zrexx
How do I link the story.

Hi zrexx,

I think there are a couple of ways, but here's how I usually do it...

Write your story and post it in a "new topic" thread in the Short Stories Forum HERE (You may need to make more posts before starting a NewTopic thread... maybe DTOM or a mod could clarify?? I think it used to be 20 posts before making a new thread??)

Open your story post and right click on the "link" pin (3rd icon from the right at the top of your story post) then choose "Copy Link Location" from the pop up menu. (As implied... that copies the story post link location! You'll need that later.)

Come back to this thread and start a new reply post.
In your reply, mention that this is your story contest entry and whether you already have ATS writer status or not, and then click on the "Insert a link to a page or site" icon (the one which looks like an arrow coming diagonally up out of a square, near the middle of the row of in-reply icons at the top of your reply window).
It will then ask what name you want to give your link - insert the name of your story, "My Entry" or whatever you choose then click on "OK".
It will then ask for the URL to your story post link, that's when you right-click and paste your link into the window and click OK again (to insert your previously copied story post link).

Hit the "Reply" button to post your reply, and that should be it done!
(It sounds complicated, but is quite easy once you get the hang of it! Maybe leave this window open whilst working on your reply in a separate window? That way you can jump back and check each step as you do it!)

Cheers
G
edit on 9-1-2020 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add info

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Your most welcome.
I hope you didn't mind I "stole" your contest OP idea

Whaaat? You mean I'm not getting paid for it??

Actually - I think that it makes perfect sense to have some form of continuity from the previous formats, but you'll probably find that it evolves over time as members suggest improvements, amendments or point out flaws that you/we've missed!! I'm just glad (and relieved!) to see that the contests are still going - so a huge THANK YOU for that!

Gx

***PS - It's "You're most welcome"!!!! ROFL!!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
I did post the story in the short story forum but I don't know if I did it correctly. I just opened up the new thread for short stories and copied the story into the space for text. I had to open two threads to get the whole story in. What is strange though is when you view short stories before you log in it shows up at the beginning of the forum thread. But, after you log in, the post shows up half way down the page and is nestled in much older posts from the previous year. It seems to be out of place. I don't want to try and repost it and end up with two posts of the same story. I am not sure why this happened. I am not so concerned about winning the contest but I am very interested to read members comments on the story to see if its any good. There is a hidden message in the story, and I don't know if I wrote it well enough for people to pick up on it. If possible can the story be moved up just so it falls in the same group with the current stories?
Thanks for your help, I am an old guy and struggle with computer navigation at times.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Can you enter more than one story? zrexx

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This is my entry. What’s So Unpleasant About Being Drunk? [YA2020] ...non-writer entry

Based on an idea from a line in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is my entry for non-writer entry.
Pebble in a Pond [YA2020] Non-writer entry

Thank you, Gordi The Drummer, for instructions on how to make the short story thread, post here, etc.

edit on 2020 1 9 by oldme because: Wanted to thank Gordi The Drummer for the instructions of posting.

edit on 2020 1 9 by oldme because: Hoped to fix link better

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Energy beings

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Adimin. question,

Can you merge my story that is in two post to one to make it easier to read and comprehend the story.
The Apocalypse YA2020

Thank You,
ZREXX

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join