It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you for euthanasia but against suicide, why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
it is probably very hard for people to watch others in pain, and with this in mind, we should be careful to consider that the choice not be to alleviate the suffering of the observers.
I suspect that that this is often the case, and at a point pain management, is essentially euthanasia.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
it is probably very hard for people to watch others in pain, and with this in mind, we should be careful to consider that the choice not be to alleviate the suffering of the observers.
I suspect that that this is often the case, and at a point pain management, is essentially euthanasia.

Only because pain management is a hit and miss thing and confusion reigns within the medical community as to how the new generation of drugs work...they don't know.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Main stream media teaches people to agree with media’s narrative and not process thoughts beyond the opinion of main stream media
They sell a story and direct opinion to support their outcomes. The media don’t encourage a though process, don’t encourage people o think for themselves, just sell a story and opinion

The op statement was childlike and based on no distinct intelligent discourse

Suicide equals abortion equals euthanasia, that’s just simply dumb, simply dumb on so many levels

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Respecting life should be at all levels, but it is not. It is about suffering and stopping the suffering...period .

I'm not sure your point here. Are you saying that suffering overrides life? That is basically what I read here, so if that is your point I agree within limits.

link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Main stream media teaches people to agree with media’s narrative and not process thoughts beyond the opinion of main stream media
They sell a story and direct opinion to support their outcomes. The media don’t encourage a though process, don’t encourage people o think for themselves, just sell a story and opinion

The op statement was childlike and based on no distinct intelligent discourse

Suicide equals abortion equals euthanasia, that’s just simply dumb, simply dumb on so many levels

Your response is non emotional within an intellectual perspective, so I reject it. We are not walking in these people's shoes so we can't really can't relate, that includes you.

link   
When someone is intractable pain, they will placed in something a kin to a medically induced coma, until they pass.
Probably, Midazolam and Fentanyl, if the insurance runs out, they just up the dose, "accidentally"
I'll bet euthanasia is standard practice.
edit on 0000001210201210America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
When someone is intractable pain, they will placed in something a kin to a medically induced coma, until they pass.
Probably, Midazolam and Fentanyl, if the insurance runs out, they just up the dose, "accidentally"

Yeah, I've experienced a friend in that situation...is that better to linger in a drug induced state to meet death, than getting it over instantaneously?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

How about we're born and we exist...If we weren't supposed to be here we wouldn't be.

Who's tired of these "What if I we're God Threads"..I am

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
What if there is an unknown purpose of agony ?
When you horse break a leg, do you shoot it for your own pain alleviation.
A materials would see no point in suffering, toward a certain fate.
But then what of suicide ?

edit on 0000001210331210America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join