It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

let's talk about life, the universe and consciousness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

From Particle Physics to Your Brain

Professor Paul Davies reflected on the ability of the brain to handle the abstract field of mathematics. “Mathematics is not something that you find lying around in your back yard. It’s produced by the human mind. Yet if we ask where mathematics works best, it is in areas like particle physics and astrophysics, areas of fundamental science that are very, very far removed from everyday affairs.” What does that imply? “It suggests to me that consciousness and our ability to do mathematics are no mere accident, no trivial detail, no insignificant by-product of evolution.”—Are We Alone?From Particle Physics to Your Brain

First of all - Mathematics is all around us. It is the language of relationships.

The bible was produced by the human mind.

If you consider the bible as divinely inspired how can you not see mathematics in the same light?

Mathematics has the advantage of working whether or not one believes in it, much like gravity, electro-magnetic,the weak and strong nuclear forces - the bible not so much.

Though I will grant you that the bible holds a lot of wisdom and advise as do the other Holy books of mankind. None of them make the best arguments when talking science. Religion and it's texts were mankind's first attempts at explaining the Mystery, Science is just the newest attempt to explain 'reality'. Both viewpoints are valid and while science can describe and predict physical reality better then religious texts, neither is close to understanding consciousness.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneBird
a reply to: Itisnowagain

But to God each of us do exist, on a deep personal individual level. On a soul/spirit level at least.

How do you know this?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If one doesn't run/escape from one's own suffering maybe one will find out.

The buddists have a tradition of 'Inviting the Demon In'.

buddhism.lib.ntu.edu.tw...

From the earliest teachings of the Buddha, the practitioner has been encouraged to go against the stream of conventionality,

to look at everything in experience including that which one would rather avoid or ignore.

The way which the Buddha discovered was based on
opening to all, including the "shadow," to see fearlessly what is
there, and to integrate lost shadow material as a source of
spiritual richness.

or as quoted in the Big Book of Alcoholic's Anonymous:

We stopped fighting (or running away) from everyone and everything.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: FyreByrd

No, I'm talking about the mechanism, the "act" of breaking symmetry and giving mass to particles. That makes it very unique amongst the fields.

The mechanism of consciousness?

Are you making an analogy between a field in general and consciousness?

Or are you implying that consciousness is a field of its own?

Or incorporated with a known physical field? As I clumsily asked.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The Higgs mechanism. this

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Cause God showed me his power of Mercy by rescuing me from the clutches of evil forces. I seen the light and everything. Now I'm just trying to please God. And Christ. For what they did for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

The Higgs mechanism. this

Please answer my actual question.

Are you positing that the Higgs Field, includes consciousness or the carrier of consciousness?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Cause God showed me his power of Mercy by rescuing me from the clutches of evil forces. I seen the light and everything. Now I'm just trying to please God. And Christ. For what they did for me.

I am pleased that you've experience this for you life and dedicated your life to an ideal that you believe in.

However beliefs are subjective. As such, they may answer questions to your satisfaction but it is insufficient to convince others that have not shared your experience or had experiences that lead to different conclusions.

Science (in itself a belief system of sorts) helps bridge the gap by presenting ideas that are predictive and reproducible to anyone with the resources to recreate a given experiment or sequence of experiments.

Science doesn't tell us a lot about consciousness because we can't really measure it we can only measure brain activity so we only correlate the two activities and conclude that consciousness is an emergent property of brain activity. But maybe it's the other way around maybe measurable brain activity is an emergent property of universal consciousness (even perhaps God if you wish). And perhaps, it's a bi-directional function.

Whatever is true, is not knowable by science (at this time) and only knowable by religious/spritual knowledge that is subjective.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I don't think you understand. What I saw and felt was an infinite amount more real than anything in this world. That Love of God transcends everything. Consciousness, the universe, death, fear. Even if you have backslid a little, as I have, that grace and love is still there.

You ever sit alone, and just feel, right to the core of your being, how much God loves you, and you love him?

Why not, it's right there. It transcends everything. It will bring a man to tears. You want to hug God. And never let God go, ya know.

Hey, maybe one just had to be in a predicament where you are a nothing, an outsider, tormented by darkness, with little hope then you have no where else to turn to, but God.

And even after that, you still would be burned at the stake, Cause this world doesn't forgive and God does. And thats ok. Be a nobody then. And when the time comes transition from this world with courage and gratitude.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Our consciousness has pathways to both our local brain and higher brain, that exists in the all
To access the higher brain we first need train our local brain manners - that its rude to talk all the time.
Only when our local brain learns those manners will we be able to hear the incredible subtle bubbles of thoughts that come from the higher brain.

This in a nutshell is the path to enlightenment. Realizing that our conciousness, and everyone's else, is the eye of the Creator.

