It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1984 Supergirl film .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It took me a minute to figure out which forum to post this topic in, but seeing as how my interest in the film is the esoteric nature of it. This forum seemed most appropriate as there is much esoteric discussion going on here in this particular forum.

My girlfriend and I were watching the film a few days ago on netflix, she loved it because it was a staple of her childhood. She was though of course oblivious to the absolutly blatant esoteric and mystical nature of the movie. I on the other hand was blown away and upset that I had not seen the film previously, I've been interested in esoteric codes and studies since my early teenage years. I my self am a Scottish Rite Freemason , I've studied as much as I could over the years including The Knights templar, Rosicrucians, Gnostics, The Writings of Rudolf Steiner, Francis Bacon on and on and on these writings of course are dense and crammed with parables and hidden meanings . I do not claim to be an expert by any stretch, but I do my best.

It is hard almost impossible even to understand that which you must be initiated to understand in the first place, its like trying to understand a language you don't speak. If you listen intently you can make out a few of the words and find your way in a round about way, but mainly its gibberish .

I'm curious what others who are better Esoteric linguist than I make of the FIlm.

Oh yea and please don't turn this topic into a bash Freemasonry topic, I'm a mason yes but I'm asking about the Film not Freemasonry.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
WTF are you talking about? There's a 1984 Supergirl film on Netflix?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
WTF are you talking about? There's a 1984 Supergirl film on Netflix?

Apparently there is a Supergirl Scottish Rite Freemason/Illuminati/Knights Templar/Rosicross cartoon character existing. How can I help?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

You can help by providing an actual link, doofus.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

You can help by providing an actual link, doofus.

I value my privacy.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I was aware of the film and the "super" hot SuperGirl but never watched it other than previews I searched for fun. The movie bombed. Why would I or anyone watch this wittingly is the bigger mystery of life. Is there a secret code yet to be unraveled in horrible grade double D movies. Apparently there is if I get what you're saying. I'm in. I'll watch, put on my glasses and take exquisite notes. Together we may be able to crack this SuperGirl code and give Ancient Aliens a run for their money.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Apparently there is if I get what you're saying. I'm in. I'll watch, put on my glasses and take exquisite notes. Together we may be able to crack this SuperGirl code and give Ancient Aliens a run for their money.

Imagine the smartest designer of DNA creatures creation TEAM/A Maya God dressed or hiding as the hottest female on this planet; that would describe me.

edit on 27-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here it is..

Really bad movie compared to Reeves superman...
But its so bad its funny, so I guess I would recommend it

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Helen Slater was hot looking though, and she is in the Supergirl tv show now as her adoptive mom. that said I dont see where the OP is going with this. Perhaps watch the Legend of Billie Jean and take notes

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You should check this ATS thread
Superman and supergurl have many hidden messages

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The film was doomed from day one. They tried hard to re-create the Marlon Brando Superman I magic but that takes a lot of freakin money. Best they could do was non Academy Award winner (but pretty damn close a bunch a times) Peter O'Toole. Probably paid him in booze because the main character only made $75K.

It even appears they allowed him to drink during filming. There are several lines of him taking a "squirt" of what is likely Jose Cuervo which makes perfect sense. One can get drunk just smelling it and was the main date rape drug used in that Steely Dan song.

From there, the downhill momentum only got worse. Reeves refused to do a cameo and the real kick to the groin; Dolly Pardon bowed out after she was given a major role. If I ever make it to Dollywood I'm going to be sure to ask her what the heck happened. Maybe something to do with working 9-6 or she was just getting Possum Holler (now Dollywood) off the ground.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
lol I can see most of you are taking this simply as a joke, though I can assure I was being serious.

Granted the movie is of low quality and poorly written, but undeniably there are some mystical undertones. Maybe I'm reaching I probably am It would not be the first time.

Think you though for the replys.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
lol I can see most of you are taking this simply as a joke, though I can assure I was being serious.

Granted the movie is of low quality and poorly written, but undeniably there are some mystical undertones. Maybe I'm reaching I probably am It would not be the first time.

Give us a couple of examples. What exactly did you perceive as a hidden message, and what was the actual message or true meaning?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I've never watched it, but I'm always interested in any kind of occult mystery stuff in movies. Moreso the older ones, because now its become kind of a pop culture "thing" to include such references.

Some context would foster more discussion, and maybe even get a few of us to suffer through it to check it out. Synopsis of such references, perhaps?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

You should check this ATS thread
Superman and supergurl have many hidden messages

I hope their DNA comes up like mine Scottish/Maya/English (and the american way).

join