It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will take care of illegal immigrants who can no longer work?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Ya... ummm... ats has convinced me that the illegal aliens are having a dozen or so kids while the citizens arent even having enough to maintain the population. I wouldn't worry about the illegals, the culture they brought with them will be embedded enough in their children to still have an understanding of how extended families includes a responsibility to take care of their aging relatives, and they will have a dozen or so to pitch in and help..
Worry more about yourselves, especially if you have chosen to go through life childless or are an only child because after they tank the social security/medicaid funds and cut the welfare programs to the bare bones, they are gonna be expecting us to go back to an extended family model... your kids will be sacked with your care in your old age.. if you have any.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
You are racist if you don't love the replacement citizens.

Hi Mandroid,

Will the phrase, "replacement citizens" become
a new politically correct
term to describe illegal aliens (border jumpers)?

It would seem so,

CNN reporters will make that decision.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Ya... ummm... ats has convinced me that the illegal aliens are having a dozen or so kids while the citizens arent even having enough to maintain the population. I wouldn't worry about the illegals, the culture they brought with them will be embedded enough in their children to still have an understanding of how extended families includes a responsibility to take care of their aging relatives, and they will have a dozen or so to pitch in and help..
Worry more about yourselves, especially if you have chosen to go through life childless or are an only child because after they tank the social security/medicaid funds and cut the welfare programs to the bare bones, they are gonna be expecting us to go back to an extended family model... your kids will be sacked with your care in your old age.. if you have any.

Ah well. The whole "system" is really just a great big prison anyway, right? If you're not a good slave they'll find a way to make you hurt. If you are a good slave they'll find a way to make you hate anyone who isn't.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
What becomes of illegal immigrants in the USA when they become too old or disabled to work? Do they go back to their homelands and live off their savings? Do they qualify for whatever kind of social welfare is available in their native lands? Maybe they get taken care of here in the USA through a combination of their own savings, private charities and family members living here. Or do some of them qualify somehow for federal or state programs that pay for all or some of their needs?

Frankly, I have no idea and I doubt anyone else does. No one in government or immigrant advocate organizations wants to look into this issue closely or even think about it. Instead, what you usually hear is how much illegals contribute to our economy, and specifically, to Security Security and Medicare. The highest estimate I can find for illegals’ contributions to Social Security is $13 billion, and another $3 billion is thought to be contributed by them to Medicare.

That sounds impressive until you do a little digging and learn that in 2017, contributions to Social Security totaled $996 billion. That means illegal immigrants are contributing about 1.3 percent of all Social Security annual income.

In 2018, Medicare received $755 billion in revenue from various sources. The estimated $3 billion in contributions from illegals is about four-tenths of 1 percent of total revenue for Medicare.

Advocates of illegals, including the ever-sympathetic mainstream news media, always portray their contributions as having a major impact on funding for Social Security. They often describe their total contributions over a 10-year period, or even over 30 years, which sounds much more impressive.

I find it hard to believe the absence of 1.3 percent of funding would have a huge impact on Social Security. Yet advocates make it sound as though we’re taking advantage of illegals, getting a free ride from them since they (supposedly) don’t enjoy the benefits. I might have a little sympathy for illegals who’ve paid into the fund for more than 40 years like I have, but I suspect that’s highly unusual. And I wonder how someone living here illegally for 20 years or more could be irresponsible enough not to plan for their retirement, knowing they aren’t going to get SS benefits.

According to a recent study by MIT and Yale professors, the estimate commonly given for the number of illegal immigrants — 11 million — is only half the actual number, and it’s possible there may be as many as 30 million. All of these people are eventually going to be unable to work. Is anyone in government at all concerned about how their retirement or disability income will be financed? Can you picture the U.S. government deporting them when they can no longer pay for their needs? Once again, it’s Millennials, Generation Z, their children and grandchildren who will be paying for this generosity to foreigners living here illegally. I hope they realize this is being done by Democrats and the Left.

