It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden confirms he will obstruct Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Apparently Biden isn't your average Joe , Obstruction of Congress doesn't apply to him...

Biden confirms he will obstruct Congress

Joe Biden confirmed Friday he would not comply with a subpoena to testify in a Senate trial of President Donald Trump.

Biden also said any attempt to subpoena him would be on “specious” grounds,

Democrats claimed Trumps use of Executive privilege to oppose subpoenas was grounds for Obstruction of Congress.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Biden must know he has enough dirt on enough Senators to prevent him from being forced to testify in the Senate.

Unlike the House, the Senate must VOTE to compel witness testimony in an impeachment trial. Only a simple majority is required.

Note: Count Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) as a "NO" on everything. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-Cali) owns her.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Eh heh heh. Biden is just baiting the Senate to enact rules that allow for witnesses to be subpoenaed. It's like he's daring Mitch.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
While I'm a big Trump fan, and think the whacko leftist utopian philosophy would run this country into the ground, I don't see how Biden's testimony is in any way relevant to the "trumped up" (pun intended) charges against the president. He has no first hand knowledge of anything Trump said or did. Spiteful retaliation is not the way to go.

Now, if the Senate were to open an investigation into the Bidens, and thier own "quid pro quo", I'm all in favor of that.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Biden is a contributor to the Ukraine Corruption that caused the Trump Administration to briefly withhold military aid.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If you watch the table discussion where a reporter asks him about it, he gets angry and out of control. He leans over the table at the female reporter and sticks his arm out even closer trying to intimidate her.

I'm not some sensitive guy either but when I watched that, It infuriated me. She should have told him to calm down and get his hand out of her personal space. This whole situation is clearly bothering him and when people are that rattled there is likely a lot more there.

I don't believe he did not know the business dealings of his son. I also don't believe he had that prosecutor fired for corruption. I mainly don't believe it because his state, Delaware, it's more corrupt than most of the offshore banking islands. It's one of the best places on the planet to launder money and set up fake corporations.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Democrats will have no choice but to impeach Biden if he were elected President. That's the precedent they set.

IDIOTS.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Apparenty now Biden has been allowed to clarify his statement...Unlike your average Joe...

Biden clarifies subpoena to his testimony

.“I have always complied with a lawful order ...But I am just not going to pretend that there is any legal basis for Republican subpoenas for my testimony .....,”

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill
Apparenty now Biden has been allowed to clarify his statement...Unlike your average Joe...

Biden clarifies subpoena to his testimony

.“I have always complied with a lawful order ...But I am just not going to pretend that there is any legal basis for Republican subpoenas for my testimony .....,”

Sounds like a typical Dem. If I don't personally think a law or legal order is reasonable, I can just ignore it. ie. immigration laws.

This is what generations of entitlement and participation trophies does.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I would of like Joe if he could say he was doing it for America. Yeah money, whatever... He was promoting American interests. But he cannot say that, so it was only self interest is what I gather.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Now, if the Senate were to open an investigation into the Bidens, and thier own "quid pro quo", I'm all in favor of that.

Trump did tho, and the Senate is biased republican run. So what's your point? What Biden did wasn't against any rules and had several other officials pleading for him to make such a move. He wasn't doing it for his own interests, or to give the admin he was in any sort of upper hand. The IMF was looking to him to even get rid of Shokin.. are people really this short sighted into what Biden did or just want to make this a tit for tat between Trump and Biden?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Wonderful that Joe has an opinion.

Too bad his opinion is incorrect and should land him in the pokey.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Biden is a contributor to the Ukraine Corruption that caused the Trump Administration to briefly withhold military aid.

Yes, but that is a seperate issue. I don't think there is any question about the Burisma corruption, or Hunter Biden basically getting paid for daddy's influence.

How is that relevant to abuse of power, or obsruction of congress?

Look, I think the whole thing is a joke, with zero foundation, or precedent, but I just don't understand what the Bidens could testify about, as it relates to those specific charges.

Are you saying it's OK if a person is not guilty of breaking a law, as long as he proves he had a percieved good reason? I don't think he's guilty of anything besides pissing dims off, but you don't generally defend yourself in legal procedings with whataboutism.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They're trying to force DJT to initiate his duty in the take care clause so they can say, yippee- told ya so all along!

Except I doubt it going down in their favor like that, quite the opposite.

will wait and see

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Trump did tho, and the Senate is biased republican run. So what's your point? What Biden did wasn't against any rules and had several other officials pleading for him to make such a move. He wasn't doing it for his own interests, or to give the admin he was in any sort of upper hand. The IMF was looking to him to even get rid of Shokin.. are people really this short sighted into what Biden did or just want to make this a tit for tat between Trump and Biden?

Way to take what I said out of context, and include only part of in in the quote.

If you are going to say that Biden's actions are acceptable, that's fine. If you then say Trump's weren't, your a biased hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The main culprit is not Biden. It's Obama. He put no restrictions on Hunter Biden or Hillary. They could do whatever they wanted. It was Obama who turned a blind eye to ethics violations. He refused to assign an IG to the State Dept for 5 years, longest any agency in the history of the US has been without an IG.

WIth no SD IG, things like Hunter's business escapades and the Clinton Foundation had a free pass. It was no accident either. The DNC was flat broke. Still is broke. This is how it works unfortunately. We give aid, US contractors are hired, contractors take some of that cut and donate it to the DNC or democrat politicians.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unlike the House, the Senate must VOTE to compel witness testimony in an impeachment trial. Only a simple majority is required.

You got a link for that?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What did Biden do that was unacceptable? Honest question.

When you have ACTUAL citizens, and several FOREIGN officials calling for a corrupt man to be ousted, but wasn't because of the rampant corruption plaguing Ukraine right now, what would be one of your last options? Gee, get the man who has foreign influence and has a son deep in Ukrainian affairs to muscle him out. It's that simple.

Trump is allegedly doing something far more sinister, to get dirt on an opponent, and withholding aid until such dirt is given up.

I know Biden is a classic Democrat, and has his hands deep into corruption, but I'm sorry, the conspiracy against him right now has nothing, the GOP are chasing down the rabbit hole, the only sketchy thing that ties Joe to Ukraine is his son.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If Biden obstructs Congress, doesn't this negate an article of impeachment?

Asking for a friend.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

When you have ACTUAL citizens, and several FOREIGN officials calling for a corrupt man to be ousted,

This evidence you present is weaker than your argument.

TV rots your mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join