It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: HalWesten

Yes, that is how I interpreted it as well. Speculative based on opinions. And yes, the GOA statement was a preemptive ''don't ya dare cuz if you do'' position.

And yes again, calling out the Guard is always held ''as an option'' by state authorities, be they Dems in powr or Repubs in power. This is a far cry from authoritarians threatening to call out the Guard though of course we can ''speculate'' that it is.

And President Trump can take control of the NG, and stomp that worm in to the ground

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I typed up a whole long reply to all this and decided while reading it to just say...VA is my home state...I grew up there and know it well. This type of thing will not fly and those who think it will are very mistaken. Just watch as VA stands up and says no...and makes a precedent for other states to follow!
edit on 27-12-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I hope you are correct. My understanding is there has been an influx of individuals not native to the state, which is why the state is now in this situation.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

It's always been a battle between the coastal areas full of military from all over and their families and northern VA which is much the same with a lot of people commuting to DC and being there for political work. Most of the state is very pro gun conservative but due to the way precinct maps are drawn and population the dems have worked their way to a full majority...after this though I think they might have a hard time regaining it...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I hope you are correct. My understanding is there has been an influx of individuals not native to the state, which is why the state is now in this situation.

Let me guess, migrants imported by the left to bolster democrat votes....

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Our Virginia Constitution expressly forbids this nonsense:

Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

law.lis.virginia.gov...

I am the militia.
Can't do that job with a Daisy Red Rider BB gun.
edit on 28-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2019 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There's not much more that can be said.

Political cause and effect.

Group one wants to go Gestapo on people that haven't done anything, but been made a criminal for practicing their inalienable right secured by not one one amendment but several in the bill of rights.

The second, and the rest that deal with DUE PROCESS, and the 14th that says something like No state shall make or enforce any law.

Group two says Nazi's don't play that.

Anyoen that supports Group one your on the wrong side of civil liberty, and the wrong side of history.

Because as it turns out. Authoritarians ALWAYS get their come upens.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You are missing the point. The problem with you 2nd Amendment right wing lunatics if there are NO restrictions you will consider okay. Flip this around and you tell me which guns you think should be banned because they have too much fire power, too big of a clip, or too fast of a rate of fire?

too fast of a rate of fire? It's time for you to get some education before you speak again.

Semi-auto. For each pull of the trigger, one round is fired. In order to fire another round, you have to pull the trigger again. Your rate of fire is how fast YOU can pull the trigger. Not the weapon. Derp.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I'm in the mountains in southwest va. I'm from upstate New York. The idea that they would confiscate all the guns from the new Yorkers is crazy enough. Like I said, the first week of hunting season was like an unofficial holiday in the high school I went to, probably still is.
But, you want to send people into those little mountain communities to take their guns?? Good luck with that one. You best send an army. And then if you succeed, well, congratulations, but, I wonder, how many have you forced into the welfare office because they were relying on their hunting skills to feed their families? I just cant take the idea that they would send the national guard around to do it, unless it's just a narrow selection, like the aks, the bump stocks, and the silencers, along with some types of ammo.
But, we do have to do something more than offer our prayers and sympathy when it comes to the mass shootings that seem to be happening at an accelerated rate. And taking some type of gun regulation off the table because of "my rights" is disingenuous. They can, and have passed restrictions and regulations in the name of public safety in the past as in the case of machine guns. I'm not saying that it's the answer now, I dont know weather it is or not. Personally I think if people would be more responsible with their freedom of speech on boards such as this one and quit feeding the mania of the crazies it would probably more effective but then we run into the but my rights argument with that. We were gifted with very precious gifts but with them came a great deal of responsibility. If we abuse those rights or act so irresponsible with them that it undermines the security and stability of the country though, we will put our leaders in the position where they have little choice but to curtail those rights since if the govt loses control, there is no one to ensure anyone their rights. It will be a matter of who has the most people and the best weapons taking what they want from those with less. And, I dont care how strong you are, how well you think you are armed, there will always be someone who pops up stronger with better weaponry. That is the story of mankind.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Unless its modified, then it can fire till it melts your hands if you are stupid enough to keep firing, that's if it doesnt blow up on you..

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Knowing a bit about those mountain roads and towns myself. Taking the guns by force is the easy part. Getting back down off the mountain with them will be the real trick.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Why hasn't the national guard been deployed to ensure the rights of Americans are upheld?

Why should Virginians be second class citizens? VA residents are morally and historically justified in resisting this BAMN

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Knowing a bit about those mountain roads and towns myself. Taking the guns by force is the easy part. Getting back down off the mountain with them will be the real trick.

Agreed

They all sleep somewhere.

