It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia: The People vs The Authoritarian Democrats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The tea has been thrown into the harbor.

The authoritarian Democrats have threatened to use force against the citizens of Virginia (and thus citizens of the United States) by utilizing the national guard to assault the people who refuse to forfeit their property to them.

In response, The Virginia Citizens Defense League and GOA have put out a joint statement.

gunowners.org...

Should the Virginia General Assembly, along with the Virginia Governor or Attorney General, enact and attempt to enforce a law which is prohibited by Second Amendment to the U.S.Constitution, or Article I, Section 13 of the Virginia Constitution, and the pre-existing, inalienable rights of the People, then such law is of no legitimacy and void.

In response, local government officials who have sworn an Oath to uphold the federal and state constitutions unquestionably have the inherent power and the duty to refuse to enforce such unconstitutional laws, and even to protect the People against enforcement.

The Democrats are "all in" on this one. It should be interesting to see what happens next.

edit on 27-12-2019 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hope their idiot government officials try it. I also hope every single NG member defies the order based on their oath to uphold the Constitution. I then hope said officials try to have them arrested, only to have law enforcement arrest the officials for violating the Constitutional rights of those citizens. I hope not one single shot is fired unless the officials are tried for treason and found guilty. Even then I would rather see those officials in prison for life without parole.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
At the opening of the post, it says that the AG was asked for his legal opinion. So it is at this point an opinion. The entire letter from the GOA is a rebuttal to that ''opinion''.

In the first sentence of the quoted paragraph it states clearly, should... ''
Should the Virginia General Assembly, along with the Virginia Governor or Attorney General, enact and attempt to enforce ''

So I read, opinion and rebuttal..

As the entire letter is 12 pages long, where is the threat of using the National Guard that the AG and the governor have used to enforce this '' opinion''.?

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Let's not forget this governor is a racist baby killer. I'm not really sure why he's still in office. The decent people of Virginia should have already laid siege to the governor's mansion and strung the idiot up.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When a politician is sworn into office, they are supposed to be representing everyone in their district, not just the ones that voted them based on party lines. Yes, they can lean a little to that side, but they cannot abandon the concerns of those of the other political party completely, that is why we have policies and laws to protect everyone. The Liberals are not following the rules set forth by our forefathers that were put in place to protect all citizens of this country, even those of the other party.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think it's a pre-emptive move to make sure they don't. Also, Rep. Donald McEachin (D-Va.) said:

“And ultimately, I’m not the governor, but the governor may have to nationalize the National Guard to enforce the law,” he said. “That’s his call, because I don’t know how serious these counties are and how severe the violations of law will be. But that’s obviously an option he has.”

So it's speculation at this point, but there are Democrats who support doing this and every one of them would be in violation of 50 U.S.C. § 1541 if they approved that use of the National Guard.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Let's not forget this governor is a racist baby killer. I'm not really sure why he's still in office. The decent people of Virginia should have already laid siege to the governor's mansion and strung the idiot up.

I forgot about that, I listened to his pathetic excuse of an approval of that procedure.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If Virginia heats up, can’t the President Federalize the national guard to restore order and enforce the constitution?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is a really bad situation that could get a lot of decent folk hurt.

I think it's best the governor back down and drop the thing entirely.

This definitely isn't the way to reduce incidents of gun violence ...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Yes, that is how I interpreted it as well. Speculative based on opinions. And yes, the GOA statement was a preemptive ''don't ya dare cuz if you do'' position.

And yes again, calling out the Guard is always held ''as an option'' by state authorities, be they Dems in powr or Repubs in power. This is a far cry from authoritarians threatening to call out the Guard though of course we can ''speculate'' that it is.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I just think this clearly shows how little democrats and the left think about the Constitution and the rights of American citizens.

Or else they wouldn't even be "speculating" about this.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You do realize that there are a few Democrats in the areas that are "sanctuary" I hope.
Maybe I am wrong, but I think the actual weapons that they are going after are the ak style CV weapons, bump stocks, and silencers... I am probably wrong in that understanding, but it's not like the op, or anyone else that has actually clarified just what they want to confiscate, if anything. All I know is that all of a sudden counties and cities around here started deciding where they wanted to stand on the issue, and I am wondering just what kinds of weapons I can offer sanctuary to. Maybe I will write to my county representatives and ask them if out sanctuary extends out to missile launchers... and if not, why not.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Why not just turn people in, maybe the governor will reward you.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You know why, the alternative also had skeletons and then ... they were down to a Republican, and no one was going to allow that. I mean really! There are racistsand then there are Republicans.

/sarc

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

VIRGINIA STATE REPRESENTATIVE SUGGESTS NATIONAL GUARD BE CALLED TO FORCE ENFORCEMENT OF NEW GUN LEGISLATION

www.newsweek.com...

Virginia representative Donald McEachin suggested Wednesday that Governor Ralph Northam may have to call out the National Guard to enforce the stricter gun laws Northam wants to pass. Northam brought up the new laws after more than 70 places in Virginia plan on declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries.irginia representative Donald McEachin suggested Wednesday that Governor Ralph Northam may have to call out the National Guard to enforce the stricter gun laws Northam wants to pass. Northam brought up the new laws after more than 70 places in Virginia plan on declaring themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries.

McEachin commented on Northam's statement saying military force may have to be utilized to make sure gun laws are enforced.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Why don't the people of Virginia have recalls and get rid of the leaders that they don't like?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This definitely isn't the way to reduce incidents of gun violence ...

I think that's the idea they're going for.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yep, as I replied to member Hal Westen above. This guy says that is how it might be done, calling in the Guard. It is speculation among other possibilities as to how to deal with noncompliance with the governors orders. But the governor has not said this is how he would work it.

That article also points out that this McEachen also suggests the possibility of economic pressure. It's all speculative.

The Guard, according to that article also was approached by questioners and basically was non-committal stating that there had been on requests from the governor and that they declined to ''speculate'' on how it all might come down.

So what we have here is talk. Positioning and counter positioning. Legal opinions and counter opinions on the legality of it all. There was no ''threatening'' by authoritarians, just opinion and supposition.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The wording of the 2 laws in question are so vague that it basically makes anything past a lever action rifle with less than 10 round capacity as well as shotguns with more than 5 rounds illegal. Also any weapon with threaded barrel or any sort of attachment system like most ARs have illegal. The second law makes any kind of training or milita or anything of the sort including things like gunsmith training illegal. Its such an affront to the second amendment and the fine citizens of VA that those responsible should be impeached and then sued and made to take constitutional classes like one would do with alcohol safety classes after a DUI.

Edit to ad good description of what's banned and a link in the source to the bill.
edit on 27-12-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Turn them in for what? Only gunfire I hear sounds like it's from hunting rifles or maybe hand guns. Probably people trying to scare the bears out of their garbage. I dont have a problem with that and dont think the state legislatures are aiming their laws against hunting rifles and hand guns.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join