It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

let's talk about life, the universe and consciousness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird
God could be the only thing that exists.......nothing separate in God??

Could God be what is happening?
Are there any parts in 'happening'?

edit on 30-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If one doesn't run/escape from one's own suffering maybe one will find out.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneBird

If one doesn't run/escape from one's own suffering maybe one will find out.

The one is what is.

And the one can dream of other than what is.... never being anything other than what is.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Edit to my previous comment, I missed the actual quotation of the term "empty speeches". Let's see how best to fit that in (I'll put it in red).

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

...After that, dfnj2015 rolled with Fyrebyrd's and Peeple's philosophies again and showed a lot more silly philosophers rolling with it as well (or a minor variation or modification of or elaboration on it, that's basically what I mean with 'rolling with it', building further upon the idea or some similar misinterpretation of what the concept of "consciousness" is referring to, or what it really means, minus all the bogus philosophies and empty speech* about it).

*: One last piece of advice for everyone:

“Look out that no one takes you captive* [Or “carries you off as his prey.”] by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” (Col. 2:8) “Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.” (Eph. 5:6) “Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Tim. 6:20) “Do not be led astray by various and strange teachings, for it is better for the heart to be strengthened by undeserved kindness than by foods* [That is, rules about food.], which do not benefit those occupied with them.” (Heb. 13:9)

Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us. But it is far better for each individual personally to choose what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind. So try not to occupy your mind with that which will not benefit you, and might even poison your mind (see my signature).
Is anyone here aware of how poisonous physical crap (feces) can be when injected into the blood stream?

Remember, for reasons given, I'm not in the flattery business, I'm in the truth seeking and telling business. Pardon if some of my questions sound a bit too rhetorical for anyone's taste (as in, 'hint, hint').

Yes Since a botched hernia surgery about 3 yrs ago I've had my feces mixed with infected mesh pouring out my mouth like a water cannon.

On days when it's a 10+ and I'm waiting in line with other truckers and around warehouse and office workers and everyone is coughing and talking under their breath about me, I bow my chin, get resolute, tell God I love him, and if he wants to beam me out of here, I won't complain. Then he says to get through it, it's just temporary. And I say ok, thanks God.
edit on 30-12-2019 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You are the complete opposite of a Gnostic; I am not sure if that causes happiness or unhappiness.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

It's no wonder that some of those existentialist philosophers so often went mad or ended up killing or drinking themselves to death. For me though, thinking along those lines is only a consideration and not a belief. It's belief along those lines of thinking that causes such a sense of lostness.

While the philosophers sat and debated, the humble continued along the Way.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

It's no wonder that some of those existentialist philosophers so often went mad or ended up killing or drinking themselves to death. For me though, thinking along those lines is only a consideration and not a belief. It's belief along those lines of thinking that causes such a sense of lostness.

"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans"...John Lennon.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans"...John Lennon.

Every time I come to know where an electron is going, I forget where it is. When I find where it is, then I don't know where it is going. It's like the Programmer is trying to tell us something.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Every time I come to know where an electron is going, I forget where it is. When I find where it is, then I don't know where it is going. It's like the Programmer is trying to tell us something.

I am advised by Hindu/Buddhist philosophy to live in the "NOW", but I am not just one electron. There is wisdom there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Succinct. I like it.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The stability of the universe provides a place where the laws of nature
allow a sentient self aware being to believe he is the ultimate intelligence
in existence. But his mortality should be enough to tell him different.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I am advised by Hindu/Buddhist philosophy to live in the "NOW", but I am not just one electron. There is wisdom there somewhere.

No thing can live in the now.....and no thing can live outside of now.
Now is simply happening as it is....eternally.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

You are the complete opposite of a Gnostic; I am not sure if that causes happiness or unhappiness.

Please tell me ....what is a Gnostic (in your opinion)?
So I can find out what the opposite is....so I can find out what I am (according to you)!

No label brings happiness.
edit on 31-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

What is the value of higher consciousness without humility, service to others, and love for the Father and Christ our redeemer.. not much at all, one could say.

edit on 31-12-2019 by LoneBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Please tell me ....what is a Gnostic (in your opinion)?
So I can find out what the opposite is....so I can find out what I am (according to you)!
No label brings happiness.

I will happily label you (for your own edification). I KNOW. No one can influence my understanding of what I interpret that to be. This is not someone else's belief system strategy used in order to manipulate me. I KNOW all of it; specie development, the enslavement of humans. This is not a philosophy, Gnostic actually means what its spells out "enlightened" "to know". It is not teachable. Run from any that profess to be able to do so.

edit on 31-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

What is the value of higher consciousness without humility, service to others, and love for the Father and Christ our redeemer.. not much at all, one could say.

You might want to consider you live in a fake world designed to progress your soul. All of the drama, the "this seems so real" is not real at all. Aborigines called the waking state the dream world (not true not real not relevant other than correcting Karma and growing the soul). Think of this as a continuous episode of Schitts Creek and you will have mastered step one of your enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: FyreByrd

The Higgs Field, the background noise of singularity. I would bet on that. Not a metaphor.

Are you saying that 'consciousness' is a Higg's boson and material?

Interesting idea. But what of the other fields? How do you prove that consciousness is tied to a material field or particle?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

No, I'm talking about the mechanism, the "act" of breaking symmetry and giving mass to particles. That makes it very unique amongst the fields.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

So turds and farts cannot have a bit of consciousness? Why?

Turds and other waste products are the beginning of another life cycle. Farts add to the atmosphere.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable were I to say - everything is connected to consciousness in some manner.

In the seventies (The Secret Life of Plants) it was shown that plants are sentient (literally the ability to sense things) so there has to be some level of consciousness or the plant (or animal or rock or force) could not react to a given stimulus.

How can animals react to approaching earthquakes and tidel waves if not by a connection to a common field of consciousness?

You didn't specifically state any meaning to consciousness in your posts, so I ask, ("Where is the dividing line between that material that is conscious and that which is not-conscious"?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I understand what you mean. It's why I have quit drinking. We have to sort this out. Make some serious progress. Or the machine is going to takeover.

I just get the feeling though, that there is a hidden depth within each one of us, that goes beyond even what some would call the singularity of universal consciousness.

How do I know this. I don't know how cause I am not smart.

But I think if one has the proper yearning and insatiable desire to find out, and one gives one's whole being to the matter, well one might just find out.

I just want to interject that Ego and Consciousness are not the same thing. As humans we often conflate the two and it takes a bit of conscious (as in deliberate) work to tease the two apart.

You seem on the self-reflective path and you might consider this... or not, as you will.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join