It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden confirms he will obstruct Congress

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Xtrozero

Hunter was working as a legit legal aid for Burisma ties to the corrupt Ukrainian PM at the time. He was only put on the board members as a form of payment to avoid technicalities. This is where it all gets complicated.

You can't just outright pay a lawyer in a nation tied to all sorts of corrupt banks, laundering, etc. so they hired him on as a 'new' position. He saved his defendants life, this is why he got so much money.

I think at this point, we can realize lawyers and career politicians are snakes. Like we have already known for hundreds of years. This does not excuse Trump for doing what he did tho. What does Joes son have anything to do in his personal career life have to do with Joe Biden and his political career?

If we take that mind set, then Trumps personal gains of screwing over unions, dealing with Russian oligarchs, etc can be used against him... oh wait it was, and no- one cared or lead to all sorts of loose ends. But here we are again, RUSSIA.

Amazing question you asked...What did the old man have to do with the kid??? Quid Pro Joe openly admits he forced the firing of the prosecutor who was going to expose Burisma and the illegality of Hunter Biden's activities...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Mach2

Biden is a contributor to the Ukraine Corruption that caused the Trump Administration to briefly withhold military aid.

So, what do you expect to happen? what do you think he would confirm, or deny.

Anyway, if the White House will be obstructing by not allowing witness testimony, Biden might as well too.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Before I click that link can you say what it is?
Sounds like a bit of nonsense to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

No. Joe stepped in because of global officials, and entities like the IMF, putting pressure on Obama's admin to oust Shokin, a anti Ukrainian, pro russian stooge.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

trump withheld aid to shakedown the newly elected president of Ukraine to get him to announce an investigation so he could get a sound bite for his failure of a campaign plan. It got him an impeachment instead.
He doesnt give a flying fig about corruption and never has. He is a carrier of corruption.
I hope they do decide to subpoena witnesses.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: strongfp

Just putting my 2 cents in...for what it is worth.

Trump made the first phone call to the Ukraine on April 21, 2019. A rough transcript of this phone call was released by the president.

Joe Biden announced he was running on April 25, 2019

www.nytimes.com...

HOWEVER:

The phone call to the Ukraine on July 25, 2019 is the phone call where Trump requested help with investigating Biden and Son and sparked the call for impeachment.

We just need to know which came first..the chicken or the egg, Biden found out about the call and then announced or the other way around.
Bottom line is Biden jumped in so it would be used as a political weapon implication

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

According to who? Who is that person?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

This Andriy Dercach? The one that Rudy Giuliani just met with? The one who is in on the quid pro quo that they are so desperately trying to cover up?

He is hardly the person to go to for information that is not entirely fabricated.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It's too bad the Republicans have shat on the Constitution this way. Maybe if had real evidence there would some competency to their actions. Instead it's all just a bunch idiots who don't understand government, law, or our Constitution. We live in dangerous times. I expect Trump to arrest the Democrats any day now and put a complete end to our Constitution.

edit on 28-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I expect Trump to arrest the Democrats any day now and put a complete end to our Constitution.

I don't expect Trump to arrest anyone. If people do get arrested, it's their fault. But as usual, blame it on Trump.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Yet one more reason for Nancy to hold up impeachment. Good one Joe, don’t you know.

Just think of the hell fire if they impeached Obama and fast and furious and hillrties corrupt sate department when the repubs held congress in obmass last two years in office. Hopefully this will happen when they retake the house in 2020!

edit on 28-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Democrats will have no choice but to impeach Biden if he were elected President. That's the precedent they set.

IDIOTS.

so I'm confused …

are All Democrats criminals …

or

are all criminals Democrats

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

trump withheld aid to shakedown the newly elected president of Ukraine to get him to announce an investigation so he could get a sound bite for his failure of a campaign plan. It got him an impeachment instead.
He doesnt give a flying fig about corruption and never has. He is a carrier of corruption.
I hope they do decide to subpoena witnesses.

Failure of a campaign plan?

He literally ran on draining the swamp.

The Bidens are the swamp he speaks of.

Lolz🤪

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I think at this point, we can realize lawyers and career politicians are snakes.

I really dislike life long politicians...

This does not excuse Trump for doing what he did tho. What does Joes son have anything to do in his personal career life have to do with Joe Biden and his political career?

