It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of Sound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yesterday, I was walking through my empty office at work and the swing door I had opened just moments before I walked through, gave this long groaning creak as it slowly closed. It was almost good enough for a horror movie. Somewhere in the middle of that creak, I hear what seemed to be a young woman's voice speak out a few words. Words that I didn't understand. It was as though the voice was coming from the doorway. I know no one was in my office.

I'm almost fully certain that it was simply my imagination, at least that's the story I'm going with. At that moment, I began to weave this imaginative story in my mind of what it could have been. Perhaps this was the voice of 'Karla' (using an alternate name here), a young lady I was somewhat familiar with whom had died a couple of years before of ovarian cancer. She was a very nice, talkative and super friendly person who everyone knew well... always the bright spirit.

Then I got to thinking. (Oh No! Hold on!)

The first thing that came to mind was this....

- People claim to be able to record "evp" voices (I think this is a sham) from silence, answering questions of strangers, proving they exist from some fantastic ethereal dimension. The 'other side', if you will.

Immediately after, I thought about this old fella who used to sit in front of a radio and turn the dials in random directions to get these wobbly, unrecognizable voices of long-lost, dead relatives for those that are willing to give up a shiney bit or more. Perhaps he was twisting the knob back and forth to get a range of sound in order to produce these voices from the static of the radio (as a catalyst) in which the dead could speak through.

More thoughts came from there, such as Tesla's words of how vibration (sound) could give up the secrets to the universe, among other things.

This made me think a little deeper, down the rabbit hole I go.... What if...

What if the secret to all of this is more simple and other persons who are supposedly speaking to the 'other side' are merely over complicating the whole process? What if the simple of it is sound being born of sound? What if sound is a type of catalyst? First, a person on this plane - dimension would need to start the process by creating sound/vibration so that the entity on the other side can manipulate that vibration to encode or attach their own message? Perhaps that 'catalyst is very finicky and needs to be exact based on the needs of the sender, perhaps on their own 'wavelength' related dimension. Other ideas welcome!

Cool thought, huh?

When I got home last night, I watched one of those cool "History" channel documentations about aliens, prophecy and bla bla bla... You know the ones. In the episode, they spoke about the mystery of how the Oracle of Delphi got her 'sight' and was able to do this while staying on top of everything else. They mentioned she was an important figure, not just for prophecy but for decision making so her life was fairly busy. They said that the mystery of her prophecies came from perhaps the gases under the temple, magic shrooms, or even divination. One image depicted the use of a scrying bowl - a brass or wooden bowl of water that gave the visions.

Interesting Facts:

- Nostradamus mentioned his use of a sort of divination bowl as his very own technique in which he conjured these mysterious prophecies of old and new.

- Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for ages for spiritualistic purposes such as healing and meditation. The outcome are ranges of vibratory frequencies that supposedly restore the body's own frequency to normal.

- There are folx who delve into this concept a bit further, even claiming that it's possible to cure cancer with such tools and that vibration is responsible for catastrophes as well as a potential tool for healing.

- Tesla supposedly nearly brought down his building by creating a synthetic earthquake by using vibration/sound. See Tesla's Oscillator

- There is even the story of Dr Morris Fishbein who claimed long ago that cancer could be cured by sounds waves. However, the medical industry didn't like that so much. So the guy is just another Trump supporting idiot. I jest... sorta

So getting back to the master Nostradamus and the Oracle of Delphi... So they used 'singing' or 'scrying' bowls... In both cases, a 'wand' of sorts is used. Did Nostradamus perhaps use this wand in a way that one today would consider it just another singing bowl? Is the secret perhaps the vibration that causes the water to shake at a certain frequency that somehow mirrors the future (or perhaps even the past)?

This whole vibration and frequency concept has me curious to know more. It's at very least a very interesting topic to make the mind wander, even if there is no substance of truth to it. Anything you want to add that might shed more light on this imaginative concept?

