It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facepalm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My girlfriend had to work last night, so to kill some time, I went up to one of the local bars to hang out with some friends. A lady I casually know walked in and she is one of those who has a year around deep tan. She stopped to talk for a minute and asked did I have a nice Christmas, I said yes how was yours?
She started to gush about how several of her friends got together and bought her a years worth of tanning sessions. I joking said 'Well maybe in the Winter but sunshine is free in the Summer".
She said "Oh no, I don't lay out in the Sun. That extra violet is bad for your skin"
I said, " ...do you mean ultra violet?"
Her : "Yeah that stuff" It's really bad for you and can even cause skin cancer"
Me : "………………………………………..do you...……………….wait...……..tanning beds work the same as...……….huh ?"

Facepalm.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I see an interesting new conspiracy that I didn't know.

Tanning salons used for population control. Cruel way to get rid of idiots but effective.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The EXTRAVIOLET CONSPIRACY!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Still safer than ultraviolent rays

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening.

The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old extra violet.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I can tell by your comment that you're a dobby cheloveck!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"The sun isn't a star. It's way too big."
Yes, I heard those words come from someone's mouth.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Tanning salons are not that healthy.

If you go out in the sun in the summer, do not drink OJ or lemonaide for a few hours before or during the time outdoors. Save the lemonaide for when the sun is lower, that includes mixed drinks too.

Avoid veggies or berries containing furocummarins for a few hours before going out into the sun for long periods too, they can sensitize the skin and increase skin damage. Save the smoothies for times that you are going to be indoors. These compounds are like coumadin, you are supposed to stay out of the sun when on that med. You can eat all you want when the sun is down by the horizon. When picking berries, do not eat the berries while out picking on a sunny day, wait till you are all done and are not going to be hit by the sun much more. Again, remember, the sun in the evening does not have as bad of a frequency to cause damage, neither does the early morning sun.

Tanning beds and clubs have become the In thing these days but they are not that much better than just staying out and getting a tan. But that will not stop people from believing a lie. Some lamps do have some rays blocked, but that does not fully protect people from harmful effects. It is a fad.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You skipped the most important question. Does she have tan lines? And will she show you?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Tanning Beds - Some tanning advocates insist that indoor tanning is a healthy source of vitamin D and is much better than outdoor tanning. This is simply not the case. Both indoor and outdoor tanning causes damage to our skin. Tanning beds emit roughly 12 times more UVA light than natural sunlight.

www.unitypoint.org...

As a kid , teenager , and young adult spending alot of time on the beach getting severely sunburned alot, I am 55 and haven't died yet.

Should've said you like the white meat.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I see an interesting new conspiracy that I didn't know.
Tanning salons used for population control. Cruel way to get rid of idiots but effective.

I've actually had several people tell me that they wanted to look good and not so pasty when they die, and that's why they would get tans.

I can almost hear the mourners and family talking at the funeral about Uncle Frank's life and his current passing on...
"It's so sad that Uncle Frank has passed away, but by golly does he look good or what? What a good looking tan he has!"

(sorry, couldn't help myself)
Johnny

top topics

join