It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden confirms he will obstruct Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: carewemust

Unlike the House, the Senate must VOTE to compel witness testimony in an impeachment trial. Only a simple majority is required.

You got a link for that?
TheRedneck

See section VI @ www.senate.gov...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I don't watch TV. I use the internet wisely and focus on local news outlets.

www.rferl.org...

He was anti Ukrainian and had close ties to the pro Russian east side of Ukraine. If you didn't know the whole point of the civil unrest there is because Ukraine wants to be a sovereign nation, not a split in half because one half speaks Russian and the other doesn't. Funny how all this leads to Russia... AGAIN.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Mach2

What did Biden do that was unacceptable? Honest question.

I know Biden is a classic Democrat, and has his hands deep into corruption, but I'm sorry, the conspiracy against him right now has nothing, the GOP are chasing down the rabbit hole, the only sketchy thing that ties Joe to Ukraine is his son.

So you are saying that Joe Biden didn't make any money in the Ukraine?

Report: ‘Burisma’ Paid Joe Biden $900K ‘Consulting Fee’ According to Ukrainian MP Andriy Derkach

You need better news sources.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

His son did. Not Joe.

Guess you missed that part where I said Joe has his fair share of corruption, and it's mostly tied to his son.

The issue at hand isn't if the Bidens are 'corrupt'. Which is still laughable because if you want to play at that game many politicians have family members who used their siblings or family or whatever to access financial gains. Look at the Bushes. It's what people are using as a rebuttal to what Trump is did that makes this ridiculous.

"Trump did this"

YA BUT LOOK BIDEN DID SOMETHING SORT OR LIKE IT OR WHAT EVER!

What's implied is that Trump can get away with it because Joe did something similar?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Joe Biden has re-evaluated, and changed his mind:

“I want to clarify something I said yesterday. In my 40 years in public life, I have always complied with a lawful order and in my eight years as VP, my office — unlike Donald Trump and Mike Pence — cooperated with legitimate congressional oversight requests,” he tweeted.

"But I am just not going to pretend that there is any legal basis for Republican subpoenas for my testimony in the impeachment trial.

That is the point I was making yesterday and I reiterate: this impeachment is about Trump’s conduct, not mine,” he said.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

His son did. Not Joe.

Guess you missed that part where I said Joe has his fair share of corruption, and it's mostly tied to his son.

So I guess the issue isn't the news source, it is your reading comprehension.

Derkach delivered a bombshell press conference revealing embattled 2020 candidate Joe Biden received $900,000 from Hunter Biden’s former company “Burisma Group”

As for your odd fantasy that Trump did anything wrong at all, that's just proof of your obvious bias not allowing you to understand actual facts.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Trump has executive privilege and Biden doesn't have the same excuse, so he has to show up.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
morons on the left really thinks Biden didn't get a piece of the pie. The whole idea was his, his son is just there to guarantee he gets his proceeds. IT's a gimmick a lot in congress use, just ask Peloisi and Kerry's sons.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

According to the report, Biden received the money through a series of transfers that finally ended up with a company called “Rosemont Seneca Partners” which according to New York Times is affiliated with Joe Biden.

The payment was listed as “consulting services.”

Yes, consulting services, which Hunter was hired for in the first place. Still zero evidence that actually happened tho.

Trump on the other hand, has mounds of evidence he was withholding aid unless dirt was given up on Biden... whoa.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I see nothing in there that says the Senate must vote on every warrant. I actually see the opposite: the Senate has the power to enforce any warrant lawfully issued. That would include one for the Almighty Joseph Biden, Little Girl Hair-Sniffer par excellance, Speaker of Mysteries of Blond Leg Hair, and Dismisser of Foreign Prosecutors Extraordinaire.

VI. The Senate shall have power to compel the attendance of witnesses, to enforce obedience to its orders, mandates, writs, precepts, and judgments, to preserve order, and to punish in a summary way contempts of and disobedience to its authority, orders, mandates,writs, precepts, or judgments, and to make all lawful orders, rules and regulations, which it may deem essential or conducive to the ends of justice. And the Sergeant-at-arms, under the direction the Senate, may employ such aid and assistance as may be necessary to enforce, executive, and carry into effect the lawful orders, mandates, writs, and precepts of the Senate.