* Trolls are allowed to partake to show how stupidly childish they can be - However, PLEASE do not feed the trolls*

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Interesting. Made me think of something I read about the frequency of a cat's purr and how the same frequency can promote improved bone density and healing.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Great point! I've also heard this. Aside from a form of self sooth of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi

You speak of various rituals from different religions. Rituals open door ways making contact with spirits easier.
The problem being it is forbidden due to the dangers and failure to close a door, leaves it open to anyone who finds it open.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Perhaps... I personally believe that anything 'ritualistic' opens doorways not because of the ritual but the act of doing something in a manner of believing what you're trying to accomplish, no matter how little you may believe. Even with the slightest belief, you can accomplish that ritual as it's enough to bring those things out and into the light of reality.

Kind of like using an ouija board. It's just a toy. Totally made up and useless. When you put a bit of your belief into it expecting an outcome, you just very well might get what you're asking for, even if you were using a rock in a bowl of water as a symbol of the same type of ritual.

I would think that this is similar but maybe on a different level. Both could be true or either could be true, or neither at all.
edit on 29-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I knew this kid (20 years old) who loved to do seances with his friends. He did not know what he was doing. He and his friends considered it fun until one night he was dragged out of bed and slammed up against the wall. His friends were having nightmares, all of sudden their homes were buzzing with various spirits.

I found out after I heard of his death. He committed suicide.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

This is an area that I have very little knowledge of, but I believe sound has the ability to create and destroy.

Sort of like how they used sound in DOOM, sound properly controlled can be deadly.

This is an old video showing how sound can create form.

I believe that light and sound are huge factors in creation.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

By DOOM you mean Dune?

It definitely has the ability to destroy. That we know. Though, to single out one specific 'thing' or substance, material or whatever with a specific frequency seems difficult but groundbreaking all the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ummm...”In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was with God...and the Word was God...so in the beginning was the Word”

“God said...let there be light...and there was Light”

“God spake...and it was so”

“God said...let us make man...in our own image...according to our likeness”

Speech...
Sound...
Vibration...
Frequency...

When I write...place letters and words in a certain way...and you are moved...that you emote...that your heart beats faster...that you shed tears...

Is it that I have woven a spell...possessed your senses...created and caused energy to be transferred...because your mind gave birth to frequency as you inner thought the image the word groupings designed...?

Your mind not only reads the word...but speaks it internally...even as it experiences as a character or characters within the context of the writers intent...

I’ve often thought that if there are indeed an infinite array of universes...then every scenario...every sentence ever uttered gave birth to or was influenced to be...by being imagined...

So then...is imagination only an “in our image...according to our likeness”...effect...

Or is the infinite possibility all...the result of imagination...

Perhaps an equal measure of both extremes...?

Do tell...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I am glad that one of us got it right. I don't even know why I said DOOM, since I have never played the game in my life.

Yes. I meant Dune.

I was 13 years old when I read that book and I thought for the longest time that all the old folk were wrong. Words can not just hurt you, they can kill you.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

- Tibetan Singing Bowls have been used for ages for spiritualistic purposes such as healing and meditation. The outcome are ranges of vibratory frequencies that supposedly restore the body's own frequency to normal.

Youtube is filled with Chakra meditation tunes that can increase heat/cold energy and vibration in the nerve system. There are chants that monk do that are an similar tool to what cat's do when they purr.

Laying off hands can be done by people to stimulate heat/cold energy and vibration in the nerve system causing relaxation that increases the bodies natural healing. But if many people push into the same person the heat can become too much.

You speak of various rituals from different religions. Rituals open door ways making contact with spirits easier.
The problem being it is forbidden due to the dangers and failure to close a door, leaves it open to anyone who finds it open.

All rituals are just tools that can be understood in their basic parts if you take your time to understand the tool. People who meditate to a certain level of awareness become able to become the observer of their own consciousness and can handle any open information doors since they are awareness wise strong and know themselves regardless of what comes thru. But they normally also know how to will any doors closed that annoy them.

