It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seige on Tripoli Begins Midnight Christmas, Civilian Aircraft Will be Targeted if Carrying Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
a reply to: worldstarcountry

How does he know if a civilian aircraft is transporting weapons systems? X-ray vision? Cargo manifest? Ask them?

This doesn't sound good.

I've wanted to say this and didn't.
(Bigburgh feverishly tapping the star button)
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟� ��🌟

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Yea I messed up my designations. Whoops.

a reply to: FlyingSquirrel
If you visit my existing thread that I update every so often, I wrote up a fairly thorough background from various sources with a timeline leading up to April start of this offensive which I also updated today. This includes joint meetings between Libyan and Russian defense ministers where the CEO or president of Wagner was present. I mean they already been seen operating in the outskirts of Tripoli, so clearly the action is just heating up.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

A cargo flight from Turkey or Egypt, or one of the locations known to supply weapons is far more likely to be carrying them than a passenger flight. Passenger flights are currently using Mitiga International Airport, while cargo flights are going into Tripoli International.

Even if a plane gets hit by a MANPADS, there's a good chance of it landing, as long as the pilot doesn't panic. Several large aircraft were hit by them over Iraq, including a DHL A330, and all landed safely, although with some pretty significant damage.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A reply to post by: VictorVonDoom
Well if I were to speculate, they may rely on the intelligence shared by Russia, Egypt, the UAE, and even France. But frankly if it is departing from Istanbul and headed towards mitiga or misrata it's more than likely Carrying drones, trucks, AA guns etc..

I mean, a Turkish unit operating there in September shot down a UAE operated wing loon with a tactical laser, the first combat use on a battlefield in modern history from what I read about it. Of course some folks don't necessarily believe it happened. I don't see why it could not have happened though, the Turkish military has them, they are bankrolling the GNA defense, and it's another place to test new systems like in Syria. It takes the place of mounted machine gun on a light armored truck, so it's not terribly demanding of resources either.

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It was damaged earlier this year.
But this 747 run by th Iranian government has been a topic on ATS a couple times.

Fars air. Making deliveries to Iraq and Syria. I dubbed it the Middle East weapons smuggler.

HistoryEdit

Fars Air Qeshm was established in 2003 with the aim of creating efficient passenger and cargo services servingΒ Qeshm Island. The airline was created with the aid ofΒ private sector investment.[citation needed]

It temporarily ceased operations in 2013 due to bad management and financial problems. Operations were restarted with new management team in March 2017 based in Tehran with two Boeing 747-281F Combi (Passenger / cargo) aircraft.

Multiple intelligence sources has accused Iranian government of using Fars Air QeshmΒ aircraftΒ and its cargo route to Beirut in order to transport weapons forΒ HezbollahΒ and cover up as civilian jets.[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Who's running the weapons?
edit on 24-12-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Edit: you can track it...

edit on 24-12-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Zaphod58

Since it can't be focused on, could be an mi-8

I was thinking this.

Mi-2

You can tell from the shadow that it is an Mi-24/25/35 Hind.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think there's a patch available. Try Matrix Games for a link.a reply to: Phage

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join