It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Officially Establishes US Space Force with 2020 Defense Bill Signing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Gothmog
Anytime is see this , I think of the old cartoon "Star Blazers"

We’re off in outer space
Protecting Mother Earth
To save the human race
Our Star Blazers

Sorry, but its

We're off to outer space
We're leaving mother Earth
To save, the human race
Our Star Blazers

We used to race home on our bikes in the 5th grade to catch this awesome US version of Space Battleship Yamato

Depends on which season
There were 3 different songs.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: lostbook

No, my brain would melt at all the math any job with them would require.

Would you change your mind if they let you wear a cool red shirt and hang out with the senior officers?

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I'd run even faster.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The Comet Empire was a joke. The first season is the only one that matters

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

We've already revolutionized several fields in recent years. To the point that there's some seriously mind blowing stuff out there. It's really going to be interesting when other fields catch up.

I'm sure that there's some cool stuff out there. I'm even sure that there's already a Space Force in existence.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

A really cool feature in that video is that the Navy Ships are being used in Space exactly as they are....we aren't seeing Spaceships per say....the cool thing is that some of the postulated technology allows a Neutral-Dimension Field to be generated and harnessed which effectively allows you to turn anything from a small wooden Platform(Velikovsky) to a 60 mile long piece of Granite(David Hamel) into a "Neutral-Dimension Craft"(Anti-Gravity)... meaning the Worlds collective Navies already have an Earth Force capability....big enough to assert and enforce a generic Planetary Domain claim.

Cool video!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is as good as whdn the Air Force broke off from the Army in 1948. This means they can control their own budget and develop their own special weapns and tactics. Id join up in a heartbeat. I had a small taste with SAC when i worked ICBM'S in Montana..and a liege of mine cross trained into Sat control, but this is gonna be next level.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
What I want is a massive flying wing like in the new Godzilla movie.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I've been saying for years we need to go back into space. Having a space military branch is definitely a different route than what i was thinking.

People always whine about problems here on earth, but the technology that is developed from this can possibly help us here on earth as well. If memory serves me right, i think we gained a lot of medical tech from when we went to the moon.
edit on 27-12-2019 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I still would like to know about the top secret shuttle missions. I remember watching tv and the announcer would say there goes space shuttle whatever on a top secret mission into space. I'm going with super high tech spy satellites and maybe a satellite destroyer.

Anyways a little history on the shuttle missions. www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
With Russia claiming their new Hypersonic ICBM Avangard is active, maybe a new part of their remit will be Star Wars and the speed of light takedown of Hypersonic ICBMs.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Can anyone say Space Force without using an over the top voiceover tone?

Spaaaaaaaaaaaace Forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrce

If you listen carefully, you can hear the rest of the world laughing. Again.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Hardly. The rest of the world is busy building an equivalent force. They recognize space as the ultimate high ground.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
Can anyone say Space Force without using an over the top voiceover tone?

Spaaaaaaaaaaaace Forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrce

If you listen carefully, you can hear the rest of the world laughing. Again.

Really? Its overdue actually and as Zaphod points out, its the ultimate high ground. The only people that think this is a bad idea are countries that do not have the means, technical or financial, to put their own objects in orbit.

We have been there for some time now, may as well formalize it. That X-37 is not staying up for years to simply look cute no?

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

i mean what else are we supposed to name it? people probably felt it strange too, to say air force when the first air force was created.

and since when does it matter what the world thinks, we are the superpower, not them. world opinion won't protect us against enemy states with great ambitions like China as one example. it's nice to be liked but reality doesn't always allow that.
edit on 30-12-2019 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Hardly. The rest of the world is busy building an equivalent force. They recognize space as the ultimate high ground.

So, i'd say that it's just a matter of time before there are serious conflicts in Space. Especially, for resources...

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can anyone say Cold War 2.0? Emphasis on cold cause Space is freezing.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Space will most likely end up another front in the Cold War. It will be a lot of anti satellite systems parked around each other.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Space will most likely end up another front in the Cold War. It will be a lot of anti satellite systems parked around each other.

Add in the Deep Space Gateway, Moonbase, Space Tourism, and the SpaceForce will be pretty busy protecting assets in Space.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Natural progression to pull some things together, space will be an area that requires monitoring, planning, and eventually regular travel through.

Honestly this probably should have been done shortly after the fall of the soviet union.
Maybe it was........in secret.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join