It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janos, Chihuahua: Municipal Police Chief Arrested in Mormon Family Murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
This is truly a sad story .... The article not only discusses some of the people responsible and possible motives but goes into a little history also. The Mormons are armed even though it is actually against the law and the Cartels know it so the Mormon's conclave and homes are left alone. Governments are supposed to provide their citizens with security and they expect their citizens to be loyal.. Looking at Mexico in its' current condition (not secure and many not loyal) you have to wonder when a Poncho Villa will ride once again ?

A Mexican police chief arrested in connection to Mormon family killings, Fidel Alejandro Villegas:
A head of public security in Chihuahua, Mexico has been arrested in connection with the Mormon massacre last month, according to new reports, by SEIDO.

Fidel Alejandro Villegas Villegas, the director of public safety in Janos, was nabbed Tuesday by the Attorney General’s Office for his alleged ties to "La Linea", part of the Juárez drug cartel that’s believed to have ambushed the nine relatives last month, the Herald of Chihuahua reported.

Villegas Villegas is the fourth person to be detained in the high-profile murders of extended members of the LeBaron family — a breakaway sect of Mormons with US-Mexico citizenship.
Nine women and children of US-Mexican origin were shot dead by suspected drug cartel hitmen last month on Nov 4, 2019.

“The Mexican municipal police are not autonomous in this area,” said LeBaron. “They are under the control of the mayors, who are financed by the cartels.” Among the crime syndicates in the region is the Sinaloa cartel, once controlled by Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, who is now serving out a life sentence in the US.

It may be hard for some to believe that last statement by LeBaron but I believe it to be true simple because I have had friends who have said the same thing... How do you fight something like that; open borders ? (sarc)
www.borderlandbeat.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Yes, it is a very sad story.
What is sad these days is that we now can go to any international paper on the net and just read how "sic" people have become. Its really a major disease these days. I don't think we have to worry about population explosion anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
What is sad these days is that we now can go to any international paper on the net and just read how "sic" people have become. Its really a major disease these days. I don't think we have to worry about population explosion anymore.

Funny you should mention population as I read an article in the last few days saying Japan is down to 1.2 on the replacement scale of 2.1 just to maintain current levels. Many other western and European countries are in the same predicament. Only Muslim countries seem to be increasing as far as birth rates but... they seem to kill each other enough to almost balance stuff out.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: musicismagic

Funny you should mention population as I read an article in the last few days saying Japan is down to 1.2 on the replacement scale of 2.1 just to maintain current levels. Many other western and European countries are in the same predicament. Only Muslim countries seem to be increasing as far as birth rates but... they seem to kill each other enough to almost balance stuff out.

yes, Japan only had about 800000 new babies this year, and the deaths are about 1.5 million.
what people don't realize is that out of the new births, many will be born or develop handicaps. Those will only have limited functions in this society. Here, still welfare is very much looked down upon and very hard to qualify. Also, if you belong to the yakuza or other gangs, forget any welfare help and that is a fact.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It may be hard for some to believe that last statement by LeBaron but I believe it to be true simple because I have had friends who have said the same thing... How do you fight something like that; open borders ? (sarc)

That's what happens when you have independent localised power centres. If the municipal police is controlled by the mayor then you have only one true power source, the mayor, who is a politician, and, as a consequence, subjected to other influences.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

That's what happens when you have independent localised power centres. If the municipal police is controlled by the mayor then you have only one true power source, the mayor, who is a politician, and, as a consequence, subjected to other influences.
That is not an accurate reason...how do you explain corruption in large centralized structures?

In fact locally derived power includes more checks and balances for the local population. The problem is whether or not a commonly held structure is in place assuring a clean vote and a smooth transfer of power.

Mexico has been corrupt for quite some time and frankly, without the right to bare arms...they are forever victims of those that have arms.

That right there...is why

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
That is not an accurate reason...how do you explain corruption in large centralized structures?

That depends, corruption at what level?

In fact locally derived power includes more checks and balances for the local population.

OK, who controls what the local police does?

Mexico has been corrupt for quite some time and frankly, without the right to bare arms...they are forever victims of those that have arms.

People in the US have the right to bare arms, does that mean that there isn't corruption at local levels, similar to what happens in Mexico? No, corruption still exists, corruption is based on power and on the fact that someone wants more power and is willing to pay for it, in money or by doing things to help powerful people.

The right to bare arms is just a decoy to make people think that they have the power to control how things happen in their country, when in fact the power lies somewhere else, in the knowledge of how to change the system and in the will to make that change.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This is a let-down and I hope the arrests continue. It looks like the police chief is the scapegoat. I would go so far as to say the prosecutors are part of the problem too.

top topics

join