It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

they've done it twice, as I understand it.

No reason to think they wouldn't do it again, if necessary...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have lived in Virginia twice in life. They are hell bent on car inspections, car taxes, they have the most perfect beautiful roads (the best in USA), and it was the Capital of The Confedate Nation. Some wealthy educated descendants have an over bearing self righteous attitude of inflicting their desires on others unconstitutionally. You have also families from pre revolutionary at era there as well. This gun thing probably is a mass shooting statement about society's mentally ill problem. Remember the Virginia poly tech college had a situation...
They have over a million deer there and are always worried about mad cow disease getting in the deer population and spreading that all over the USA. They have snakes, coyotes, bear, and mountain lions. Therefore, rounding up the guns is not going to happen. Crazy idea. What they need is to be extremely careful who the sell guns an ammunition to, and metal detect all public government buildings and schools.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Has any of these mental case Democrats talked about making people "comfortable" before any kill shots happen ?

😧

I recall that VA governor did discuss that about the future for newborn baby's that wait in the nurses charge while they decide if it lives or dies.
edit on 28-12-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So your arguement is that we dont need a militia to defend ourselves from possible government oppression because the government will defend us from...... the government?

What kind of logic is that?

A lot of folks in this thread, and on this website seem to live in a fairy tale of sorts, where unchecked government never does anything bad. That's rarely the case.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

That was sarcasm right? I couldn't take you seriously after you stated that Virginia has the most perfect beautiful roads.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Also I can't take anyone seriously who calls a magazine a clip. If you don't understand something your opinion about it is worthless to me.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hard to have a militia if you regulate guns out of existence.

Do you really need guns capable shooting a thousand rounds per minute with a 10,000 round clip (aka "Student Body Eliminator") ?

This is the most common error of perception; namely that "assault rifles"- semi-auto rifles with detachable mags are the SAME as machine guns. Not even remotely. The egislation is aimed at rifles that only fire once each time you pull the trigger. That is semi-auto. Full auto means pull trigger once and it keeps spitting bullets at 600-800 rounds per minute if it is belt fed.

The rifles as used by military and police can operate as semi-auto or full auto. Civilian versions of assault rifles are semi-auto only. One shot per trigger pull.

This is an educational issue that falsely equates machine guns and assault rifles and further true assault rifles from those commercially available to the public.
edit on 28-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: frugal

That was sarcasm right? I couldn't take you seriously after you stated that Virginia has the most perfect beautiful roads.

Real Virginia is South of Winchester to Charlottelsville , South of I64 and West of I95.. yeah we got damn nice roads around here for the most part. much better than Northern Roads which I spent a decade driving.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I don't know. I spent quite some time in the Hampton Roads area and the roads weren't exactly the best. Not the worst, but they could be better.

And south of Winchester and north of Charlottesville cuts out a decent chunk of Virginia.
edit on 28-12-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Can you show me a link for a “10,000 round clip” for sale?

Or more accurately, any picture of an actual magazine for a civilian purchasable firearm in excess of 100 rounds?

You crazies will not compromise at all.

Hey the crazy shoe is actually on the other foot. When machine guns were legal, say 1932, how many school shootings were there in America? I'll wait for an honest answer.

I'm pretty sure it's been said before but apparently you "crazy" liberals don't understand English. So, once more just for you: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

The difference isn't that there are guns now, there have always been guns in America. Always. The difference we're experiencing now is the root of the problem. Solve that problem and guns will have nothing to do with it anymore. Just like all those school shootings we didn't have in roughly the 200 years before they starting happening today.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? What are you, a nimrod?

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Loadstain

Please educate yourself on the difference between a clip and a magazine

7esl.com...

I am old school and we called a Magazine the location of the rounds or "Clips" there is a Magazine on every Fighting ship in the Navy that means the same. A magazine is where quantities are stored and it is OK to say Magazine or Clip when referring to a small number of rounds or ammo.OK to say either one lets not quibble.

But Magazine usually is the place that ALL the gunpowder items were to be stored for safety from the old School understanding. We had an Ammo Point where the Magazines are stored that during Basic I and three others were guarding with three rounds each in a clip/magazine in our ammo pouch and no chambered rounds (whoop T). Thank goodness we didn't have to worry too much but if someone wanted us out of the way, three rounds wouldn't last long.

ETA

We didn't have fast loading "clips" that dropped easily into the "magazine" back then.
edit on 29-12-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Worse he's a troll who thinks he's doing parody.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When a politician is sworn into office, they are supposed to be representing everyone in their district, not just the ones that voted them based on party lines. Yes, they can lean a little to that side, but they cannot abandon the concerns of those of the other political party completely, that is why we have policies and laws to protect everyone. The Liberals are not following the rules set forth by our forefathers that were put in place to protect all citizens of this country, even those of the other party.

Does this go for Trump as well?

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Can you show me a link for a “10,000 round clip” for sale?

Or more accurately, any picture of an actual magazine for a civilian purchasable firearm in excess of 100 rounds?

You crazies will not compromise at all.

Hey the crazy shoe is actually on the other foot. When machine guns were legal, say 1932, how many school shootings were there in America? I'll wait for an honest answer.

I'm pretty sure it's been said before but apparently you "crazy" liberals don't understand English. So, once more just for you: "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

The difference isn't that there are guns now, there have always been guns in America. Always. The difference we're experiencing now is the root of the problem. Solve that problem and guns will have nothing to do with it anymore. Just like all those school shootings we didn't have in roughly the 200 years before they starting happening today.

Why is that so hard to comprehend? What are you, a nimrod?

Al Capone, etc.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

There have been things hr's proposed that have been traditional Democrat positions.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Ahabstar

National Guard members will forcefully disarm their own relatives?

After Kent State there is no way. The UN is what it will take and that would be an act of War at that point.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Our Virginia Constitution expressly forbids this nonsense:

Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

law.lis.virginia.gov...

I am the militia.
Can't do that job with a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.

^^^Amen and worth re reading folks^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Well-
I’m no trumpster, but I would say that this president has actually governed from the middle, based on laws passed, EOs, and various trade agreements. His rhetoric is from the right, and he has stood by many right leaning (and what would have been just 20 years ago left-leaning) ideas, but he governs from center. If you disagree, please take a look at his policies.
Just because he doesn’t want transgenders in the military (Which the overwhelming majority of us don’t want) and didn’t allow embassies to wave the rainbow flag (while assigning more gay ambassadors than president Obama)...

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PapaBoogaloo

It comes from the same mind that looks at the large bureaucratic corporate system and declares it evil incarnate and then demands the large bureaucratic system of the government take it over arbitrarily and run it all because *that* large bureaucratic system could *never* be evil like the other one is.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: rickymouse
When a politician is sworn into office, they are supposed to be representing everyone in their district, not just the ones that voted them based on party lines. Yes, they can lean a little to that side, but they cannot abandon the concerns of those of the other political party completely, that is why we have policies and laws to protect everyone. The Liberals are not following the rules set forth by our forefathers that were put in place to protect all citizens of this country, even those of the other party.

Does this go for Trump as well?

Yes. I have not seen Trump actually attacking citizens though, just some of the Democratic politicians that are attacking him and some of the Media that are distorting what he says. Trump puts his foot in his mouth often enough in tweets, he does not need the media twisting everything he says to make it appear he is saying something other than stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join