It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boardwalk Empire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Boardwalk Empire originally aired on HBO for 5 seasons from 2010 to 2014. I finally got around to watching it recently. Great show. It is about

An Atlantic City politician [who] plays both sides of the law by conspiring with gangsters during the Prohibition era.
That politician is Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, played by Steve Buscemi. Buscemi is a great actor who really shined in this series.
Martin Scorcese was the executive producer and even directed the very first episode. So gangsters and Scorcese is a win-win in my book.

Some of the actors that were in the series were another reason for me to check it out. Besides Buscemi, it also had Michael Shannon and Michael Pitt. All great actors. Charlie Cox, Dabney Coleman, Kelly Macdonald, and Patricia Arquette appeared in the series as well. Buscemi's character was based on real life politician Eno ch L. Johnson. Al Capone was played by Stephen Graham.

The show received great reviews too. The audience scored it a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. IF you are looking for something to watch, I highly suggest Boardwalk Empire.
edit on 12/29/2019 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/2019 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Definitely one of HBO's best series. I had a chance to visit the actual boardwalk set they built on the East River near Silvercup studios and it was kind of neat to see this period set in modern NYC.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Great series with well developed characters

The killer with no face Richard Harrow was about as complicated a character as you can get. Ruthless , troubled and sensitive. Which made him about as spooky as spooky can be.

Chalky wasn’t bad either .
edit on 29-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Thanks for mentioning Richard. He was my favorite character of them all. The dude had a sense of loyalty and honor.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I watched the series twice. So good. I felt it lost it's way a bit in the last season but the first three seasons are some of the best television ever made.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It's a very good show. The set and vibe are so well done. It's probably one of my favorite shows.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Great show yes, i've watched it a few years earlier, i loved the atmosphere, characters and overall story.
Now there is a british "Boardwalk empire" as i like to call itnamed "Peaky Blinders", it's totally worth your time if you like gypsies, gangs, politics. Same era, years 20-30's
edit on 30-12-2019 by TheMasterOne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join