It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Portugal 12/28/2019 filmed by me 1 hour ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hello all,

I have just witnessed a UFO sighting here in Portugal (small town Valongo). It was hovering for about 45 minutes and it suddenly dimmed out.

I was able to record it and zoom in with my Panasonic DMC FZ72 using the digital 300x Zoom and got I guess a good image considering that I didn't have a tripod.

What's your take on the video? It's certainly not fake as I recorded it myself, but do you think it might be any other object?

www.youtube.com...

Regards,
]
edit on 28-12-2019 by tqrebelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tqrebelo

Interesting. It looks like the round orbs they seen in space when they had that tether incident.

edit on 28-12-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

In which direction was the video shot? Venus is very bright in the western sky shortly after sunset.

It looks like Venus. The odd optical effects are caused by using digital zoom and autofocus.
Here is an example using a different type of camera.

You should lose the sound effects. They don't help.
edit on 12/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here you go.

Bro, if you filmed that, you need to tighten up your directing skills.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah, I do, I'm not great with a camera nor directing. I'm sure it is not Venus for two reasons, Venus was on the left of the video, and second because the object pure and simply dimmed out it's light and went completely black 5 minutes after me recording.

edit on 28-12-2019 by tqrebelo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Altair or Vega, then, maybe. Or maybe not.

In any case, neither the digital zoom or soundtrack help much.
edit on 12/28/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's a wheel in the sky. That's it, we're screwed.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Interesting. It looks like the round orbs they seen in space when they had that tether incident.

UFO Hunters explains in an experiment how the disc shaped UFOs on STS 75 are created by the lens of the camera. Such phenomena are called Airy disks in photography

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Could it had just been a star?
Go on Stellarium online, enter your coordinates and the move the curser to the location you were facing.
First thing to do is Rule out it being a known stellar object.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

that's exactly what i was thinking too

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tqrebelo
Hello all,

I have just witnessed a UFO sighting here in Portugal (small town Valongo). It was hovering for about 45 minutes and it suddenly dimmed out.

I was able to record it and zoom in with my Panasonic DMC FZ72 using the digital 300x Zoom and got I guess a good image considering that I didn't have a tripod.

What's your take on the video? It's certainly not fake as I recorded it myself, but do you think it might be any other object?

www.youtube.com...

Regards,
]

Weather balloon...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
It's a wheel in the sky. That's it, we're screwed.

Ezekiel iz back

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It looks like Venus. The odd optical effects are caused by using digital zoom and autofocus.

Phage, in this forum, with material of this quality, you excel like in no other. Bravo. Keep up the great work!

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Not just then...They show up often in quite a number of NASA vids...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Considering they look nothing alike, I don't know about that.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

While I am not doubting you and your beliefs, it is very difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions from your video.

It's a light, all by itself, in and out of focus.

I have no proof it's NOT a UFO, but at the same time I have no means to say what it is.

If you get another one with some better video, please post it. I would love to check it out. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Olá!

Unfortunately, your video shows only the camera attempting to focus on a distant light. The round shape is a result of the way the lens and shutter construction (that's why the video posted by Phage has a different shape, different cameras give different results).

You said Venus was to the left, could you give us a better indication of where the camera was pointing? The time the video was made would also help finding out if it could have been a star (going by your description I doubt it was a star) or not.

PS: next time you see something like this look at FlightRadar or some other site that shows real time flights, so you can see if it's a commercial aeroplane.

PPS: welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Why did you put all the production into your video? You have to understand that it makes the video seem suspicious to us. I mean, I see something hovering over the water, and I'll film it with my phone and rush it here. No way in hell I'm going to add a sountrack first. People here want to KNOW.

What was your reasoning? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In which direction was the video shot? Venus is very bright in the western sky shortly after sunset.

Agreed. All we can tell is, there was a light. The shape and appearance are from the camera type/aperture. Phage's example is also relatively common among some camera types.

Matter of fact, this also pretty much debunks 'paranormal" orbs aka dust

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowChatter

UFO Hunters explains in an experiment how the disc shaped UFOs on STS 75 are created by the lens of the camera. Such phenomena are called Airy disks in photography

^^^^This^^^^

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join