To quote Dune

LITANY AGAINST FEAR
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

edit on 29-12-2019 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I had a nightmare couple of nights ago and I woke up, wasn't afraid more annoyed that I didn't kick ass in my dream but here's the funny bit, there was birds whistling outside and that never happens at night time and I wondered if those pesky birds whistling vibrations were the ones 5hat made me have the bad dream, anyway went back to sleep continued the dream and It was a bit better.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

That was awesome! My dog was trippin’ while I played that.

Sound and vibration absolutely hold the key to our existence. Just in the most simple sense, look how one short song, can drastically alter your mood.

I actually have some experience on this subject. I’ll post later when I have more time.

S & F
edit on 29-12-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

What if the simple of it is sound being born of sound? What if sound is a type of catalyst?

That's exactly what scientists investigating the phenomenon thought too.
Check out this free book at the Internet Archive. The first chapter
explains how they think the voices become audible.:
archive.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...”In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was with God...and the Word was God...so in the beginning was the Word”

“God said...let there be light...and there was Light”

“God spake...and it was so”

“God said...let us make man...in our own image...according to our likeness”

Speech...
Sound...
Vibration...
Frequency...

When I write...place letters and words in a certain way...and you are moved...that you emote...that your heart beats faster...that you shed tears...

Is it that I have woven a spell...possessed your senses...created and caused energy to be transferred...because your mind gave birth to frequency as you inner thought the image the word groupings designed...?

Your mind not only reads the word...but speaks it internally...even as it experiences as a character or characters within the context of the writers intent...

I’ve often thought that if there are indeed an infinite array of universes...then every scenario...every sentence ever uttered gave birth to or was influenced to be...by being imagined...

So then...is imagination only an “in our image...according to our likeness”...effect...

Or is the infinite possibility all...the result of imagination...

Perhaps an equal measure of both extremes...?

Do tell...

YouSir

And God said: “ I shall love you all unconditionally, except if you don’t do my bidding, then I’m screwing you all with a great flood. “

Also, no sound in space, it needs a medium to travel through, thus in terms of being a ‘universal language’ it’s fatally flawed.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I agree with everything you've said.

I also agree that the act of making it vocal amplifies the outcome. It's said often that when you speak the prayer aloud, the greater the effect.

Imagine an ocean of hydrogen - laid out in a way where nothing comes together but remains separate. Vibration - the force of voice could have very well made the first disturbance or push in that sea, moving atoms together causing densities where gravity takes over and then BAM! first light explodes, pushing more and more of the sea into waves of star creating ripples.

This is similar to how I imagine the beginning.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Words can not just hurt you, they can kill you.

So true on so many levels! I think if we, all on this earth, understood that and lived by that, maybe things would be different. But then I imagine that it's impossible because too many people would take advantage and use it for the sake of 'doom'.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Also, no sound in space, it needs a medium to travel through, thus in terms of being a ‘universal language’ it’s fatally flawed.

Sound: Vibrations that travel through the air or another medium and can be heard when they reach a person's or animal's ear.

Space is not empty - therefore there are mediums aplenty.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Sound: Vibrations that travel through the air or another medium and can be heard when they reach a person's or animal's ear.

Ummm...precisely...gasses...photons...dark matter...dark energy...radiation...

Peeps forget the vast distances between the atoms that make up the vehicle they call their body...yet somehow all that in-between space...maintains coherence...and form...and function...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Ummm...precisely...gasses...photons...dark matter...dark energy...radiation...

Peeps forget the vast distances between the atoms that make up the vehicle they call their body...yet somehow all that in-between space...maintains coherence...and form...and function...

YouSir

And both of you seem to forget that most of space is a vacuum, meaning sounds made on a specific planet, gas cloud etc. Remain within the confines of their medium.

<<   2 >>

join