It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Mad about ALL This Bill ? Get , Get Psycho With Me ! .........)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well, what we're seeing is people who do want to remove rights.

It doesn't matter if it's 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment or 5th Amendment.

They don't want us to have freedoms or rights.

It's really that simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

With all due respect - and I assure you I have a large amount of respect for you, your opinions and your arguments - but do you honestly think it puts the US in good stead on the world stage when you liken it or group yourself with the likes of Mexico and Guatemala?
Its hardly a ringing endorsement is it?

The US should aspire to far higher standards my friend.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, what we're seeing is people who do want to remove rights.

It doesn't matter if it's 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment or 5th Amendment.

They don't want us to have freedoms or rights.

It's really that simple.

Yes , Live FREE or Die Bill . Talk About Ultimate Choices...........
..........(

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ive read where he can... Lets hooe so..a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

175 countries allow civilians to own arms, but those are the only three to protect the right to own arms.

Although I hear that Mexico has changed because there is only one gun store in Mexico and no one in Guatemala can really afford them. Not the best neighbors to hang with, but each country makes their own choices.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The government has the responsibility, and need to provide enough of a sense of security that people feel safe enough to go about their daily lives. That means parents feel their kids are safe in schools, they feel safe in their workplace, or shopping, ect. Because, if they ever stop doing these things, even for a short time, things fall apart. It started out with mass shootings in schools, well away went the kids rights to privacy. They now have armed guards watching over them and it seems that more often then not, those guards are there to enforce rules onto them than to protect them. Well, the mass shootings have ventured into other areas, stores, concerts, bars, ect. The more they occur, the less secure people will feel, the less the will want to risk being in these crowded areas, the more they will cry to the govt to do something... and, either we will see them doing something about the guns, or we will have metal detectors and armed guards everywhere we go... which is basically my idea of a police state.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

" The government has the responsibility, and need to provide enough of a sense of security that people feel safe enough to go about their daily lives..."

Hell NO they Don't ! Personal Defense is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT . Don't Let These A Holes in Goober Mint Tell You Otherwise Son .........

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

All you're doing is advocating for laws against law-abiding people.

Criminals don't obey laws.

If you really wanted government to do something that didn't remove rights and freedoms, you'd be advocating for harsher penalties against those who violate gun laws.

Like death penalties for anyone committing a crime with a weapon.

But no, you'd rather sacrifice freedoms and rights for a bigger government who regulates everything so you can FEEL safer.

You'd rather infringe upon my rights than punish those who already have.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Just an observation but once upon a time schools had gun clubs that shot skeet after school. Kids would bring shotguns to school every day. Of course they God in school back then as well.

What changed...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

First, I am not you son! I doubt if your old enough to even have a daughter my age. More than likely, i should be calling you son!!
And, yes they do!! I ain't saying that you dont have the right to protect yourself, but i imagine if you had a gang of armed hoodlums raising hell in your neck of the woods you wouldn't think twice about expecting the cops to respond when you called asking for help!!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Being a retired National Guard officer I can clearly say, there is no way the National Guard gets involved in this situation without Federal approval. The Two Star knows his loyalty is to the Commander in Chief FIRST. It's not to some flimsy confused State Governor.

If it is unclear, it will be made clear by the boss who is Commander In Chief Donald J Trump. The Governor at that point will understand what power actually means. It means getting your face shoved in the dirt and there is nothing you can do about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Like I already pointed out, ain't no one running around killing a bunch of people with machine guns!! So, ya, seems like we can pretty much keep some weapons out of the hands of criminals...
And, I dont care what kind of penalty you slap onto those who are going around mass shooting a bunch of people! Most of them arent planning on sticking around long enough to face any consequences anyways..

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You actually can legally own a missile launcher and use it on your own property assuming you have enough property to safely fire it on. To do so you have to possess and ATF Class 3 license, and pay a lot of money to buy one (and missiles) but it is legal. It is also legal to own a machine gun in the US... the price point is ridiculous, but it is legal.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I really hope the morons try it.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Many guns can be illegally adapted to become fully automatic, yet strangely enough that doesn’t seem to be a problem either.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Like I already pointed out, ain't no one running around killing a bunch of people with machine guns!! So, ya, seems like we can pretty much keep some weapons out of the hands of criminals...
And, I dont care what kind of penalty you slap onto those who are going around mass shooting a bunch of people! Most of them arent planning on sticking around long enough to face any consequences anyways..

I see people who want to infringe on the 2nd Amendment as no better than those who would infringe upon any other Right.

Sorry.

To me, any one who deliberately wants to infringe upon rights is fascist.
edit on 27-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: Network dude has great beer

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Now I remember why I generally don't go past page three on any pro/anti firearm thread.
This is literally an argument between people who like the 2nd and at least one person who thinks its insane.

Did I actually just see someone claim that if tanks were legal to own we'd be having banks being robbed with tanks?
If you have the right set of licenses, you CAN own a fully functional tank. Just like a fully automatic rifle.

But if you've got that kind of money, it's a lot cheaper to buy the tank without the permits.
Same for a fully automatic weapon.
People make miniguns all the time on youtube- anyone good with their hands can make this stuff. Anyone good with their mind doesn't need to- they can come up with more suitable solutions.
Again- just because you CAN doesn't make it legal.

Owning a minigun doesn't make it legal.
Shooting up a school IS NOT legal. No matter what you use- and generally it's done with handguns.

These arguments are silly.
Criminals break laws- if someone wants to kill they're going to kill... I don't want to be in a society where they feel safe killing wherever they go, knowing nobody else is armed.

I saw someone else saying they can't be trusted with missiles- well, I DO have enough land to safely play with rockets, and enough to safely play with explosives- but the laws are a constant reminder that I could lose everything if I piss off the wrong nanny state loving dildo.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The 9th circuit court is almost always overturned. Literally has an 80% overturn on cases brought to them.

UPDATE: "Trump is filling the 9th circuit with CONSERVATIVES."
www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Gee, ya know what, god is still in the schools.. read up on your chrstian doctrine. He abides in the hearts of his people!! There is no power that can remove him from that place outside of the one who owns that heart! What you are complaining about is that the school isnt pushing your christian doctrine onto the kids. It's not that the kids cant pray, because they can have a private conversation with god anytime they want to but you want the school to lead the kids in their prayers, tell them what to pray, how to pray, give them the exact words to pray. Do you have any idea how many times I have pulled my energy out of lead prayers because all of a sudden it was like, oh wow, what is this guy talking about? Never mind god, just ignore me.

As far as the good old days when the guys would show up in the school parking lot.. I dont remember them ever having a gun club but when hunting season came, oh ya, they would have their hunting gear in their trucks ready to fly off on friday.. that's if they ever showed up to begin with. The first week of hunting season was like an unofficial holiday it seemed. But then alot of those guns were double barrel shotguns..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join