It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ketsuko

And kids have the right to go to school without worrying about some madman gunning them down in large numbers in such a short amount of time. I would say, they have a need to be able to do that.
If the crazies are running around with semi automatic rifles, the peacekeepers will have to boost their weapons a notch or two above that.

So then you are saying they should rescind those retarded "gun free zones" at schools, so that crazies wont be able to go there anymore and shoot with impunity or fear of good citizens shooting back. Now that IS a good idea.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hard to have a militia if you regulate guns out of existence.

Do you really need guns capable shooting a thousand rounds per minute with a 10,000 round clip (aka "Student Body Eliminator") ?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ummm.. maybe read the posts before you respond? The argument I was contesting was the idea that if you banned a type of gun, the criminals would still have it. When was the last time you saw anyone wandering around with a machine gun? How many school shootings involve a machine gun? Obviously, the restrictions that were slapped on them worked. Maybe nor over night, but in time they seem to have been quite effective.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Isnt that what we are doing to the schools? Kids have to carry their things in clear bags, armed security walking the halls, doors locked, high fences...
But, hey, you get to keep your guns no matter how crazy you might be, so everything's cool.
We the people will never be able to compete with the modern day military. The more well armed the unlawful are, the more power our 'protectors' will bring down on all of us.

Do you enjoy being on the side that wants to remove freedoms and rights?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Ya, machine guns were pretty much banned back in the 1920s or 1930s or so... you cant go into your nearby walmart and buy one.

What would possible go wrong if Stinger Missiles were legal for home defense?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Can you show me a link for a “10,000 round clip” for sale?

Or more accurately, any picture of an actual magazine for a civilian purchasable firearm in excess of 100 rounds?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

a reply to: RickyD

Ummm.. maybe read the posts before you respond? The argument I was contesting was the idea that if you banned a type of gun, the criminals would still have it. When was the last time you saw anyone wandering around with a machine gun? How many school shootings involve a machine gun? Obviously, the restrictions that were slapped on them worked. Maybe nor over night, but in time they seem to have been quite effective.

I agree. Having regulations on certain types of guns is not "banning". I'm all for allowing people to legally own the "British land Patter Musket" the most popular gun during the time of the Constitution was created.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I think I already answered that in one of my previous posts where I am talking about my dream..

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

So long as you start posting by quill pen and carrier pigeon. Got to be fair, right?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Can you show me a link for a “10,000 round clip” for sale?

Or more accurately, any picture of an actual magazine for a civilian purchasable firearm in excess of 100 rounds?

You are missing the point. The problem with you 2nd Amendment right wing lunatics if there are NO restrictions you will consider okay. Flip this around and you tell me which guns you think should be banned because they have too much fire power, too big of a clip, or too fast of a rate of fire?

You crazies will not compromise at all. All you do is throw mud at Democrats. I'm sick of it. You are people are insane. If military tanks were legal they would be used in bank robberies. If Stinger Missiles were legal hundreds of people would die in jets being shot down.

You tell me what regulations are enough? I"m so sick of this stupid wedge issue that plays the Republicans like a fiddle.

edit on 27-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

(post by dfnj2015 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Civilized countries have laws. You can always leave this country and move to place that has no gun restrictions if it matters this much to you.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Civilized countries have laws. You can always leave this country and move to place that has no gun restrictions if it matters this much to you.

Since the current laws under THE CONSTITUTION are fine by me, why not go somewhere where you can enjoy infringing upon the rights of people?

Why do you want to take away freedoms and rights?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Actually, I am working with a nonpartisan group currently to convince elected and appointed officials at the local level to acknowledge that the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land. But thanks for assuming.

But under current gun laws, would it be possible for Congress to grant a Letter of Marque? I can’t purchase necessary arms and equipment to engage a threat that can, such as drug cartels or human traffickers.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Your right to own a semi-auto equipped with a bump stock shouldn't require all of us to lose a myriad of rights because the crazies are going wild with them. We shouldn't have to turn our schools into fortresses with armed guards before we can slap some restrictions on who can own a gun and what kind of guns we will allow.
What those restrictions should be, I have no idea but i kind of get the impression that some wouldn't accept any kind whatsoever... hey, let's backtrack and let the automatic machine guns back on the streets so the good guys and bad guys and really go to town!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

US, Mexico, and Guatemala are the only countries in the entire world that specifically protect the right to bear arms.

And pointing out hyperbole doesn’t make me insane. Continuing to point out your mistakes and expecting you to learn anything is insanity. But got to give it the old college try.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Take an American Citizens Firearms AWAY > ?

Yeah , I Wanna Get Psycho Too Over That Mr. Man ..............!

BAN This .............

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So you want to infringe on my rights because it makes you feel safer.

You want to make laws that would only affect law-abiding people, not criminals.

You want to side with a more controlling, more authoritarian government.

Shocked face.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And you would rather we erect a police state with the authority to run rampant over many of our rights and freedoms before you are willing to see any attempt to prevent the the wrong people from getting their hands on high powered weapons that can discharge a whole lot of bullets in a matter of minutes.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And you would rather we erect a police state with the authority to run rampant over many of our rights and freedoms before you are willing to see any attempt to prevent the the wrong people from getting their hands on high powered weapons that can discharge a whole lot of bullets in a matter of minutes.

You are making no sense.

Wanting more freedom, wanting the freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution, is what I want.

You're the one supporting the police-state and you are the one who wants to infringe upon my rights.

Own it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join