It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Broadcast Corp deleted Trump cameo from Home Alone 2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Trumpanzies in a frenzy over this one but there's one problem. They had to edit the movie to make it shorter to fit air time. They made several other edits too it just wasn't Trump. This edit was made in 2014 before Trump was even president. Trump is just playing the victim on this one and his cult of lemmings will follow him off a cliff.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Because it didn't add one bit to the story. It was only filmed because Trump refused to allow them to film on location if he didn't get some 'placement' .

More recently, they needed to edit the film down to shoehorn in more, and more current, advertisements and to fit a time slot.

Trump wasn't paying the distributors for his product placement, so it was among the cuts.

edit on 27/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
They STILL dont understand WHY he won.

Hilarious.

He had a majority in the Electoral College vote.

What the majority of citizens wanted and voted for, had little to do with it. He didn't have the majority popular vote.

What's to understand?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

in the US all movies aired on TV lead with "Has been edited for content and run time".

LMAO...this is actually pretty funny. Im not sure why anyone cares. The movie kind of sucks, always has. But its within their right to edit for time and content. Im more shocked that someone actually noticed. On both sides of this argument....people need something better to do with their time than drinking haterade.

You should cry.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: PurpleFox
They STILL dont understand WHY he won.

Hilarious.

What are they going to delete after one of America's greatest presidents is re-elected in another Electoral College landslide?

How's that? All the great ones are dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero
As an aside, the CBC, Canada’s state broadcasting corporation, aired Trump documentaries that were unfavorable to Trump during the 2016 election. Given the fear of meddling from foreign state actors, this seems to be a clear-cut case of meddling in an election

Yes, but they were Canadians. It wasn't their election.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And clearly the 7 second cameo was such a strong political statement. The WORLD needs this!

Cutting it from the Canadian distribution will cause political anarchy and ruin!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Would this be culturally appropriate or too violent for virgin eyes.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ketsuko
Who cares..the CBC is Canadiana, its not American!!

Trump is President of the United States of America
And , not Canada
Remember that.

??
I have no idea what your point is.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Trumpanzies in a frenzy over this one but there's one problem. They had to edit the movie to make it shorter to fit air time. They made several other edits too it just wasn't Trump. This edit was made in 2014 before Trump was even president. Trump is just playing the victim on this one and his cult of lemmings will follow him off a cliff.

Yep, he was twittering away what a travesty it was, and it was because Justin Trudeau has it out for him(something to that effect) Neither idiot was in power or running..Trudeau might of been running..don't care enough to find out

I guess he is hoping to rile up those supporters of his that cant read this was done in 2014..or maybe Trump can't read either.
edit on 27-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88

Would this be culturally appropriate or too violent for virgin eyes.

Who cares, what does it have to do with the OP?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Because it didn't add one bit to the story. It was only filmed because Trump refused to allow them to film on location if he didn't get some 'placement' .

Good for him ! That’s a true businessman and that’s why he is proving to very good at negotiating better trade deals with other countries.. ( eventually.. after they come to their senses ).

Jerry Seinfeld is the same kind of ruthless when it comes to what he’s worth in his eyes... and it’s all about the money. I think Jerry is probably a cheap lib compared to Trump.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Dumb editing, Love or hate Trump, his cameo in that movie is interesting to see now that he's President of USA. I wonder if there's any footage of Trudeau floating around from his black face acting days, that would be interesting to see too !

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Dumb editing, Love or hate Trump, his cameo in that movie is interesting to see now that he's President of USA. I wonder if there's any footage of Trudeau floating around from his black face acting days, that would be interesting to see too !

Why, in 2014 was this dumb editing?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

Why, in 2014 was this dumb editing?

It was dumb back then too IMO, Trump was the owner of the hotel and a celebrity, it adds a little something to the movie.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Good for him ! That’s a true businessman and that’s why he is proving to very good at negotiating better trade deals with other countries.. ( eventually.. after they come to their senses ).

Jerry Seinfeld is the same kind of ruthless when it comes to what he’s worth in his eyes... and it’s all about the money. I think Jerry is probably a cheap lib compared to Trump.

Trump isn't supposed to be a businessman any more. He is the President.

His movie cameo, and whining about its removal, have no advantage to him now.

It is just whinging as the world moves on.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel
Fair enough if thats your thought.

They had to cut 8 minutes, editors have to really search for scenes to remove that do not disrupt the plot or continuity.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Trump I guess, and the whole censoring, childrens fragile minds, violence wont be tolerated, etc...

Stone Cold laid a smack a down on a woman and her family, but it ok since it is Trump.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88
Ahh, ok.

Ya, it's all theatre, been a long time since I watched wrestling. I liked old school NWA rather than WWF.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Trump isn't supposed to be a businessman any more. He is the President.

🤔.. I don’t know but it would seem that being a good president requires knowledge and skill in trading goods and doing the best you possibly can for your country in that ‘business’ regard. Good lord.. politics is all about “international business”.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join