It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Point taken.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Thank you for that perspective. There is a lot to think about in all the backs and forths from this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Has the war started yet? Four gun control bills advanced

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I could see those four bills being passed. Although the one that would limit hangun purchases to one per month is more than a little contentious.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Lack of person to person sales also means that your firearm isn’t the same category of property that it once was. While it seems minor on the surface, there is very little difference between a full transfer to a FFL holder to do a direct sale to a direct buyer. In either case there is going to be a $25-ish fee for the FFL holder’s time to run the NISC check for you.

I know it sounds petty, but it is very close to the reality of that you do not own your car, the state does because the state holds the title. That is why the paperwork on a car lease (especially the lease from another state) has a ton more paperwork than a purchase. Read them if you want but everything is laid out to be absolutely sure they didn’t directly sell you a car outright. That the state indeed still owns the car.

If a firearm sale becomes that complicated, guess who will own the gun then? Think your ownership will still be grandfathered when you die and your son inherits your guns? That no transfer without a record law is very subtle.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

True, I agree. I disagree with that bill as well. Let's just say I'm glad I don't live there anymore. If I did I would definitely be with my buddies who are getting ready for the boogaloo.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is what happens when people actually believe we (The American States) are a "Democracy", and not a "Republic". The proposals they're trying to make as "law", is against the real "law".
One really can't stupid it down, any more simple, than that.
But yet, here we are, explaining to "lawyers" what, "SHALL NOT BE.... " means.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Shades of what's to come for VA?

This pro-firearms rights activist made a post before the New Zealand ordinance, and afterward, his home was raided.

This was a picture of his dangerous assault weapon he posted that fell under the ban because of its capacity.

I have uploaded to my website an image of my .22 calibre lever-action rifle, a low- calibre replica of the famous 19th century cowboy gun ("the gun that won the west"). If this bill is passed, this gun will become a prohibited firearm as the tubular magazine holds the industry standard of 15 cartridges. My .22 calibre semi-automatic would likely remain legal as it uses 10 cartridge detachable magazines. This is just one small example of how bad this bill is.

He used it to try to show that not just "scary assault rifles" would fall under the ban.

When the "voluntary buyback" (confiscation) failed miserably, the raids started, and he was hit. He and his family were detained and questioned while cops tore their suburban home apart on no other evidence than this post. The firearm in question was not there.

Is this what will come to VA?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join