It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Public Schools Can’t Suspend Students For Disobeying Teachers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Link

This law is set to take effect in 2020. It will be implemented in grade schools and expand later to middle schools. Per the article:

...it will be illegal for public schools in the state to suspend students in first through fifth grade for willfully defying teachers or administrators.

My question is then, why bother even having schools? If the student can do what ever they want and is protected from getting kicked out, what are they learning? What type of adult does this build?

Also interesting is this same school board is implementing a ban on cell phones except for emergencies. Psssst....hey school board....what is going to enforce this rule now?

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

In a far corner of the Milky Way Galaxy sits a minor solar system that has just one planet.

On this planet sits a small building.

There is a sign on the building that states, "The Most Stupidest Things In The Galaxy".

Today, there is a new exhibit in that building.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Interesting it also talks about smart phones and how they affect school performance. It also say most suspensions are toward students of color. So if a kid wanted to they could bully another kid and its all good, no suspension. California's new motto......The Trophy State.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
actually, there needs to be a union representative for the students, looking out for the teachers overstepping the bounds.....

making the whole scene official and proper...legally
edit on 29-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Maybe you should suggest that to this school board. They seem like the sort who would be all about that idea.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
California Public Schools Can’t Suspend Students For Disobeying Teachers

There's some future mass shooters in the making.

Way to go California.

May the stupid be with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Why don't they just remove teachers altogether, put computers in every classroom with wikipedia, google and facebook in the bookmarks toolbar, and just let the kids learn what they want. I mean, what would really be the difference, anyway?

But you'd have to put GPS tags on all the CPU's, HDD's, ram chips, keyboards and mice.

(post by Trueman removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh well, when the big one hits none of this will matter anymore.

See guys, the cup is still half full!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
Why don't they just remove teachers altogether, put computers in every classroom with wikipedia, google and facebook in the bookmarks toolbar, and just let the kids learn what they want. I mean, what would really be the difference, anyway?

But you'd have to put GPS tags on all the CPU's, HDD's, ram chips, keyboards and mice.

Without teachers or parents the kids will need GPS implants too.

That way the Master AI can keep track of all it's minibots for us so we can be even lazier!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
A law designed to create next generation of libtards.

Oh don't you know?

We will all be Libtards soon because if you disagree they will deem you mentally unstable and have you committed on a 5150.

And I don't mean regular Libtard either, we are going so far left you won't ever remember there was ever a right - namely because it'll be illegal to think anything different than what TV says.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well, I don't believe they can win.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is a cascading event of idiocracy.

Some knew it was coming to a reality near you.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
🤦‍♂️ I would not raise a family in CALI. Time for those in Cali, to run.

I guess they want to wait til they become an adult, to teach them right from wrong in Prison.

Cali, is a Prison, state. Hmmm 🤔

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

They're talking about 1st graders through 5th graders. Little kids still have melt downs, sit on floor and cry instead of putting away the toys. I'm sure they can still be suspended for kicking a teacher in the shins or destroying school property.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Single parent is tough. It's a lot to ask for. They get tired. It takes its toll. So they want peace. Thing is, the kid wants attention. Reinforcements. Consideration. A single parent can only take so much so they lash out. Or throw a device to take thier attention to something else. "Mom!" "Go do something!" Now the child feels resentment and lashes out at others. Schools have become a babysitter. A daycare service. Now these kids can quite literally run a muck with no appriseales. Statistics show black people are more likely to have single house holds because condoms ruin the experience and a black man just wants to have fun not thinking about the consequence.

Democrats want to rule ashes.

Welcome to the new world. Ran by those without a clue.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's why I think America is about over with.

Trump's the Last President and the totalitarians are tearing this nation apart at every step, psychologically conditioning the brainless conformists into becoming completely unmanageable and recklessly militant in their intoxicated quest for Utopia.

This is what happens when the Joker runs the Asylum...

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I said that about 10 years ago. Going into the 10’s. The 20’s for sure.

Something is about to happen. Crazy town is growing in population.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

Without teachers or parents the kids will need GPS implants too.

That way the Master AI can keep track of all it's minibots for us so we can be even lazier!

Oh nooo, you cannot GPS tag the kids. Why people would be up in arms at the deprivation of liberty.. guess we'll just have keep the teachers who cannot intervene in fights, reprimand unruly disruptive students and have no authority to prevent them just walking out anyway..

skoolz aint wot thay use 2 b. ::/

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Students must obey! This is why we need STRONG leadership that can only come from dictatorship. If students don't obey in school then they will not obey in society. Students MUST be FORCED to follow the RULES. Getting a bad grade is not enough. Students who disobey need to spend some time in prison thinking about what they've done.

Just kidding. I'm total liberal. Just give the student bad grade for not obeying. Or even better yet, the teacher should try to take a genuine interest in helping the student cope with their lives. Maybe every classroom needs a counseling/coach. We need to raise taxes on the billionaires to make our schools better. The billionaires have plenty of money to spend. The dollar is only as strong as the quality and quantity of our workforce.

edit on 29-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join