It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Broadcast Corp deleted Trump cameo from Home Alone 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: ambassado12
a reply to: Fools

Leftists try to be Orwellian but the masses are much smarter than they think. You can't suppress and control the masses without repercussions.

Yep, super smart, so smart they can't figure out this edit was done in 2014, you know..pre Trump being a candidate.

ha... you didn’t know it either.. till you got spoon fed it like the rest of us on this thread.. I actually saw it on Twitter.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
No, not initially when I heard the fake outrage this morn, but a bit of digging showed the facts.

I did not find the facts here. I always search for additional info via the net. It was me that posted this was done in 2014..I'll have to look back to confirm that.

Ok, so yes, it was myself who 1st posted the timeline of the edit, right from the CBC.

edit on 26-12-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

I could say more but this about covers it, at this point anyone that denys TDS exists is either knowing lying to themselves or brain dead

Wow, super creative..Didn't know TDS was a thing in 2014, you know Trump was not running for office, nor was he the president when this edit was done.

But if it helps with the persecution complex..have at it.

Have you ever heard of gif makers and paint programmes on computers and phones?..

This is the outcome of 'no child left behind' and participation trophies................... a lost and confused generation that will quite literally destroy everything. Like a child... forever young...forever whining and throwing hissy fits. The democratic party. . Thier parents. Has to spoil these brats and make the rest of us suffer like a screaming child in a grocery store.

Spankings.... we need to start handing out spankings
edit on 26-12-2019 by TheGhoul because: I can

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul
Yep, everyone gets one..no one is clean

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Smart mouths get the belt

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul

Smart mouths get the belt

The only belt I need, is to hold my pants up

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so...the ONLY reason is..."they hate trump"!!!!...noooooo other reason can possibly be thought of...just click your boots and move on.

But you hate Trump, right? So how can you gauge this any other way? Only by denial when it suits you.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe Trump asked it to be removed because he is way way more orange now????

But on a serious note, Its a bit much to remove him from a movie. I mean you still see OJ in movies.

That being said it does show the pitfalls of inserting gimmicky cameos into a movie. It either totally dates it for future generations, or it runs afoul or whatever sensitivities occur decades later.

If you are that offended by the cameo, do show or watch the movie. Its kind of that simple. Cutting it out really had the opposite effect in this case

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No, not initially when I heard the fake outrage this morn, but a bit of digging showed the facts.

I did not find the facts here. I always search for additional info via the net. It was me that posted this was done in 2014..I'll have to look back to confirm that.

Ok, so yes, it was myself who 1st posted the timeline of the edit, right from the CBC.

My apologies then.. because I was getting ready to post it on the thread as well as it was trending on Twitter.. you beat me to it by a few minutes.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The ridings, it was a mixed bag, centralized areas were liberal or NDP, majority were conservative.

Also, the CBC might seem liberal, but you need to really focus on all their articles. And compare them to other Canadian news outlets and you will see what I mean. I like to use the Hamilton Spec. as a middle ground, small time, yet big picture. Plus recently with the Ford government here in Ontario screwing everyone who doesn't live in Toronto they are on a war path.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

No worries at all!

you beat me to it by a few minutes.

Oh ya, happens all the time here..luck of the draw.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
That's a fairly disgusting act of censorship. I would be ashamed to be Canadian if I lived up there.

Canadians have more important things to worry about.

Dead of winter, two feet (excuse me: 60 cm) of snow on the ground, you just want to stay inside by a roaring fire and watch some good TV. You click it on and you get Home Alone 2.

That's how you get Wendigos, you know.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Fred,

The CBC have been using this edit/version since 2014. To fit the tv time frame, 8 minutes were cut out, including a 7 second cameo by Trump.

If this had been a recent edit, it could easily be argued, and I would agree, it was political. But, in 2014 Trump was not running, or taking about running.

I'm confident, at the time, it was just an easy clip to remove, along with the other almost 8 mins.

MonkeyFishFrog had a nice explanation

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
2014 huh? Well, it’s almost 2020 and Trump is aboot to start his second term Canada!!!! Re-edit it..put Trump back in..OR, we will begin “Operation Leaf Blower” and plant a flag in the ice up there Commies!!!
Cool!?!? Ay?!?

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko
Who cares..the CBC is Canadiana, its not American!!

Trump is President of the United States of America
And , not Canada
Remember that.

edit on 12/27/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
All I'm seeing is a thread full of triggered Trump supporters.

Pull yourselves together, it's not the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
In a few years this will just be one of them pesky "Mandela Effect" occurrences someone will post here.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

It is bizzare that a reality-star tabloid-loving wealthy businessman won with no prior political experience.

Well he did run against hillary

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So basically this is fake outrage?

I bet some people make a living off of creating outrage over nothing, wether it be left or right.

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Lol, I mean that’s pretty funny. Is their any stated reason for doing so? I can’t really imagine one other than some foreigners expressing their political bias with public funds.

Anything for a jab at the “enemy”

a reply to: Fools

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join