It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of Sound

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I had a nightmare couple of nights ago and I woke up, wasn't afraid more annoyed that I didn't kick ass in my dream but here's the funny bit, there was birds whistling outside and that never happens at night time and I wondered if those pesky birds whistling vibrations were the ones 5hat made me have the bad dream, anyway went back to sleep continued the dream and It was a bit better.

It coukd juat be birds at night, certain species sing at night such as (UK) nghtingale,s and nightjars. We have a robin often sings late at night, like, 2am etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

Yeah it could be but I have been waking up every night for over two weeks by my dreams but after the bad dream I heard the birds whistling whereas every other time there were no birds.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Still doesn't refute that sound (i.e. Vibration) does move in space.

Just because it is a vacuum, doesn't mean that there aren't atoms, molecules, particles in that empty space. There is dust in that vacuum. There are molecules in that vacuum. Clouds of elements, planets, stars..... The vacuum of space is NOT empty.

This doesn't mean that vibrations do not exist in space.

But... Don't take it from me. I don't have a PHD. Though, this guy does....

Eric Gentry
PhD student in Astrophysics, studying shock waves in space
Answered Apr 11, 2016

Space isn't a vacuum, as far as sound waves are concerned! Sound waves can travel through space the same way they do in earth's atmosphere: pressure waves.

When we look around, we see plenty of sound waves in low density, interstellar gas [1]. There are some limitations when working with low densities and pressures (you have to look at length scales larger than an AU and time scales longer than a million years [2], so you can't bring your boombox into space), but there's a huge difference between almost a vacuum and truly a vacuum.

Source
edit on 30-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join