It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you for euthanasia but against suicide, why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
9 out 10 doctors agree.
Eat what you want, drink what you want
and pray for a massive heart attack.
Just kidding.

I think euthanasia is a slippery slope, I suppose if one chose for ones self, it would be ok, but then again life will cling to itself even in the darkest hour.
Suicide, and choosing euthanasia for ones self seems like the same thing, unless the action is not really for the purpose of doing one self in.
edit on 000000120828128America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

is abortion: murder or a choice?

choice.

Murders like what they are doing.

When a solider kills another countries soldier is that murder?

It has not been proven to me that 10 week old humans have a consciousness, emotions, thoughts.
Though my emotions will not let me go any further than that if it's my own dna.

But As i believe humans should have the freedom to kill themselves if they wish (Is that murder?).
I believe in great freedom across the board. A person can do with and to their own body what they wish.
And in my view the womb and everything that grows inside it belongs to the women.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I find this thread thought provoking and I'm not arguing with anyone while in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

it would be nice if we could find a way to help everyone feel life is worth living

We would have to give up the economic system that the world lives under to ever come close to that.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is death better than pain ?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'd argue that when you become a soldier you give up your humanity, your self. Two soldiers killing each other isn't murder because the soldiers had both agreed to become something more or less than themselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm all for BOTH!!!

Damn straight!

You wanna' off yourself? Great! Here, I'll give you the cartridges!

And there is where it gets sticky, if a person kills them self, what can you do. Helping a person by supply the means, knowing the intent..is another kettle of fish possibly.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm all for BOTH!!!

Damn straight!

You wanna' off yourself? Great! Here, I'll give you the cartridges!

And there is where it gets sticky, if a person kills them self, what can you do. Helping a person by supply the means, knowing the intent..is another kettle of fish possibly.

It would be kind of cruel to say that to a suicidal person.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Purpapengus

Aren't murders that do it for fun giving up their humanity?

Do murders become something other than themselves or are they born like that?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Once a month, when a woman's eggs are flushed away, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

Twice a day, when a man takes himself in hand and flushes out his pipes, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

When a woman's body naturally miscarries and flushes away a fetus, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

When a mans juice fertilizes a woman's egg because he and she are following a million year old bodily imperative to ''do it'' with no concern for the future ramifications just because it feels so good, is that wrong, is that against Gods will?

Just where does this ''it's wrong'' come into play. Before fertilization? Hardly. So why are we so hung up about after fertilization? I just don't get the ''magical thinking' that all of a sudden makes this fertilized egg a human and hence flushing it just like unfertilized eggs and sperm are flushed on a daily basis is so terrible.

It's magical thinking,that's all. Magical thinking.

Once a month, when a woman's eggs are flushed away, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

Natural , and not fertilized

Twice a day, when a man takes himself in hand and flushes out his pipes, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

First , not good for one.
Second , Nothing fertilized

When a woman's body naturally miscarries and flushes away a fetus, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

Seriously ?
You actually posted that ?

Denying (immense) ignorance .
Why ?
In this case it was obvious to anyone . Easy.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Respecting life should be at all levels, but it is not. It is about suffering and stopping the suffering...period .

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

It would be kind of cruel to say that to a suicidal person.

I don't think I would want to help someone off them self because they are unhappy, terminal illness is another thing.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

To even ask this question is indicative of how shallow your thought process is
A product of a tv generation

Just a bit of thought might make a huge difference to your whole life

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It would be terrible not to be able to end your own suffering. Not a bad argument for conceal and carry.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

To even ask this question is indicative of how shallow your thought process is
A product of a tv generation

Just a bit of thought might make a huge difference to your whole life

It is argued TV and video stimulation or suggestion is not valid and I will go with that because it diminishes the human intellect, the human experience, the human's life experience from that tv and video fantasy. Just saying, you are limited in your scope.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I have suffered through a few issues of pain and illness that effected me soo severely that suicide was considered.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling

I have suffered through a few issues of pain and illness that effected me soo severely that suicide was considered.

Does your government now allow you to choose your time of death from pain and illness?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It's a legitimate question, what's your problem?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If your government and the societal mind frame is against you having the right to end your life as you so choose at the time you deem appropriate it is named 'suicide'. If your government and the societal mind frame is shifted with you having the right to not have to suffer with pain and diseases we cannot conquer, then it is called euthanasia.

Crazy #. Let's get our # together people.
edit on 012CST10America/Chicago003101031 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Euthanasia is suicide. I am against it personally. But it's their body, their choice.

Abortion, I am against it, because it is a different body and no choice. Abortion is deliberately ending the life of another living human.

Just my opinions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join