Outside of his dad being acting VP, nothing, but the acting VP part is the whole point as to why this would be looked at, and should.

I don't excuse Trump for anything. There is a lot he does I don't like or at least see as damaging to him no matter what he does well. In the end this is not a impeachable event, not even close, and the Dems are going down a slippery slope doing it...

We can say what he did was poor form at best, about what he has always done.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

According to who? Who is that person?

The person is the average American citizen sweety.

You'll see.

~pats you on the head~

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's too bad the Republicans have shat on the Constitution this way.

How so ?
You are lacking in explanation again.
Clarify , please.
Otherwise that was just useless tripe.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
While I'm a big Trump fan, and think the whacko leftist utopian philosophy would run this country into the ground, I don't see how Biden's testimony is in any way relevant to the "trumped up" (pun intended) charges against the president. He has no first hand knowledge of anything Trump said or did. Spiteful retaliation is not the way to go.

Now, if the Senate were to open an investigation into the Bidens, and thier own "quid pro quo", I'm all in favor of that.

You're wrong.
The entire abuse of power article is based on Trump asking for foreign nations help to investigate an opponent to help his campaign.
The President has constitutional authority to investigate corruption and if that was his purpose then he has done nothing wrong. All he needs to show is that there were grounds for the investigation into Ukraine and Burisma. Biden is a key witness to that.

edit on 29/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

So you're denying he withheld aid money for dirt on Biden?

I'm denying it.
  • There was no talk of an exchange of anything for "dirt on Biden" in the July 25th phone call.

• There was no mention of Joseph Biden in the July 25th phone call. The mention was about Hunter Biden. Hunter Biden is not Joe Biden.

• Joe Biden is not running a campaign against President Trump. His campaign opponents are Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, etc. He has not received the Democratic nomination yet, and a recent poll shows him in third place in Iowa by a wide margin.

• In the July 25th phone call, the reference was also to Crowdstrike, which was a central figure in the 2016 elections. They have not been tied to the 2020 elections yet.

• Trump asked Zelensky for a "favor." By definition a favor is something done out of good will, not in return for anything else. Trump regularly uses such language when dealing with others, as do many other people.

• Part of Trump's responsibility by law is to ensure that funds to foreign governments do not support corruption.

• Another part of Trump's responsibility by law is to investigate suspicions of corrupt/illegal activity concerning US citizens. He has the authority as President to coordinate such efforts with foreign leaders.

• Joe Biden is on tape telling the story of how he intentionally used a $1 billion Federal loan guarantee (taxpayer money) as leverage to require a specific action by a foreign government (Ukraine).

• There are multiple abnormalities surrounding the FBI investigation into the DNC server hack, and Crowdstrike is one of the major players in that.

• Burisma, the company Hunter Biden sat on the board of, is owned by Mykola Zlochevsky, a Ukrainian oligarch who fled Ukraine after the UK announced charges of fraud were filed against him from late 2014 until February 2018. He has since fled again to Monaco, under investigation for government corruption stemming from his time in the Ukrainian government.

• There have been several reports from Ukrainian officials past and present that the Obama administration, through Joe Biden and others, issued a list of individuals Ukraine was not to investigate/prosecute. Many of these indicate that financial aid would be suspended if they failed to obey.

• There have been statements by Ukrainian officials that they tried to provide the FBI with incriminating information against Hillary Clinton during the 2016 elections, but were unable to get an audience to do so.

• Zelensky has publicly stated he felt no pressure to conduct any specific investigations.

• Zelensky has publicly stated he was not aware of any hold on the military aid during the phone call.

• The funds were released September 11. They were to be released by September 30.

• Zelensky got his White House meeting as requested, despite never making any public statement about an investigation.

• Trump verbally approved the sale of Javelin missiles to Ukraine while on the July 25th phone call.
Now, you were saying?

TheRedneck

edit on 12/29/2019 by TheRedneck because: I forgot one

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He went on tv and asked china to investigate him!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

He went on tv and asked china to investigate him!

hyperbole
[hīˈpərbəlē]

NOUN
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles" ·

synonyms:
exaggeration · overstatement · magnification · amplification · embroidery · embellishment · overplaying · excess · overkill · purple prose · puffery

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join