It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats, Virginia. Your governor and legislature are setting aside money to lock up gun owners.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I guess the Patriot Act and the death of the 4A didn't seem to bother enough Americans to make a difference. We'll see how this goes.

Exactly. Due process and privacy were gone right then and there.

That was my "red pill" moment. I remember being in school and asking a teacher if this is basically new aged Mccarthyism, and she kind of looked at me like that was inappropriate (just a few years after). I realized I'm sure that's how people in the cold war viewed it, you know? We're at war, fall in line. Even with Iraq it was like you were unpatriotic if you were against it. F that, question everything.

When they have to circumvent the constitution, you know they're just going in planning to be incompetent. It's just a power grab.

If you have to bend the rules, go for it, just make sure you get it right... If not, prepare to get grilled.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ah good! I requested a large screen tv, 5g wireless and a mini-fridge.
I'm a taxpayer too and I want my money's worth if they're going to make me an insta-felon.
Oh and subscriptions to every firearms magazine out there.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like Trump. I think he's great !

Seriously, if the We The People of Virginia stand for this ….it's their own fault.

So what does some 250 year old dude from Massachusetts got to do with this conversation?

edit on 28-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Seriously, if the We The People of Virginia stand for this ….it's their own fault.

So what does some 250 year old dude from Massachussets got to do with this conversation?

Umm, Thomas Jefferson is from where? And you edited it from New York to Massachussetts?
edit on 12/28/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I'm not the sharpest bulb in the bowling alley, but I thought that it was against the law to make laws that would immediately criminalize people who otherwise, would not be criminals if it weren't for this new "law".

Was I wrong?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
There's something about a politician telling me to give up my guns, while at the same time having a security detail with guns protecting them. What's wrong with that picture? Oh yeah, Do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Do you like this Virginian’s quote any better?

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?” -Patrick Henry, Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don’t believe it’s going to come to door-to-door searches either. Not yet, anyway.

What I could see happening is that the government will “develop intelligence” about gun owners resulting in warrants being issued. Examples will have to be made at some point.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This gov needs to be brought up on sedition charges.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh? But we’ve been told time and again “nobody is coming for your guns.” Even here in ATS it was/is a constant refrain. You must be mistaken

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh? But we’ve been told time and again “nobody is coming for your guns.” Even here in ATS it was/is a constant refrain. You must be mistaken

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I don’t believe it’s going to come to door-to-door searches either. Not yet, anyway.

What I could see happening is that the government will “develop intelligence” about gun owners resulting in warrants being issued. Examples will have to be made at some point.

How many warrants would have to be issued before their gun confiscation plan goes horribly wrong? I’m thinking very few, then what?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
There's something about a politician telling me to give up my guns, while at the same time having a security detail with guns protecting them. What's wrong with that picture? Oh yeah, Do as I say, not as I do.

With incredible precision what the Nazis did in the 1930's in their rise to their theocratic totalitarian fascism. The German population poo-poo-ed this back then just like the leftists and non-gun owners in VA are doing today.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
This gov needs to be brought up on sedition charges.

No. He doesn't need to be 'charged' with anything.

The Tree of Liberty thirsts. Let that be his fate.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
The nra is dying. Lots of corruption.

It's hard to believe that virginia is going forward with this.

It's a dumb move. Dems love their guns too.
It's only the ultra libs that want to take all the guns. And that group is small.

I think this is a bad move. But what do I know.

edit on 28-12-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Nobody is coming for your guns. Northam is the biggest nobody in office today...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

So what does some 250 year old dude from Massachusetts got to do with this conversation?
psst Virginia, Montecello...pretty famous place

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was actively pursuing a job transfer from Oregon until this all came up. I couldn’t consciously move my family there believing what I believe, not even mentioning the potential powder keg of a sh$t show that could be happening there soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In Texas we back Jefferson, can you imagine if Virginia was full of Texas boys, lordy.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable2027

I was actively pursuing a job transfer from Oregon until this all came up. I couldn’t consciously move my family there believing what I believe, not even mentioning the potential powder keg of a sh$t show that could be happening there soon.
Oh for the love of God, don't leave Oregon for anything out East. I understand if you live in Portland, or Eugene, but just head to Southern Oregon.

We spent 8 years, Virginia, Massachusettes, and Ohio....dont do it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join