Americans should be ready to go to war over this and other issues RE the BOR to ensure the rights off all citizens are upheld without infringement

Government can't regulate a right it didn't grant in the first place. Citizens must make sure it is extremely costly for any traitors engaging in anti-Constitutional regulation of A RIGHT
edit on 12/28/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The people of Virginia have been doing it right thus far. They peacefully assembled locally, petitioned their local governments to pass a resolution (a statement) that they stand with the people. And now are taking that position and petition to the State level, with an assembly in Richmond on Jan 20, 2020 to verbally petition and be addressed.

So far they have received ridicule and threats from the State. Some have answered those threats with threats of their own. But at this time all threats have been defensive. They seem to not want to be the aggressors but sound as though they will fight if attacked.

Seems a fairly reasonable and measured response so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: infolurker

I just think this clearly shows how little democrats and the left think about the Constitution and the rights of American citizens.

Or else they wouldn't even be "speculating" about this.

To them the constitution is like a buffet. Just pick and choose what you like, ignore what you don't, and continue on.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
Hi Hal,

The governor's order is unlawful.

Under Title 32, the NG can perform law enforcement; however, the governor's order remains to be unlawful.

Reference is made to this website.

It would seem to be up to the adjutant general, to disobey his unlawful order.
There's an enormous amount of anti-American liberalism in Virginia, so things will turn ugly.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
You do realize that there are a few Democrats in the areas that are "sanctuary" I hope.
Maybe I am wrong, but I think the actual weapons that they are going after are the ak style CV weapons, bump stocks, and silencers... I am probably wrong in that understanding, but it's not like the op, or anyone else that has actually clarified just what they want to confiscate, if anything. All I know is that all of a sudden counties and cities around here started deciding where they wanted to stand on the issue, and I am wondering just what kinds of weapons I can offer sanctuary to. Maybe I will write to my county representatives and ask them if out sanctuary extends out to missile launchers... and if not, why not.

If I could give you a 'negative karma' vote for being naive, I would.

It's stupid ideas like this that are letting them trample our rights.

PS it's not a silencer, it's a suppressor and it protects law abiding citizen's hearing. Maybe you should go read up on barrel shrouds. You know shroud=dead people? LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Whatever the case, anyone who tries to take my guns will be shot. Its also very easy to build a shotgun for less than $30 in parts from any hardware store, as well as, chemical weapons like chlorine gas & acid bombs to help protect ones liberties.

The 2nd amendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." For most of the ignorant leftists who failed grammer class a comma means 'and'. Meaning, A well regulated militia is necessary for the security of a free state and the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. If this is still confusing to you then you need to read the federalist papers, where our founding fathers explain the constitutions meaning in detail. The 2nd amendment evolved from the British Magna Carta, regarding one's natural right to self-defense, which evolved form Jesus's teaching regarding a natural right to self-defense. Jesus said to his disciples "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Jesus knew that his followers would be threatened, and he upheld their right to self-defense. The constitution was created to protect the natural rights of the people, not to protect tyrannical government politicians & deep state operatives.

Democrat politicians should all be tried for sedition. They're domestic enemies of the U.S.. They routinely violate  their oath of office without any consequences for their actions. They swore an oath to 'support & defend the constitution'. Most Democrat politicians violate the 2nd amendment with calls for restrictions/bans on guns. They violate the 12th amendment with calls to end the electoral college. They violate Article I, Section 2, Clause 3: Article I, Section 9, Clause 4, as well as, 4th & 5th amendments when they call for wealth & estate taxes. They also violate the 1st amendment by violating religious freedoms, freedom of press (excluding the CIA's MSM propaganda) & freedom of speech. They're also against due-process.

Congressional Oath
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

If AG Barr & the DOJ don't arrest all Democrat politicians & try them for sedition, we the people have been granted the ultimate authority to use the 2nd amendment against these tyrants. We the people own over 300 million guns & have hundreds of billions of rounds of ammunition. We also have the majority of police and military on our side to fight against Democrat politicians & deep state operatives. It should be a pretty quick revolution once it kicks off, when Democrat politicians try to take our guns.

Let me be clear, this is not a civil war. Americans will only target Democrat politicians, as well as, a few Republican politicians & Deep State (CIA/FBI) operatives who violated their oath of office without being charged/tried for sedition & not receiving 20 years in prison by the DOJ & judicial branch. Americans will not target their ignorant brainwashed leftist Democrat constituents.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How many federal, state, and local laws are there that regulate, in some fashion, firearms??

There are something on the order of 10,000 laws of either federal, state, and local variety.

Ten Thousand!!! That's only an approximation, but that's a staggering number. But one more law will do it...right??

It's an old trope, but an accurate one. Chicago has some of the strictest laws governing firearms in the nation...yet...murders by firearms are scarily common place. But another law will do it...break some magical threshold and bring safety to us all somehow.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

10,000 rds??

Cool! Where do I get one of those??

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join