It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Says He Will Not Comply With Potential Senate Impeachment Trial Subpoena

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

“Do you stand by your earlier statements that you wouldn’t comply if you were subpoenaed to testify in an impeachment trial before the Senate,” a board member asked.

“Correct, and the reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life, trying to take the focus off him,” Biden said, calling any suggestions that he do so “a diversion” from Trump.

“Doesn’t that position you as if you’re defying a subpoena, putting yourself above the law?” asked the Register.

“Well, look, the grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious, so I don’t anticipate that happening anyway,” he responded.

dailycaller.com...

Nuh Uh. If this is going to Senate trial with witnesses, then by Crom let's get it ALL out in the open. I smell a rat. And where there's smoke there is usually fire.

Not to mention that by not complying, he would be in contempt of court. While it remains to be seen if, and how long it will take, for there to be a Senate trial, this double down by Joe Biden (the second time he has said so), begs questions of why he wouldn't. It is suspicious, as in what is he trying to hide. Or coverup. Namely, the accusations of a MASSIVE money laundering scheme funneling millions into Democrat's hands through Burisma associates and his son Hunter Biden.

The plot thickens. Is Hunter Biden going to refuse a subpoena too? Fine, then throw em ALL in jail.
edit on Fri Dec 27th 2019 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The impeachment is not about collecting actual evidence.
It's just a hail Mary by the dems to avoid another failed presidential election.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So Joe is on video bragging about a Quid Pro Quo he did while VP.

And now wants to obstruct Congress?

Hmmm...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
He and his son need a new home promptly. The big house. We already have a video of his shady deeds. He must be brought to justice. Lock that swamp rat up!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Video available here:
www.desmoinesregister.com... 9398001/

"I didn't have sex with that woman!"

Uh huh.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

How did you find my communist newspaper of all sources?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
We all saw that one coming.
Hopefully we will get to hear the 3 phone calls Joe had with with the Ukrainian president soon.

originally posted by: drewlander

How did you find my communist newspaper of all sources?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Delware is the MOST CORRUPT state when it comes to forming shell companies. Will someone please ask him why. These companies are also tied to UKRAINE which, get this, is one of the most corrupt countries when it comes to laundering money. Them and RUSSIA.

Joe? Why is your state so corrupt. He was a Congressman in Delaware for almost 40 years. Why was he never concerned or said a word.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Duponts have a heavy influencea in Delaware.. Like the Rockerfellers had in NY. reply to: Stupidsecrets

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

“Correct, and the reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life, trying to take the focus off him,” Biden said, calling any suggestions that he do so “a diversion” from Trump.

Funny coming from a guy that's doing everything he possibly can to divert unwanted attention from his corrupt misdeeds.

When reading Biden's statement about Trump the first thing I thought of was this vid below. Biden's such a hypocritical lying POS.

Reporter gets a tad to close to home for Biden at mark 2:32, LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Every time President Trump resisted Democrats, CNN numb-nuts would ask "What's Trump Hiding?"

What have the CNN nutjobs said about Biden's refusal to cooperate with the Republican-led Senate?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Lock him up Lock him up

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hey; when Trump starts to campaign against the Democrat nominee, can he be impeached for interfering with the election?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I think a private citizen can legally refuse a Congressional Subpoena. If that's the case, and if enough members of the Senate vote to subpoena the Bidens (simple majority needed), the Senate Trial would drag on for many weeks.

That's why the three stooges (Pelosi/Schiff/Nadler) chose not to subpoena former White House council, John McGahn. It would have taken 3 to 6 weeks for a judge to rule whether McGahn Must testify, or not have to testify.

They were in a big hurry to impeach, because many House Democrats were coming out of the Pelosi-induced hypnosis, and would have correctly voted to not impeach President Trump.

But McConnell is in NO HURRY.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Hunter Biden was not in the Biden family Christmas photo this year.

www.foxnews.com...

Where's Hunter?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Not to mention that by not complying, he would be in contempt of court.

No. It would be contempt of Congress, the same charge they've impeached Trump for. Perhaps Uncle Joe is trying to show us how presidential he can be?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Why would they want Biden’s Testimony? He was not party to the president’s or any one in the administration actions.

Still would be funny to see the GOP try it.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"Joe Biden Says He Will Not Comply With Potential Senate Impeachment Trial Subpoena"

Good. Throw his a** in Gitmo for contempt. Let him rot alongside other enemies of the State.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Remember the phone call that the "whistleblower" used as the reason for the impeachment inquiry against President Trump to begin?

President Trump was accused of interfering with the 2020 presidential election because he asked the President of Ukraine, Zelensky, to investigate corruption that involved then US VP Joe Biden, among others, as well as Burisma....who just so happened to be paying Hunter Biden a boat load of money because his last name is Biden.

That's probably why they would subpoena Joe Biden.

originally posted by: Pyle
Why would they want Biden’s Testimony? He was not party to the president’s or any one in the administration actions.

Still would be funny to see the GOP try it.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

He was not party to the president’s or any one in the administration actions.

He is for his own...especially when one helped start this entire debacle,
Didn't think all the way on that one , did ya ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join