It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you prep for 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The simple questions

1. Did you prep for 2012.
2. Were you more worried about the miyan prophecy, or about people doing crazy thing because they believed in it?
3. If you preped what did you do?

Where I was living at the time most people didn't know about it, or didn't care about it. So I didn't even store extra canned food. There was no question of it being bunk.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I stocked my basement with strippers.

It was tedious using them all up before they went bad.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I wasn't concerned. If the end is nigh, bring it on, and end this wordly pain and misery.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Did you prep for 2012.

No because I didn't believe in it but I did have a place to hide out planed just in case.
I still have a place to hide out planed just in case , just because it didn't happen then doesn't mean it won't happen now.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Naw.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't know if you would call it prepping but we bought a pony keg and 4 gts of tequila for the end of the world party.

The party almost killed me however. I think it was the sangria.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nope. But I did help a buddy build some shelves for his basement that year since he was canning vegetables in mason jars for the first time that year. But he put out a much larger garden than ever before as well. But the idea was to be able to eat homegrown all year be it fresh or canned. He was a couple months shy of the target goal and expanded his garden further the next couple years.

Then the farmer that leased the land started really late and the weed and feed overspray all but wiped out his garden in 2016. All those heirloom seeds lost. He just does a few things in a raised bed near the house now because the loss that year still sets him off.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I totally prepped for 2012.
We had our gear, food and a plan ready to be implemented.

I wasn't worried so much about the Mayan fears stuff as I did about the other fear garbage on the internet.

We made a plan and were ready...when the day came, we had a keg of beer, a bunch of fun and our stuff ready at the door.
I don't want to go through all the prep work we did because that is a lot of words I have to type.

Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.
(thank you to an ats member for teaching me that)

I also learned from the Y2K thing, in that you need to be prepared for the worst.

I am shooting from the hip right now, but I do believe Europe and the countries over there, think in more survival terms than us in the western world ,because we are still new countries and didn't see the amount of war they did overseas.

I am a survival type though...not into the weird pseudo sciences or politics because I try to stay as real as I can if possible.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We had a keg as well!!
The rest is classified.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'll say this...grew up a Boy Scout in the 70s. "Be prepared" was just a part of the normal rural culture at that time.
Most of us carried that forward.

Always prepared, no reactive prepping outside of some extra water...which we are pretty secure with.

*** I take that back, I did buy .22 lr during the Obama years***
that count for 2012?
edit on 25-12-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

1. Yes

2. Crazy people

3. Stocked a year and a half worth of food, water and supplies (including meds and ammo), stockpiled various seeds for planting, stacked 3 cords of firewood, formed survival scenario coalition with the neighbors. I was lucky enough to live surrounded by people with all the skills necessary to start a community from scratch, even luckier that we didn't have to!

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I stocked my basement with strippers.

It was tedious using them all up before they went bad.

You had that much paint to remove?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Of course not. Not everyone here is an out and out nut job.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

1. No more than I prepare for everyday emergencies, or global catastrophe...

2. Not in the slightest. Now the crazy things did occur to me, but mostly nope.

3. I always try to have at least a couple of weeks worth of canned food, or in some manner preserved, around.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I still buy some survival gear. I just bought a Lifestraw and a Sawyer mini filtration system. I buy a little here and there. I don't go crazy with it. I am thinking about getting another survival knife though. Not sure which one.

No one knows from one day to the next what could happen. Hope for the best but prepare for the worse.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
The simple questions

1. Did you prep for 2012.

Spiritually, yes.

2. Were you more worried about the miyan prophecy, or about people doing crazy thing because they believed in it?

Was not worried, more so observing for truth in their claims. Factoring in current mankind not accurately deciphering their data 100% so errors in time and information expected...

3. If you preped what did you do?

Searched ways to increase spiritual and conscious strength to help me to be strong for myself and others if needed incase some of their (unclear) information was related to planetary changes.

edit on 12/25/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Living on the gulf coast in Florida, I had a couple friends prep their big boats and had a place for me, my family and pets.

That was nice. Had no worries.

Never believed in the Mayan calendar ending this world but you never know.

I had been more concerned about y2k because that was more understandable as everyone I knew were into computers etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yes and no. I have been a survivalist for many, many years. I was not concerned about the 2012 prognostications, but fascinated by it. I have been prepared for the last 40 years. One size fits all preps. Hey, some manner of crap is gonna hit the fan, or the probabilities of that happening are more than in favor of global peace.

My ATS signature used to read: "I don't believe in Niribu, but I love to track its progress."

I believe the Maya had understanding of celestial measure and other ideals of the cosmos, in which we, today, are unaware of.

We ..... humanity......... tend to look at things in such a short term, whereas the Maya looked at a much broader picture. A warming or cooling trend might take decades. We don't care. We want to judge the trend by the short term inferences, and discount the cycles. The Maya were all about cycles and patterns and groups of years, decades and centuries. IMVHO.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I still buy some survival gear. I just bought a Lifestraw and a Sawyer mini filtration system. I buy a little here and there. I don't go crazy with it. I am thinking about getting another survival knife though. Not sure which one.

No one knows from one day to the next what could happen. Hope for the best but prepare for the worse.

Invest in a desalinator ASAP...or build a DIY one.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Of course, I had a colonoscopy coming up.

Oh, that's not what you meant?

No, I don't pay any attention to those warnings. What's going to happen is going to happen, there's nothing I can do to change it. Actually it would be cool to witness one of the so-called civilization-ending disasters like a large meteor strike or multiple meteor strikes. The catastrophic type, not the window-breaking type. I did wonder how things were supposed to end in 2012, I don't remember what they said at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join