It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take it to trial Mitch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RickinVa

I would not believe a word of it because they are making it up as they go.

Funny how no one cared about Burisma or Hunter until Joe jumped into the presidential race isnt it?

Yeah, ignore that but believe a corrupt ex president or his cronies.

They are all too closely tied to Russia. They are not working for the good of Ukraine. They are Russian sympathizers who want to give eastern Ukraine to Russia. And I hate to tell you but they have no love lost for trump either. They see him as a useful tool and nothing more.
Joe said out loud even bragging about what he did. Democrats are just blind hypocrites using whatever they can to their advantage. I don’t know why you would go along with it.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RickinVa

I would not believe a word of it

This perfectly sums up my opinion of your posts.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So I can think of several geese that will by cooked, if/when this impeachment goes forward in the senate:

-The four democrat candidate-senators will have to

a) recuse themselves, and risk appearing like they don't take the impeachment seriously,

b) NOT recuse themselves, and attend every single hour of impeachment proceedings. They will miss all caususes and primaries, and potentially the democratic national convention later in the year....

For Pelosi, if she pushes ahead with this starting January 6th, then she risks having the republicans wipe with it and flush 10 months before the election. This would give DJ Trump the weaponized talking point that he has already survived a partisan witch-hunt, and was proven not to be a witch.

For Biden, there is the massive risk that he will be called to testify. Even if his cross-examination is friendly (it won't be), the optics will be of Biden being the one on trial. Plus, he is so random and "aw-shucks" that he's liable to say stuff worse than he already has. (that he has personally done what trump is accused of).

to Sum up:
The Democrats will want the impeachment to begin only AFTER the Democratic national convention has chosen a nominee. That way only one senator (if one is actually nominated as the party candidate!) will face the choice of recusal. So 3 critical democrat votes a present in the senate to try and vote for a 'guilty' verdict.

The best optic will be if the impeachment trial is still on-going on Election Day, and Trump can't claim to have been exonerated. The Democrats need the issue NOT TO BE SETTLED by the time you step into the voting booth to click "yes".

Pelosi can only play this particular card once. She needs the Republicans to not pick it up and discard it before the Tuesday in November. Biden will urge her to never play the card at all.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join