It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney characters say tourists inappropriately touched them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Walt Disney World employees who portray Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck each filed police reports this month claiming they were inappropriately touched by tourists.

The woman inside the Mickey Mouse costume went to the hospital with neck injuries caused by a grandmother patting the character's head, while the employees wearing the Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck costumes were groped by tourists, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office reports.

A 36-year-old woman who plays Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom told investigators a woman patted the head of her costume five times, causing it to slide down and strain her neck, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

The same day, the 36-year-old Disney employee who portrays Minnie Mouse posed for pictures with a man and his wife from Minnesota. Minnie Mouse gave the man a hug and he groped her chest three times, according to the sheriff’s incident report.

She alerted her supervisors and identified pictures of the 61-year-old man from Brewster, Minnesota. She decided against pressing charges.

On Dec. 3, deputies received a call about a guest mistreating a costumed character at an Animal Kingdom restaurant. A woman in her 60s asked if she could kiss Donald Duck, the incident report said.

Donald Duck agreed, but the situation escalated as the 18-year-old employee playing the character said the woman began touching and grabbing the character’s arms, chest, belly, and face. The employee moved toward another Disney employee for help, but the woman followed her, holding on, and then “frantically” put her hands inside the character’s costume, touching her chest, the incident report said.

Full story here

A grandmother patted the head of Mickey and sent the woman to the hospital with a strained neck? Minnie had her ta-ta's grabbed three times in one hug? Donald Duck was grabbed and touched by a woman who frantically put her arms in the Duck's costume and touched the bewbz?

Man... I don't even have any words over the sensitivity going on at Disney. But remember, ATS, if you go to Disney World, be cautious if you touchone of the characters, and no head patting. It looks like they barely have the neck muscles to hold their mask up.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Human beings touch each other inappropriately all the time.
Not hard to believe that some of these are true and did happen.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That's goofy.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's goofy.

Eh eh eh eh eh!

I see what you did there...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Have you ever been patted on the head by a granny, so hard that your neck almost broke? Me either.

This is more about that part. But if you read the full story, you'll see that no charges were pressed. I think there was some exaggeration going on. Has anyone ever honked your boob three times during a hug?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that this kind of thing has been going on since the beginning of people wearing these costumes, and the are probably all forewarned about it and how to deal with it. Probably not the first time Mickey mouse has been patted on the head and mini was groped.
Only difference now is the people in the costume don't know how to deal with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's goofy.

That's okay.

You can no longer "feel goofy" though.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

When it comes to inappropriate touching, Joe Biden should be the reference point as to what is considered normal (by main stream media standards) versus inappropriate.

According to MSM, Joe Biden is simply overly affectionate when he gropes and sniffs women and children therefore the Disney gropers are just being overly affectionate and at the very most, careless without intent.

God bless precedent and the presumption of innocence...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
the neck thing is a workers comp issue, not an assault issue.

The other 2 would likely never go anywhere in court, unless there is some understating in the report.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

There are all kind's of weirdo's in this world and one is people dressing up as Disney character and stuffed animal's before having nookie, really I mean where the hell do we get people like this from and all I can think is if teddy bears could talk (poor things).

Meh I think that Darth Mickey is getting the karmic backlash for trashing star wars and it is he that is 'feeling' the dark side of the force, I just feel sorry for the kid's that have to pretend to be these characters and get pestered by weirdo's.

Not my usual fair (more into UFO's and sunken city's that kind of crap) but a very humorous thread that show's up a dark side of the human psyche and of course pervert's will be pervert's, still I had to laugh at the thought of an old grandmother wanting to find out if her child hood sweetheart Mickey Mouse was all mouse.

edit on 27-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Has anyone ever honked your boob three times during a hug?

Yes.

Have you ever been patted on the head by a granny, so hard that your neck almost broke?

I said some of these accounts are true not all.

Have you ever been to disney world? People treat those workers in costume bad all the time. I've seen it.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Human beings touch each other inappropriately all the time.
Not hard to believe that some of these are true and did happen.

It has happened for years and most of them have been silent. In the Disney search for ever more money I'm willing to bet they've fired hundreds of people that complained about it. They are obligated to protect employees from sexual harassment even from outside sources. This will all end up as a class action eventually.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

the bewbz?

Would that in another language be the dinky-ducky-dong?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Costume character heads can be pretty heavy. My alma's mascot head used to be upwards of 40lbs, but the guy wearing it always had to be in top shape since he did pushups with it on for every score. If Disney has heads that heavy, then they need to make sure the people wearing then are fit enough to handle it.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If Disney has heads that heavy, then they need to make sure the people wearing then are fit enough to handle it.

Or that weight needs to be put onto the shoulders (which I imagine it is).

As BFFT pointed out though, that sounds like a workers comp issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ummm. when you go to disney world, you might want a picture with your arm around a Mickey mouse. Not many people are going to know what the person in that costume actually looks like or even what sex they are. Did someone gram Micky mouse by the balls, seems to me Mickey mouse would be a male...but no, according to an article I read, mickey was actually a Minni mouse in disguise. This transgender crap needs to stop...when it effects mice it needs to be reconsidered.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm not disputing worker's comp so much as the idea that granny hit him so hard that his neck was thrown out. I was saying it wasn't granny so much as the weight of the head I'll bet. If you aren't fit enough to handle that kind of weight on your neck, it wouldn't take much (even just granny) to cause you to get injured by a sudden shift.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So if I got a job as a Disney character they'll pay me to get groped? Sign me up!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was agreeing with ya.

Just adding I think they were exaggerating the head taps. That and I have a hard time believing the Disney costume heads put weight on the neck and not shoulders. (edit: but now that I think about it, their heads move, so I could easily be wrong on the shoulders thing.)
edit on 27-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I honestly have no way of knowing either beyond what I do know about our mascot. It just seemed the only plausible way you could get injured because someone pats the head of the outfit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join