Donald Trump has the absolute right to call witnesses in his defense, as well as the right to cross examine any and all witnesses against him.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

This is nothing more than the reactions of a man who has a lot to hide and even more to fear because if he was maintaining the moral high ground, he would have no issue attending the Senate hearing to set the record straight - but he can't because he's a crooked dodgy c**t just like Clinton.

May he eventually burn in hell, along with all his cohorts.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

"Trump did this"

YA BUT LOOK BIDEN DID SOMETHING SORT OR LIKE IT OR WHAT EVER!

What's implied is that Trump can get away with it because Joe did something similar?

So what did Trump do that over two years of massive investigation did not find? I'm not saying Trump is 100% clean, but hell man, who can withstand a full on 40 million dollar FBI and prior administration investigation across all parts of his life to include anyone within at least 3 degrees of Kevin Bacon related to him.

Anyway we look at it there are more and more questions to the whole 2016 election and Ukraine in many ways. It just so happens Biden was waist deep in it all too, now if he is innocent then so be it, but an investigation would need to be done, wouldn't you say?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

May he eventually burn in hell, along with all his cohorts.

Do they let small children sit on your lap and comb your hairy legs in hell?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

According to the report, Biden received the money through a series of transfers that finally ended up with a company called “Rosemont Seneca Partners” which according to New York Times is affiliated with Joe Biden.

The payment was listed as “consulting services.”

Yes, consulting services, which Hunter was hired for in the first place. Still zero evidence that actually happened tho.

Trump on the other hand, has mounds of evidence he was withholding aid unless dirt was given up on Biden... whoa.

Um....

You do realize that there actually is no first-hand evidence of that at all.

You do understand that Trump withholding foreign aid for different circumstances is HIS JOB?

Do you also not understand that the phone call was made BEFORE Joe Biden even announced his run?

Let me help you out a little bit here.

The ONLY reason that the mock impeachment happened is because the DNC found that there is nobody in the Democratic primary race right now that can win against Trump.

Period.

They are attempting to impeach him for doing something that is entirely within his rights and enumerated powers to do.

They are doing that to attempt to sway independent voters towards their party.

Which has failed abysmally.

So I can understand why you're a little butt-hurt about that considering your personal ideology.

But just flailing around ATS screaming "Orange Man Bad" doesn't bring anything to the dialog.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The Russia meddling thing is a whole other can of worms...

But, as you said:

Anyway we look at it there are more and more questions to the whole 2016 election and Ukraine in many ways. It just so happens Biden was waist deep in it all too, now if he is innocent then so be it, but an investigation would need to be done, wouldn't you say?

Sure it should be done, but not by Trump himself. Why did he need to be involved at all? What skin is off the American peoples back that Joe and hunter were doing things in other nations, when one was hired to do a job, and Joes job was to literally adjust and deal with foreign affairs so Obama didn't need to worry about it? The main job of a VP is to do stuff that the POTUS shouldn't have to worry about.

You know, the classic Democrat crew are rats, they really are. They lie, pander, and play at the heart strings of citizens worse then the progressive conservatives here in Canada. But in this case, Joe didn't do anything illegal, which is what the GOP and Trump supporters are hanging off right now.
edit on 28-12-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Trump needs to worry about being president of the US, not dictating other nations. He has staff to do this sort of thing, why does he need to be personally involved?

also, prove this:

Do you also not understand that the phone call was made BEFORE Joe Biden even announced his run?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

What the Hell are you even talking about?

His job, the one he was elected to perform, is to deal with foreign leaders and nations. That's his job!

Withholding foreign aid, or military aid, or other tactics are part and partial of doing that job. Y'know, the one he was elected to perform??

In essence, he was, is being, impeached because he **wait for it** was doing his job. Amusing, no?

On a related side note...the Dems have set a precedence that should scare the crap out of us...I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's Trumps job to worry about Biden withholding american tax payer money from a corrupt government at the time?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The liberals do not think that rules belong to them, they demand that the rules apply to the Republicans though because Republicans are supposed to be conservatives. Liberals are all about change but only when it benefits their members.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
No legal basis for Joe to testify. Joe is not on trial, Trump is. Biden could have corruptly been give billions and there still would no basis for him to testify. This is all about Trump's actions. If Trump had instead used normal channels for the investigation this would never happened. He is on trial for violating the law, which he did, but probably didn't have to. Shows he was playing from a very weak hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join