It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and Stone Circles.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PAUL35791
Yes. We know the Cardinal points, the Earths movement and Celestial bodies are important in UK FM ritual. The Mastermason Ritual in a Coffin, being born again, is linked to Venus, although they now use a green light bulb instead. Celestial objects and Constellations are used in Tracing Boards. A Lodge entrance should face SW, the same as a Bee Hive. Not that anyone here would know any of this. Class dismissed.

I've got a relative who is senior in a British lodge right now, if you could please post in more detail I can ask them to fact check. I have they've been a Mason for years and years and are in pretty deep.

What do masons do in countries we're they don't have stone circles? Do the use plastic or something similar? Are they portable?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

They use Spinal Tap's mini Stonehenge.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If your relative has been a FM for 100s of years, maybe you should post about him in the Vampyr topic or call up Stan Lees Superhumans.
I don't think you understand, I'm here educating FMs, not taking lessons from them, and I already have numerous MM sources, Masonic Historians, PhD Physics Professors and Astronomers. Most of this information is Scottish Rite and the Group that sits above FM.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes. We know the Cardinal points, the Earths movement and Celestial bodies are important in UK FM ritual. The Mastermason Ritual in a Coffin, being born again, is linked to Venus, although they now use a green light bulb instead.

Who uses a green light bulb? We don't. I've never seen a green light bulb or any coloured bulb of any kind in our rituals. Please explain.

Celestial objects and Constellations are used in Tracing Boards. A Lodge entrance should face SW, the same as a Bee Hive. Not that anyone here would know any of this. Class dismissed.

Why are you so negative and arrogant in your posts? Why not actually try to engage people and ask questions in a genuine, sensitive way rather than belittle? I'm sure there are people far more knowledgeable that myself who could/would answer you if you showed a little more respect.

(I have to word my answer carefully so it doesn't get deleted again for being...'ill-mannered' )

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If your relative has been a FM for 100s of years, maybe you should post about him in the Vampyr topic or call up Stan Lees Superhumans.

If you read his post he actually said he has family members who are masons going back hundreds of years; his family ancestry, not a single individual. Did you really think he meant a single person hundreds of years old?

I don't think you understand, I'm here educating FMs, not taking lessons from them, and I already have numerous MM sources, Masonic Historians, PhD Physics Professors and Astronomers. Most of this information is Scottish Rite and the Group that sits above FM.

What are those sources? Can you list them? I'm keen to know.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

...the Group that sits above FM.

Considering Masonry 'sits above' all the appendant bodies that makes no sense. But I've come to expect that from you.

(post by PAUL35791 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PAUL35791

You should scroll to the bottom of this thread and practice what you preach instead of criticizing Noonebutme.

edit on 31-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I didn't need you to inform me you don't know anything about this topic Augustus. It is only obvious, School Boy.
And may I take this opportunity to humbly wish the Admin a Happy 2020. I know what its like to share free time to school people. xxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I didn't need you to inform me...

Actually, you do, since you make one ill informed post after another.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I didn't know Fraggle Rock had a Lodge.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

On forums like this it can sometimes be difficult to tell whether people are being serious or sarcastic, but since you have posted a lot of "left of field" comments I'm going to er on the side of caution.

My family has been in the free masons for several hundred years, and this includes a great many senior masons, but this has been done serially, not in parallel. Each of them has lived a normal human lifespan, and the "100s of years" has been over the course of multiple generations. No single relative of mine has been a member of the free masons for 100s of years. If they have any supernatural powers, or super human abilities, I have neither witnessed them manifesting nor heard talk of them doing so.

I find it disturbing that you won't post your sources, or open yourself up to debate.

I will state again that my relatives involvement with stone circles has been as tourists visiting historic sites, and that I have seen no evidence of them performing the ceremonies or exhibiting the behaviors that you ascribe to free masons.

Then again, since you include so little detail it's difficult for me to believe that you have seen any of these rituals yourself, or even researched them based on the accounts of other people who have. Unless you can provide specific details, which I can take to actual serving free masons for confirmation, I will have no choice but to conclude that you are either making this up as you are going along or that you have watched a SecureTeam1 style video on the internet by somebody looking to generate clicks or ad revenue.

If you are here to "educate" people as you claim, why do you not include the content of which you speak?

This is like me claiming to be a math teacher and then simply giving people an overview of how graphs and charts are different, but not actually including a single graph or chart.

I also find it strange that you have become overtly uncooperative when somebody comes forward who actually knows UK free masons. Did you think that only American free masons frequented this forum, or that none of us may know non-American free masons?

I have family in the UK, who are in the free masons, who could directly confirm or contradict what you are saying, and you suddenly refuse to say anything?

Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I didn't know Fraggle Rock had a Lodge.

It also has a sauna.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PAUL35791

Wait. You don't read books?

Why the heck not?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
John Wood the Elder is alleged to have been a Freemason, he spent a lot of time at Stonehenge and incorperated his knowledge into the street plan of Bath, UK.
en.wikipedia.org...

A key is masonic symbolism which you can see in Bath, UK

edit on 5-1-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding picture

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astronomer62
John Wood the Elder is alleged to have been a Freemason, he spent a lot of time at Stonehenge and incorperated his knowledge into the street plan of Bath, UK.
en.wikipedia.org...

A key is masonic symbolism which you can see in Bath, UK

I'm not aware of there ever being any evidence that he actually was a Mason. I don't think that he claimed to be one, or that any lodge ever claimed him to be a member.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I didn't say he was one, but must have been a member of a secret society that was a fringe group, obviously we could look at Sandusky, where freemasons admit to putting symbols in a street plan....but so what?
The OP asked for links, which is below:-
www.academia.edu...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When In Doubt ... Be A Stone And Pull Up Your Belt Pants Apron. Ask Questions Later!
That's What Orion And The FM Have Been Doing Since The Time Of The Brazen Serpent.

I Am Not A FM ... I Am Pinocchio. I Shall Tell Thee A Lie ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join