It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take it to trial Mitch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What about the other countries that had their aid withheld as well??

Oh yeah I forgot, forget about those and focus only on Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

What does that have to do with Trump asking Valensky, on the phone call, to investigate Crowdstrike and the Bidens, and why then, after the perfect phone call, did the OMB sent out 2 emails, ordering the Pentagon to hold up their aid, and not tell anyone about the hold?

Was he doing bribery/extortion with other countries too?
edit on 29-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What does that have to do with Trump asking Valensky, on the phone call, to investigate Crowdstrike and the Bidens, and why then, after the perfect phone call, did the OMB sent out 2 emails, ordering the Pentagon to hold up their aid, and not tell anyone about the hold?

Was he doing bribery/extortion with other countries too?

Surely he extorted every country that aid was withheld from........Book em Dano

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Mick Mulvaney told up that it "happens all the time" and that we should "get over it". So, it's not such a stretch to imagine what Trump (and Jared Kushner) might be asking of other countries before that aid is actually delivered.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I’ll make one comment outside of the procedures .

The whole idea behind the impeachment was that Trump used aid to get dirt on Biden for political advantage .

They have no proof that Trump would use the investigation that way.

So the whole basis of the allegation is a assumption .

Just like most of the evidence .

There’s no way they can prove he would use the information to his political advantage .

Maybe he was going to who knows ?

But because of rabid hatred they jumped the gun .

As far as I know you can’t be found guilty on hypothetical situations .

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Xcalibur254

you think Nancy is just looking out for the Senators vacation?

That makes me smile.

She might be attempting to help Joe Biden, by keeping Sanders and Warren tied-up by a 2 month Senate trial that starts just before the Iowa/New Hampshire primaries.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Fallingdown

While I have grown tired of the Democrats white whale

You do remember the white whale got Ahab in the end dont you? Yeah the white whale is real.

Uh, the White Whale here is the ousting of Trump. You know, what Dems have been chasing for 3 1/2 years now, with little regard for anything else in the way of platform, ideas, and even candidates.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What? He's doing it right now! And his "lawyer" Rudy Giuliani is executing the plan, right now, on OAN TV! And there isn't even a legitimate investigation going on.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What? He's doing it right now! And his "lawyer" Rudy Giuliani is executing the plan, right now, on OAN TV! And there isn't even a legitimate investigation going on.

Do you believe an investigation into Hunter Biden's ties to Burisma is warranted after everything that has come out?

Even if Trump is impeached and removed, anyone with more than 2 brain cells can tell there was something funny going on with Hunter and it needs to be looked into.
edit on 29-12-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Should I call you Ishmael?

The funny thing was it was for Ahab’s white whale that he sacrificed not just himself but his ship and everyone that followed him to attempt to kill. Ishmael saw the folly in pursuit at all costs.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You missed my point .

Yes they’re trying to get an investigation going against Biden’s corruption.

But they can’t prove Trump was going to use it to his political advantage .

Before you bring up obstruction of justice .

The McGahn case is still being litigated there’s a hold on the lower courts decision .

The lower courts all ruled against Trump.

But the Supreme Court choose to review the case in December.

The Supreme Court doesn’t review a case unless they see a potential problem in the lower court rulings .

If the litigation plays out in trumps favor or if it isn’t decided at the time of the senate trial .

There is no basis for the charge of obstruction of justice .

Again they jump the gun .
edit on 29-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I’m good with that.

If Ishmael didn’t live we wouldn’t have the story. 👍

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm not as well versed like I want to be.

At this juncture I intuit that both the House and the Senate are derelict in their oath of office.

Instead of trying to drown out the fisherman and steal his reel, let's allow him his catch?

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I want to make one very important point that is conveniently ignored: the Trump TRANSCRIPT of the alleged 'perfect' call is NOT a transcript. A transcript, by definition, is a word-for-word transcription (DUH) --- what a court stenographer would produce in that setting. Trump's 'transcript' is a selectively edited narrative of the call. Congress attempted to get the actual transcript but 'the most transparent President in history' has blocked their answering subpoenas. What else could have been said in that call? We may never know. File this under, 'if you have nothing to hide...'

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
I'm not as well versed like I want to be.

At this juncture I intuit that both the House and the Senate are derelict in their oath of office.

Instead of trying to drown out the fisherman and steal his reel, let's allow him his catch?