This is also the message of Genisus. Adam (male = spiritual side) and Eve (female = material side) fall from grace because the snake (our local brain/egoism) convinces our material side (aka eve) that local fruits of the tree (pleasures of spinal chord) are more important than altruism (God).

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No, I'm saying what I said: the field is consciousness. Like with incandescence, when oxidation leads to light being emitted, in this case consciousness processes information leads to emitting mass.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Hey, maybe one just had to be in a predicament where you are a nothing, an outsider, tormented by darkness, with little hope then you have no where else to turn to, but God.

Indeed one must be nothing and God will show his face.

See the trouble is... everyone wants to be something.

When you (a supposed thing) disappears then God is.

In the Bible it states that no man can see God's face and live.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Our consciousness has pathways to both our local brain and higher brain, that exists in the all
To access the higher brain we first need train our local brain manners - that its rude to talk all the time.
Only when our local brain learns those manners will we be able to hear the incredible subtle bubbles of thoughts that come from the higher brain.

Talking and wording make believe that there are things... you are a thing and the world another thing containing you and the ten thousand things.....the past is a thing and the future is a thing...

But really there are no things.... no things at all.

There is only what is...... what is, is happening (no separation).

One without a second.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

But there are two things that exist.
Vibration and Stillness.
What if you cannot deny one, without denying the other.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

But there are two things that exist.
Vibration and Stillness.
What if you cannot deny one, without denying the other.

Stillness is vibrating.
Silence is sounding.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: glend
Is the ocean full of waves?
Or is the ocean waving?

Are waves and ocean two separate things?

edit on 6-1-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The ocean is Stillness
The wave is Vibration

Yes you are correct its the dual "nature" of one.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: whereislogic

So turds and farts cannot have a bit of consciousness? Why?

Turds and farts are not conscious (aware) of their own existence, and that is what the concept of consciousness is referring to. As mentioned before.

Don't expect me to get into a debate or argument over whether or not turds and farts are conscious (aware) of their own existence, I'm not that kinda guy. I generally don't debate or argue with flat-earthers or those who deny the existence of the force of gravity either. It's just too ridiculous for my taste.

Common sense is in short supply these days...

Common Sense—Why So Uncommon?

The word “sense” is defined as “accurate appreciation,” “understanding,” and “practical wisdom or judgement.” It implies that a person has the ability to judge and decide with intelligence. Common sense evidently requires that we use thinking ability. Many people would rather let others do their thinking for them. They allow the media, their peers, or popular opinion to make decisions for them.

Common sense seems to be so lacking in today’s world that an observant man once noted, ‘Common sense, in truth, is very uncommon.’ ...

How Acquired?
Choose associates wisely. In using wisdom and common sense, we are also helped or hindered by our associates. Proverbs 13:20 states: “He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.” ... Proverbs 17:12 puts the matter this way: “Let there be an encountering by a man of a bear bereaved of its cubs rather than anyone stupid in his foolishness.”

edit on 8-1-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

My theories about consciousness, subconsciousness and unconsciousness come from the simple truth that we can all connect under the right circumstances your blood type determines which minds you can connect to for example I found this blog post on the internet to be quite helpful in understanding our human universe as author wants to paint it.

Electricity Channels Human Consciousness and Unconsciousness

Electricity is something we rely on to power our homes and allows businesses to function. But the way the author of this blog I found like to put it all types of human consciousness from the various human blood types on earth all come through the electrical grid and with an open pineal gland you can hear the consciousness of humanity seeping through the walls and ceilings of your house or apartment if you where paying attention.

There was even another post he did regarding the same phenomenon that works with the telecommunications grid as well.

The Telecommunications Grid Also Channels Human Consciousness and Unconsciousness

edit on 1 14 20 by UnderTheBus because: mispelled something

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I don't think you understand. What I saw and felt was an infinite amount more real than anything in this world. That Love of God transcends everything. Consciousness, the universe, death, fear. Even if you have backslid a little, as I have, that grace and love is still there.

You ever sit alone, and just feel, right to the core of your being, how much God loves you, and you love him?

Why not, it's right there. It transcends everything. It will bring a man to tears. You want to hug God. And never let God go, ya know.

And even after that, you still would be burned at the stake, Cause this world doesn't forgive and God does. And thats ok. Be a nobody then. And when the time comes transition from this world with courage and gratitude.

I fully understand that you experienced, felt and believe it's true.

That does not make it true for everyone. Everyone has their own experiences, perceives them in their own manner and comes to their own beliefs.

Granted there are people who choose to believe what other people tell them to believe for whatever reason.

So my friend, I think perhaps it is you who is lacking in understanding, not of our own experience but of how little your experience truly impacts the beliefs of others. As I say - I think it's grand and good that you've had this experience come to these conclusions, but please, don't force your ideas onto others. Share your joy with others then let them have their own experiences of the Mystery or not ... as is their path.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join