Usually their children take care of them. Just like they would do back in their home countries.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Did they pay taxes while they were able to work?

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You do know that this date was picked to hide christian celebrations from the romans right and that Jesus was most likely born in the spring or summer. The governments would not have had their citizens travel during the winter.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You do know that this date was picked to hide christian celebrations from the romans right and that Jesus was most likely born in the spring or summer. The governments would not have had their citizens travel during the winter.

The Earth's rotation has slowed over time and adjustments had to be made. It was warmer then too!

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I like white....... no apology a reply to: Mandroid7

Lots of illegals are white. Lots of Eastern Europeans and Russians in New York City in gypsy cab and ubers, or delivering for companies like amazon, or so it seems. Yes, they are a minority when compared to Hispanic, but they still exist.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Not even close. The calendar was changed by pope Gregory as the old calendar had an error in it that was causing the dates to slip a little more every year. He put leap years in to correct it, and adjusted the dates so that they matched the seasons.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Some do, some never earn enough to pay taxes, some are on the gray eccomony mony mony and cheat on their taxes. It varies from person to person.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They collect benefits under the S.S. number they stole leaving the legitimate holder with some splainin to do.. a reply to: Scapegrace

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Many just overstayed their visas and likely wont pay any repercussions..a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Just out of curiosity, how many of those Hispanics in NY City are puerto ricans, and thus citizens?
Maybe things have changed, I dont know, but at least in upstate ny, I think they were mostly puerto ricans.

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yes I knew a bunch of Czechs in cali . a reply to: AaarghZombies

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Gotta test out products on someone since the no cruelty and no animal testing movement has ramped up. Be all Bosnians and Mexicans with electrodes in their brains to the delight of PETA.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If I can I will help them.

It's the right thing to do.

And I don't need the government to give me permission.
Could you pay for all the needs of a single person who can’t work anymore? All of his or her health care expenses, food, housing, utilities and the other things that add up so quickly. It’s awfully generous of you to offer, but then you know you’ll never have to do it, because we’re all going to be sharing the burden. Yippee!
edit on 26-12-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: Scapegrace The church. The body of body of Christ. When you have done it to the least of theses you have done it unto Me.
Well let’s not stop there if you’re going to pull the Bible on me. Shouldn’t we open up the border completely and pay for airfare for anyone who wants to come here? We have unlimited resources after all and none of our own citizens are in need. I’m sure all the generations to come will be delighted to keep piling up ever more public debt that requires an ever bigger percentage of the fed budget for servicing it. Also, there are quite a few Americans who are atheists or agnostics, or are less than perfect Christians like you. They have this crazy notion that their tax money should not be wasted on people who have no legal right to be here. They seem to think we have huge problems of our own that require trillions of dollars, like our rundown infrastructure, at least half a million homeless Americans, more than 400,000 foster children who get thrown to the wolves when they’re 18, hungry old folks living in grim conditions, and so much more. Charity begins at home. I think that’s in the Bible, too.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Since we're only 7 hours from Jesus's hour of birth in the manger, you picked a bad time to ask your question ScapeGrace. You'll get more honest answers after Christ's birthday.
Good point. I didn’t think of that.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Millions of them do file tax returns, the same ones who contribute to Social Security and Medicare I suppose. And they pay sales taxes like all of us and their rent helps property owners pay their property taxes. But it costs a national average of $10,000 per child for a year of public school; I doubt many illegals pay that much in taxes for a child in school, and there are well over 100,000 of them in the Chicago school district alone ($13,000 per year average cost). How many of them pay for child delivery or health care in general? A quick search showed various estimates of total taxes paid by illegals ranging from $12-$18 billion a year. This included all taxes paid: sales, state income tax, federal income tax, etc. Most illegals who file fed tax returns don’t pay any income tax because they earn too little, while many get child tax credits totaling anywhere from $3-$7 billion a year according to various sources. It’s a complicated subject and I doubt anyone knows the true answer.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 26-12-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join