It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you for euthanasia but against suicide, why?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Euthanasia is the practice of intentionally ending a life to relieve pain and suffering. Different countries have different euthanasia laws. Per Wikipedia

Suicide is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Per Wikipedia

Why do you believe people have the right to die when they want sometimes but other times they shouldn’t? Doesn’t everyone have the right to die with dignity whenever they want? Then a bonus question, is abortion: murder or a choice?

I understand if you think both are wrong because all life is precious. Heck, you probably also think abortion is murder too.

The all life is precious, I get. Selectively supporting people’s right to die, is weird to me, especially if person believes in human-made global warming, and a smaller population is good for the world.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I have nothing against youth in Asia. Bunch of raycist up in here.....

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Then a bonus question, is abortion: murder or a choice?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Its almost like you just came in here, made up a completely baseless thread in order to start some sort of argument, and then continue on by talking to imaginary people who arent there.

No ones brought up any of this on ATS, and no ones claimed anything youve posted

How weird is this. thread

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

For one, I don't think it's fair to equate killing an unborn, healthy child to someone suffering from end stage cancer taking their own life.

I honestly don't mind any, besides the abortion. If you want to kill yourself (suicide) go for it, that's your choice. If you're sick and done fighting, again, be my guest. But the taking of someone elses life, or potential life by another person is a completely different ballgame in my opinion.

The only objections to either are purely emotional, and that's only if one personally knows someone who decides to take their own life. When one of my best friends in high school took his, I definitely was not mad. And after hearing his whole story, I almost couldn't blame him. But it was very emotional.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson i agree in euthanasia your love ones know the reason and have time to come to terms with it suicide on the other hand leaves your love ones in shock and disbelief and always wondering why abortion i think is a personal choice between a man and a woman but ultimately up to the woman it is after all her body

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What about you? What are your opinions on this? How do you feel about suicide, euthanasia, abortion?

edit on 28-12-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Suicide is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Per Wikipedia

You have a life, do something with it ........there are people in great pain and

dying who desperately want to live, and see their children grow up.

Why do you believe people have the right to die when they want sometimes but other times they shouldn’t? Doesn’t everyone have the right to die with dignity whenever they want?

Thats it in a nutshell the right to die with dignity when there is no longer

ANY chance of life, Why force someone the indignity of keeping them alive when

they are in pain and no longer have any control on their functions? Life is just

being dragged out........ and for whose benefit????

As its said you wouldnt treat another animal like that!!! you ease their life away.

Edit to add: I dont believe euthanasia is ever practised when there is ANY hope

of the 'patient' recovering, its only done when the patient is terminal.

edit on 28-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson Heck, you probably also think abortion is murder too. hmmm? what kind of logic tells you it is not ?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I would prefer people don't commit suicide - it would be nice if we could find a way to help everyone feel life is worth living. However, I don't think we should punish people for killing themselves, mainly because the corpses would turn the prisons into dangerous disease incubators.

As for euthanasia, I guess its about where you draw the line, and certainly any involved party (parents, spouse, children, etc) should have veto rights if the person can't decide for themselves.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Do you see killing oneself as the same as a person murdering another? How is suicide and euthanasia not the same thing, but using different methods?

I think all can be done within limits. Extreme lack of quality of life can cause suicide or euthanasia decisions, just as pulling the plug, so to speak, on someone only on life support. You can also kill another person, such as in defense. As far as abortions go I'm not religious about it, but I see that it could degrade the values we put on life within a society, so for me the morning after pill is fine and even first trimester abortion is within what I see as acceptable, but should not be an instant first choice. Late term or partial birth abortions really takes things to a whole new horrendous level.

edit on 28-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A better question would be: if death by lethal injection is cruel and unusual punishment because it causes pain and suffering, then why do we allow euthanasia by lethal injection which would basically be the same thing? Would it not also be cruel and unusual and cause pain and suffering?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I would prefer people don't commit suicide - it would be nice if we could find a way to help everyone feel life is worth living. However, I don't think we should punish people for killing themselves, mainly because the corpses would turn the prisons into dangerous disease incubators.

Did you really say ^^^^that^^^^

You cant punish anyone for killing themselves by sending them to prison?????

They are DEAD.....very dead!!!!

As for euthanasia, I guess its about where you draw the line, and certainly any involved party (parents, spouse, children, etc) should have veto rights if the person can't decide for themselves.

In euthanasia it is the will of the 'patient' and no other party is involved

in making that decision though they may be helped to carry it out with the

help of loved ones.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't think we should punish people for killing themselves

For sure..I mean how do you punish someone who's killed them self?

Is suicide illegal even? assisted suicide could be.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Once a month, when a woman's eggs are flushed away, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

Twice a day, when a man takes himself in hand and flushes out his pipes, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

When a woman's body naturally miscarries and flushes away a fetus, is that abortion? Is that against God's will?

When a mans juice fertilizes a woman's egg because he and she are following a million year old bodily imperative to ''do it'' with no concern for the future ramifications just because it feels so good, is that wrong, is that against Gods will?

Just where does this ''it's wrong'' come into play. Before fertilization? Hardly. So why are we so hung up about after fertilization? I just don't get the ''magical thinking' that all of a sudden makes this fertilized egg a human and hence flushing it just like unfertilized eggs and sperm are flushed on a daily basis is so terrible.

It's magical thinking,that's all. Magical thinking.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think that if Euthanasia was legalized there would be a lot less suicides because at some point in the
process of paperwork it would give the person an opportunity to let their voice and issues be heard by family or friends.
I feel that Many suicides happen because the person doesn’t see an alternate solution.
By Choosing Euthanasia you would most likely have to discuss your decisions with psychologists and physicians therefore they may be able to help you find an alternative answer.
I have lost several close family and friends to suicide.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'm for both.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I'm for euthanasia. I used to work in a nursing home and one of the worst things I witnessed was contractures. Arms and legs stiff to the point they are frozen and immobile. So you have a person laying permanently in bed who can't move their arms and legs. They can barely talk, if at all, and all they have to look forward to is laying in a quiet room waiting for the minimum wage CNA to come and maybe clean them when they mess themselves.
Why is it morally acceptable to keep that person alive in what has to be a living hell?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm all for BOTH!!!

Damn straight!

You wanna' off yourself? Great! Here, I'll give you the cartridges!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join