It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious drones flying nighttime patterns over northeast Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Yesterday in the Denver Evening Post: www.denverpost.com...

Phillips County sheriff says there are at least 17 of the aircraft that fly between 7 and 10 p.m. nightly

They are saying the FAA has no record of these flights of this fleet of pretty large drones making search patterns in 25-mile squares each all over NE Colorado. The Airforce says they are not theirs. I am thinking the DEA and DHS are preparing to make a giant federal pot bust is my opinion.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
I am thinking the DEA and DHS are preparing to make a giant federal pot bust is my opinion.

Pot is legal in Colorado. People should be allowed to grow it. Also, this time if year, I wouldn't expect the drones to find any pot plants alive.

My guess (and that's all it is) is this is some commercial exercise. Maybe someone scouting places to grow pot.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Just FYI, the Denver Post is a paywall site. You might want to find another source. (in other words, screw the Denver Post!!!...big time liberal rag anyway!)

Now, to your OP...

Interesting! How much you want to bet the same thing is also taking place in SE Wyoming? I guess it's no secret (anymore) this whole area contains one of the highest densities of active nuclear weapons in the country.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Consider how to study a awakening disturbing faultline without alerting more than but one or two close to the chest comrades.

Hmmmmm.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

They are doing sensor sweeps for sure of that area and flying at 200-600 feet I guess to avoid air traffic and those radar systems. No private entity could get away with this kind of massive air surveillance campaign.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It is all over the news. I went with that one because it is in the state and not a national outlet. Lots of news sites have stories up on this.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
Yesterday in the Denver Evening Post: www.denverpost.com...

Phillips County sheriff says there are at least 17 of the aircraft that fly between 7 and 10 p.m. nightly

They are saying the FAA has no record of these flights of this fleet of pretty large drones making search patterns in 25-mile squares each all over NE Colorado. The Airforce says they are not theirs. I am thinking the DEA and DHS are preparing to make a giant federal pot bust is my opinion.

The military says they are not theirs...Obviously they are Russian...Shoot 'em down...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It would be interesting to follow one to see where they are taking off and landing from, if possible. That could answer some questions.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

For answers this would have been quicker if you'd of posted in the Aircraft Section of ATS.
Or this,
flightaware.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Being heavy enough drones to require FAA licensing and with an estimated wingspan of 6-8 feet flying at 200-600 feet, they are likely government surveillance flights. They are certainly not going to be discovered on the flightaware service.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

But it rules out other things.
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Just FYI, the Denver Post is a paywall site. You might want to find another source. (in other words, screw the Denver Post!!!...big time liberal rag anyway!)

Just disable Javascript on the site and you can read it.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Looks like Zerohedge has an article up with some new information in it.

www.zerohedge.com...

They have some images as well but they look like stock footage to me but are good for comparison to the drones reported

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
my guess is the Colorado flights by Autonomous piloted drones is just the testing phase for deployments in places like Equador or Columbia or other jungle territory down in the S Americas

? CIA

of possible connection is the report of nuclear powered drones by Russia... so that a months long flight would be possible for a 'undetected' killer drone, meant to strike the bunkered enemy planners, long after the hot actions had subsided and the 'coast looked clear' --- then BOOM!

posted on Dec, 27 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are what, 12 actual journalists still working at the DP, and two of them are fairly liberal. The rest don't particularly care for politics at all and are just covering the local city council meetings and police blotters for booze money.

top topics

join