It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facts About Islam - Truth or Hate Speech ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The Koran sanctions pillage, looting, ransom, and the rape of captive women as an incentive to join in jihad or "holy war"

The Koran allows a man to have up to four wives -- at any one time. He can divorce a wife by simply saying so 3 times

Mohammad had as many as 25 wives. One was six when they married; he was 54. He consummated the marriage when she was 9

Mohammed allowed temporary marriage "for three nights" or more, so that soldiers in the field could "marry" prostitutes

In Islam, the definition of what is "right" or "just" is not fixed, but changeable by divine decree -- enabling the most henous sins and crimes to be declared "the will of Allah"

The joys and glories of the Islamic "paradise" are tangible and sensual and include sex with virgins -- and young boys

As Mohammad progressed from visionary and teacher to warlord and ruler, his style and message became more depraved, violent and intolerant. It is these later "revelations" that are considered definitive by Islamic authorities when they conflict with earlier ones often cited for Western consumption

The Crusades were a belated military response to three centuries of Muslim aggression against Christian lands and peoples

Islam divides the world into the House of Islam (where Islam rules) and the House of War (where it doesn't). The two are permanently at war; there may be temporary truces, but peace will come only upon the completion of global conquest

When Muslims are a minority community, the Koran permits them to adopt a peaceful attitude to deceive their neighbors, until they feel strong enough to dispense with the pretense

The massacres perpetrated by Muslims in India are unparalleled in history, bigger in sheer numbers than the Holocaust

The myth of Islam's "tolerance" of religious minorities contradicts its teaching, history, and present reality

America's "ally" Saudi Arabia remains the most intolerant Islamic regime in the world, where the practice of any religion besides Islam is as strictly prohibited as in Mohammed's day

The first imam to deliver a Muslim prayer for the U.S. House of Representatives in 1991, declared in 1997 that Muslims will eventually elect the president and replace the constitutional government with an Islamic caliphate

Are these just the rantings of a lunatic or do they have any truth to them? Is there anyone here at ATS that is a Muslim? I doubt it, if you were you would probably be sick of the people here who say Islam is the religion of satan and the tool of the devil like MWM1331's signature. Or is it the tool of satan or is it a false religion or is it ___________? I don't know. You fill in the blank. But can you tell me about the above statements?

Are they the truth? Or are they hate speech directed at Islam?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
OOPS, thats pretty much hate speech what you quoted there.
A lot of it is incorrect, incomplete, taken out of context, etc, etc. Some of those things apply to certain sects of Islam or certain groups, but they do not apply to all Muslims in the world. Much like different branches of Christianity.

There are a few of us Muslims here, but we choose to ignore stuff like mwm1331's signature, there is no point in explaining anything to him, he has already made up his mind.

There are plenty of discussions about Islam around here, we usualy respond to stuff that is asked in civilised manner and discussion , like your post for example.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Most of those points are wrong of distorted in bad light.

The Quran specifically forbids war for material gain (4:94). Rape is not allowed at all. Jihad is not always meaning war either.

The wife can also divorce the husband just as simply. But yeah, 4 wives are permitted.

Muhammad had much less than 25 wives. They were not all at the same time either. The age of Ayesha( the one that has been mentioned), cannot be fully determined, and is debatable.

Marriage is taken very seriously in Islam. Although divorce is allowed it should be as a last resort. Marriage with the intention of divorce is not permissible. There is no such thing as a temporary marriage.

In Islam, what is right and just IS fixed. The laws are in the Quran and Hadith. After that, one is supposed to use common sense.

According to Islam, paradise will have many spiritual and sensual pleasures. It is a strange mentality that just because something is pleasureable, it is unholy. God is supposed to be ever-loving. Why would anyone be forbidden something just because it feels good, if it harms no one? Yes, sex will be one of the pleasures in paradise. One of the Hadith says that everyone will stay young in paradise. If that is what is meant by "young boys", then yeah.

I don't think the message of the Quran is violent or intolerant. There is no one part of the Quran that is taken as definitive over another. It all applies.

I have to say, the Crusades were one big f-up. The muslims were in control of Juresalem. They had been living alongside jews and christians for centuries. There came to power, however, one psychotic king (Hakim something), who burnt the Church in Juresalem. Although he was then dethroned and the Church was rebuilt, the Pope was still pissed off. He sanctioned Holy war against the muslims. However, on reaching Juresalem, the Jews and Christians were slaughtered as well.

Islam divides the world into nothing. Muslims must always be peaceful, unless they are under oppression.

I don't think that is an accurate statistic (about Muslims in India). There were small outbursts of violence when the country divided, but the numbers weren't as large as they are being portrayed. I am not justifying it, but the Hindus weren't all that peaceful against the muslims at the time either.

Although I agree that the Saudi's aren't exactly tolerant, it is ridiculous to say that it was the same in Muhammad's day. Muhammad forced no one into Islam, and stopped no one from practicing religion.

Sorry for going on like that. But, it was the simplest way to answer your question. I find it very silly when people start going on and on about how Islam is a tool of Satan, Muhammad was Satan etc. It is like they are trying to justify not being muslim. If someone doesn't wish to be a muslim, that is their wish. No one is forcing them. This stuff is most definitely hate speech

[edit on 9-3-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thank you both for taking the time outta your day to help me understand. From what I take it, it's just like I though. Hyped up words full of 'satan's tongue' just to get readers to buy a book.

I got these of a website trying to promote the sale of a book. It's seems sad that people will read these words and get interested in finding out more in that way.

Instead of reading the book, probably worse than the quotes above, I decided to seek answers here.

Give me a day or two to think about what you have posted. I have heard many things on both sides of all religions and would like to give you a proper response.

Thanks,

00ps

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is the koran based on the bible? by this i mean does the koran start off the same as the bible... genesis etc....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Quran shares many stories and legends with the Bible (Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc.), but it can't really be said that it is based off it. All these stories have variations, some of them are not at all like how they were in the Bible, sometimes with completely new facts.
The format isn't the same either. The Quran is compiled the longer chapters at the beginning, and the shorter ones at the end. It does have the story of Creation, but it is not the same as in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
The Quran shares many stories and legends with the Bible (Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc.), but it can't really be said that it is based off it. All these stories have variations, some of them are not at all like how they were in the Bible, sometimes with completely new facts.
The format isn't the same either. The Quran is compiled the longer chapters at the beginning, and the shorter ones at the end. It does have the story of Creation, but it is not the same as in the Bible.

Thank you for your answer!

Well if this is true then it tells me that the koran was copied and adapted to control people as such? If the majority of it is the same as the bible but tweaked? pretty much the same as henry the eighth did when he founded the english church no?

keep the story line the same but make a few changes that suit that person!?

top topics

join