I laid out what the Senate could do that included a way out .

But at the end I said it was probably a moot point .

I believe Trump wants to go to trial.

He wants the house members and their staff to commit perjury . All under the command of Adam Schiff .

Then everytime they perjure theirselves Schiff can be hit with a subordination of perjury charge for orchestrating the whole fiasco .

I covered this on my thread A letter to Adam Schiff

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You missed my point .

No I didn't.

Why is the President of United States of America using his bully pulpit and his personal attorney to "try to get an investigation" into an American citizen and a former Vice President of United States? And, why is he trying to get that investigation from another country and have it announced from their bully pulpit?

Because, the president is using his office as a means to smear his political opponent on a global scale by trying to extort a foreign government, for his own personal political benefit.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sweet.
Thanks!
Have a super good new year!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I want to make one very important point that is conveniently ignored: the Trump TRANSCRIPT of the alleged 'perfect' call is NOT a transcript. A transcript, by definition, is a word-for-word transcription (DUH) --- what a court stenographer would produce in that setting. Trump's 'transcript' is a selectively edited narrative of the call. Congress attempted to get the actual transcript but 'the most transparent President in history' has blocked their answering subpoenas. What else could have been said in that call? We may never know. File this under, 'if you have nothing to hide...'

Your idea of what the "transcript" actually is is conveniently ignored on places like ATS because it's BS.

A half dozen people that were listening to that call were stenographers, NSA officials. Half of them would be fluent in the language of the person on the other side of the call.

They all took notes of the conversation, set down afterwards and compared notes.

The end work product is what was released.

What is generally not included in the "transcript" was the interpreters themselves.

So your idea that the "transcript" was just some highly edited version of the conversation is just BS.

edit on 29-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You missed my point .

No I didn't.

Why is the President of United States of America using his bully pulpit and his personal attorney to "try to get an investigation" into an American citizen and a former Vice President of United States? And, why is he trying to get that investigation from another country and have it announced from their bully pulpit?

Because, the president is using his office as a means to smear his political opponent on a global scale by trying to extort a foreign government, for his own personal political benefit.

Quoted for the most partisan hack post I've ever read.

I guess you've missed what the Obama administration (Biden was part of that, if you remember) did against Trump by weaponizing the intelligence agencies (BOTH Foreign and domestic) against his campaign, the efforts when he won the Presidency to take him down, smear his Presidency, BAMN to change the results of not only the 2018 elections but the 2020 ones.

Endless investigations into Trump, his family, everyone he has ever known.

A few FBI investigations, a House investigation, a Senate investigation, a SC convened, constant lawsuits to see his tax returns, his business dealings, his life. Rushed articles of impeachment that have no reason but to influence the 2020 elections.

And you have the f###ing nerve to say that Trump wanting to look into someone who actually is crooked as "attempting to dig up dirt for political gain."

EVERYTHING the DNC has done for 3 years has been for nothing but political gain.

You are pathetic.

/facepalm

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Fighting corruption is one of the conditions for the aid. If the conditions for the aid aren’t met aid can be withheld.

We also have the Treaty Between the United States of America and Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.

Now to head off your next statement about Rudy . He was acting on the president’s behalf under the treaty of mutual cooperation and criminal matter . Yes private citizens can be envoys or personal representatives of the President .

AMONG all the instruments available to the President in his conduct of foreign relations, none is more flexible than the use of personal representatives. He is free to employ officials of the government or private citizens. He may give them such rank and title as seem appropriate to the tasks; these designations may be ambassador, commissioner, agent, delegate; or he may assign no title at all. He may send his agents to any place on earth that he thinks desirable and give them instructions either by word of mouth, or in writing, or through the Department of State, or in any other manner that seems to him fitted to the occasion.

Foreign affairs

Immunity applies for many of these appointments . You can also look into Extraterritorial jurisdiction .

As for your use of the phrase bully pulpit .

If the Democrats hadn’t expose the transcript no one would be talking about it . You guys are the one with the bullhorn not trump.

Like I said they jumped the gun .

Now how can you prove he was going to use it to his political advantage?

Here’s the legal definition of proof.

In a criminal trial the burden of proof required of the prosecutor is to prove the guilt of the accused "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Your reply was loaded with whys .

Why’s aren’t proof by any stretch of the imagination .

Now

At any point in the thread are we going to discuss the OP ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join