It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese company approved to run water mining operation in drought-stricken Queensland

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
When the currencies collapse, the governments go with it.
With that, the contracts are null.

Only way to enforce their claim to that property would be by force... If the local populace was armed, it would be unenforceable without a large occupation force.

I always thought it was odd how much foreign property China was buying up... until I also noticed how much they've been improving their military, too. A relatively cheap to build group of drones and robots, with IR vision would make it easy for a small force to defend a large area against a population.
(still not THAT cheap, but getting much cheaper- especially if you just need enough resolution to notice a signature and automatically focus a better sensor elsewhere on that target)

Just a thought- maybe they DO plan to take over airports, ship yards, etc when it comes unglued out there.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

And, to add insult to injury, they pay about 200$ a year for it..it infuriates me to no end.

And to think, a foreign company is extracting for less than pennies a gallon while a US city has undrinkable water.

That's austerity at its ugliest.

Politicians have sold the ground out from under its citizens.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Question why are they not using desalination of sea water?

My thoughts are that it's far less expensive to pay a minimal sum to drill or pump water than it is to set up desalinization plants. Cheaper to extract it this way and sell it back to the minions.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Water restrictions in BC? How's that work out? It's about 20 years since there but the one lingering memory is the weather reporter without fail starting the morning weather broadcast with "you guessed it, more rain" and all it did for a week is rain non stop.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

And, to add insult to injury, they pay about 200$ a year for it..it infuriates me to no end.

And to think, a foreign company is extracting for less than pennies a gallon while a US city has undrinkable water.

That's austerity at its ugliest.

Politicians have sold the ground out from under its citizens.

Certainly as in the case here in Aust. Why the cheap 99 year leases to a country that the pollies bitch about. Something stinks. The cost of a permit to extract water from my land during drought far exceeds these measly lease payments and I own my selection. Not to mention I have to have an Environmental Impact Study carried out before any permit is granted.

Got me buggered.

Bally

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Water restrictions in BC? How's that work out? It's about 20 years since there but the one lingering memory is the weather reporter without fail starting the morning weather broadcast with "you guessed it, more rain" and all it did for a week is rain non stop.

The weather has been shifting, hard to predict winter/summer, fall and spring fairly normal(usually rainy), but spring is happening earlier.

Oh ya, historically we get lots of rain, this summer was not great, but previous 2 or even 3 were scorchers, water restrictions both summers, and bad forest fires.
edit on 28-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I hate the Chiense for doing crap like this.

They'll sell us back bottled water for $3 a 600ml bottle now.

damn it...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is so obviously going to lead to some kind of disaster and suffering. I would think the die-hard environmentalists would be out in droves protesting. Climate change is one thing but here is a situation that is an example of over using resources that will impact the local people and fauna and the usual mouth pieces are silent as far as I know.

Where's Gretta?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth
I hate the Chiense for doing crap like this.

They'll sell us back bottled water for $3 a 600ml bottle now.

damn it...

Hate the politicians.

China isn't the only one who does this. Nesle and Coca Cola are pros at this.

But the fact Australia did this to where a country who's best interest is that your country goes through hardship means the politicians should be banished from the great AU. They're no countrymen.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm all for businesses
and utilization of natural resources

but this sounds really stupid and counterproductive.

take care of your home folks first.

by the time this starts impacting the crooks that took the bribes / payoffs will be comfortably retired.
kind of like the union officials that made the pension deals; the money is running out but they're on a beach somewhere ('not my problem').

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The are doing great at depopulating.
take all the water and burn it all.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
It's hard to fathom especially all the nonsense the respective governments carry on about China's expansion into the South China Sea yet here is expansion right under their noses and nothing is said. Kinda like it's hush hush on the mainland here.

I suppose that it depends on who gets the money.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

It's hard to fathom especially all the nonsense the respective governments carry on about China's expansion into the South China Sea yet here is expansion right under their noses and nothing is said. Kinda like it's hush hush on the mainland here.

True one that!

I'm gobsmacked mainstream media aren't interested.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

True one that!

I'm gobsmacked mainstream media aren't interested.

Kind regards,

bally

I guess, they gettin paid too!

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Reply to ballie left out your reply by mistake
One day it will be our only option, I live in the Midwest USA and one day our aqua filter will go dry from all the pumping by farmer and water companies!
edit on 28-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

My thoughts are that it's far less expensive to pay a minimal sum to drill or pump water than it is to set up desalinization plants. Cheaper to extract it this way and sell it back to the minions.

Kind regards,

Bally

One day it will be our only option, I live in the Midwest USA and one day our aqua filter will go dry from all the pumping by farmer and water

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

One day it will be our only option, I live in the Midwest USA and one day our aqua filter will go dry from all the pumping by farmer and water

I've experienced an aquifer being pumped dry on the edge of the Gibson Desert. This happened several times. Wasn't Gov or private enterprises.

Can't go much into the specifics other than..... You want to dry up a bore? Then for sure leave your taps running. How easy was it to turn off a tap. I saw them running every day. And I mean running taps. Water all over the place. Not just the above mentioned, it was people.

My solution was to use multi-grips to set the outside tap handles. Got a spanking for that. Meanwhile everyone's complaining when the water runs out. Did my head in.

My wife and I ensured we had plenty of bottled water.

Experience,

Bally

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

I've experienced an aquifer being pumped dry on the edge of the Gibson Desert. This happened several times. Wasn't Gov or private enterprises.

Can't go much into the specifics other than..... You want to dry up a bore? Then for sure leave your taps running. How easy was it to turn off a tap. I saw them running every day. And I mean running taps. Water all over the place. Not just the above mentioned, it was people.

My solution was to use multi-grips to set the outside tap handles. Got a spanking for that. Meanwhile everyone's complaining when the water runs out. Did my head in.

Experience,

Bally

Have they thought of putting meters on the taps that shut off when they have reached their lemit?

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Kind regards,

Bally

Experience,

Bally

Have they thought of putting meters on the taps that shut off when they have reached their lemit?

Can I put it this way, and I'm talking some years ago. The meters would be smashed. When everything is for free in a remote location you can't restrict usage and that includes human resources. This isn't the forum for me to go on regarding what the experience was other than to say, when there are no restrictions, due to peoples choice, then it who can use the most water even if it runs down the sandy road, evaporates or sinks into the land.

This isn't imagination, this is fact. It occurred not only where we lived but across the Tanami and Gibson deserts and we lived in the Tanami desert for a time as well.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001
Sounds like a bunch of doushes to me since we have plenty of them here in the Midwest of a different stripe though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join