It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hard to have a militia if you regulate guns out of existence.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Typical Leftist: Nahhhhh, they won't take your guns!

Virginia Governor: Hold my beer, and KKK hood.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
The third reason I hear often is the tyrannical govt, foreign invasion bit, which might have been something that would be relevant in the founders time but in this time is really quite laughable. Unless, of course you desire to throw in the fighter jets, missile launchers, and all those neat toys most modern armies are equipped with.

...because the US military was sooooooo successful in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. Let's face a simple fact, America's military only fights to win when both the Pentagon AND the troops are all in. Do you seriously believe a war against Americans fighting to secure their Constitutional Rights would be against an American military whose hearts were in it?

In short, yeah... obviously lives would be lost and the odds aren't in John Q Public's favor, but the same can be said about the Revolutionary war. Just because you or anyone else is afraid of semi auto rifles doesn't really hold water as a reason to violate the Constitution and restrict them.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And kids have the right to go to school without worrying about some madman gunning them down in large numbers in such a short amount of time. I would say, they have a need to be able to do that.
If the crazies are running around with semi automatic rifles, the peacekeepers will have to boost their weapons a notch or two above that.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I do not sacrifice liberty for some pretend safety.

No matter how many laws have been passed, madmen will still find ways to carry out those attacks if they want to. Guns come over the border as easily as drugs and trafficked people. Venezuela banned guns, so in theory, it's one of the safest places on earth, right? Go prove me wrong.

I mean, really, if madmen had that much respect for laws, then every one of those schools was a posted gun free zone, and they should have gone elsewhere.

edit on 27-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

So, why ain't they going into the schools with machine guns and killing our kids?
And, yous are giving up your liberties for a false sense of security.. your just too stubborn to realize it.
edit on 27-12-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The authoritarian Democrats have threatened to use force against the citizens of Virginia (and thus citizens of the United States) by utilizing the national guard to assault the people who refuse to forfeit their property to them.

It's just not true OP and I have proof

Obama Says

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So, why ain't they going into the schools with machine guns and killing our kids?

The way you lot scream about it, they may as well be. I'm not sure most of you know the difference. Are you sure they're not?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Ya, machine guns were pretty much banned back in the 1920s or 1930s or so... you cant go into your nearby walmart and buy one.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You just need to spend your time in gun free zones.

Putting up a sign saying guns are not allowed will always do the trick!

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Now for that I have a meme. Not funny but very educational.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Actually, they weren't. You can still own one. It just takes lots of licensing.

Not only that, but at least one of the SCOTUS justices made comments after the DC v. Heller decision that hinted that if someone challenged the restrictions on fully automatic weapons, this court might see things differently or at least re-examine the case.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Since we're sharing gun memes. . . .

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So long as I get my chainsaw bayonette.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yes, which I imagine makes it rather difficult for 18 and 19 year old kids to get ahold of one, thus, they arent using them in the school shootings, or all those shootings in chicago.
It seems that those restrictions worked.. doesnt it?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The year before that law passed (1934), you could mail order a Tommy Gun. In fact you could mail order guns until 1968. And it wasn’t until 1986 that you had to pass a background check. But back in 1933, you could buy whatever you wanted. But not with gold, because personal ownership of gold was prohibited. You had to sell your gold at $24/oz to the government who later declared the price to be $30/oz after they got your gold. And then later set the price to $35/oz which is where it remained until the Gold Standard ended in the early 1970’s. Making all US currency unpacked fiat currency.

Sure mobsters used legally owned gun in illegal acts like bootlegging alcohol, which was also illegal at the time. But most people were busy fighting to keep their money over keeping their guns. Meanwhile FDR was stacking the Supreme Court to keep his unconstitutional laws ruled as constitutional. Kinda an uphill battled when over a third of the country was in poverty and starving due to the Great Depression.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It seems that those restrictions worked.. doesnt it?

If we lived in your police-state utopia, then everyone would be really safe if everything was banned and no freedoms were allowed by the government.

If we had TSA in every school, store, mall, park, shop, street corner, then we'd never have to worry about the skeery guns.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I actually had a dream that I had my missile launcher..
Had it set up in my back yard and was testing it out, firing missiles down the mountain. My back yard ends with a nice cliff so when I say down the mountain, I mean way down the mountain. The thought came to me that i really had no idea where these missiles were landing but well it was so much fun firing them off. The dream ended when a SUV showed up and two men with some type of security badges walked up to me asking what the heck I thought I was doing. Come to find out my missiles were landing in some nice gated community..

I think I'll wait till I have a very large chunk of land before I get my missile launcher.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Isnt that what we are doing to the schools? Kids have to carry their things in clear bags, armed security walking the halls, doors locked, high fences...
But, hey, you get to keep your guns no matter how crazy you might be, so everything's cool.
We the people will never be able to compete with the modern day military. The more well armed the unlawful are, the more power our 'protectors' will bring down on all of us.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I actually didn't see that right in the constitution could you point out where it says kids have a right to go to school? Also no kid has brought a machine gun to school to shoot it up. Semi auto rifles and especially pistols seem to be the weapons of choice. In fact semi auto handguns are the weapon of choice for 90ish % of crimes involving guns period. I really wish you would take some time step out of your comfort zone a little and educate yourself about the matters you are speaking on. I'm sure you're an intelligent person when it comes to other topics...so why would you want to come here and come off as an idiot with each ignorant post? I truly hope you will take my advice on educating yourself on the topic and if you'd like help finding sources or material I would be glad to help... I'll even spend time looking for as nonbias stuff as I can get for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join